Thread: Junya Watanabe F/W 09.10 Paris

Default Junya Watanabe F/W 09.10 Paris

technically masterful, aesthetically interesting, and absolutely uninspiring. All the puffers remind me of Issey Miyake (and chains of Gaultier).
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

hmmm, why do you think it's uninspiring, Faust?

I think it's a gorgeously theatrical presentation...music (Madame Butterfly), make-up, everything! The combination of the puffas with so much black threatens to be crushing, but the touches of gold add so much richness. (Black and golf has been a fave pairing of mine lately, so perhaps i'm a bit biased.) I particularly like the draped pieces.

Interesting progression of darkness over at CDG...Tao did a dark collection for f/w 08, Rei for s/s 09, and now Junya for f/w 09...
    ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

It's uninspiring, because it's been so beaten to death by Junya, that I am simply bored.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

yeah, I know what you mean. there isn't much new...everything here is already a part of his vocabulary. i bet johnny won't like it either.
    ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

LOL. I suppose also the fact that he is working with the same fabric pretty much, just changing the looks. Of course it could be viewed as a good thing, but maybe the all black also adds to the monotony.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine