X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRSltd
    • Feb 2009

Leather Bag+Leather Jacket

Hi everyone, finally finished a bag, it's my first leathe-made work since i've made leather jacket a year ago.
    Some time ago i found out that all bags i see in shop not comfortable, some of them way too big, some too small, e.x to carry laptop or folder with sketchs. I hate black lining, light one is better when you can't find anything in bag.
    So i'm interesting in your opinion, what looks not good, what i should change? I wanna make another one.

• zamb
    • Nov 2006

I think this is a really great piece, don't know what you do for a living but if you made this yourself, you may be able to do some decent business as it certainly doesnt look DIY to me, you could easily sell bags of this quality at a few good stores.
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by zamb View Post
      I think this is a really great piece, don't know what you do for a living but if you made this yourself, you may be able to do some decent business as it certainly doesnt look DIY to me, you could easily sell bags of this quality at a few good stores.

echoed!

Can you post photos of the leather jacket you created last year? I don't recall it.

It's super clean and VERY pro looking.... I'm personally not a fan of pinking leather edges but thats just a personal thing. Really lovely work!
      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• tomatous
        Banned
        • Jan 2009

Bag looks great, really interested to see what your jacket looks like :)

Comment

• Vanna
          • May 2008

Great job on the bag. Leather looks really nice.

Now lets see the jacket.
          Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• zamb
            • Nov 2006

just another thought, if you want to take it a notch further, a more"square" buckle, in Gunmetal or antique brass (provided they match or are close to the zipper teeth/ pull) will make the bag more expensive looking.
            also try grommets on the bottom of the bag instead of the studs, it will give it a nicer look. I still love them though, and like everyone else eagerly await the jacket pics............
            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• BeauIXI
              • Nov 2008

Very nice bag. If you could make the handbag straps detachable or retractable or something, I would be even further impressed.
              Originally posted by philip nod
              somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• Casius
                • Dec 2006

Looks like a Jas-Mb bag. I like it and most of all, very professional looking.

Make a Guidi-esque bag and prepare for sz onslaught pm's.
                "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• TRSltd
                  • Feb 2009

Oh... thanks everyone for comments.

2zamb, to be true, when i bought a buckle, i was thinking about more square and bigger one, but for any reasons, decide to take a round one)
                  oh, it's a good idea, but in my city very difficult to find a good grommets, but i'll try to, it will looks great

2BeauIXI oh, it's not so easy, but i'll do it i think in next bag (coming soon )

Comment

• TRSltd
                    • Feb 2009

I don't really love my jacket, it looks not-finished, to my mind, very... i don't know... coarse (?) work, I just recently bought a good sewing machine...
                    But i really love leather, it looks sooo ugly, i like it)
                    It's old pics, some months i've made a recess in the back, so now there's no wrinkling and sagging.
                    Please, do not judge strictly, it was one of the first thing i've made myself...

Comment

• Chim
                      • Dec 2006

that jacket looks incredibly good for something you're not proud of

Comment

• Wiggles
                        • Sep 2008

Yeah, I wish I could make anything even near that good, even if it doesn't look like you want it to, it's quite the accomplishment to have done something of that complexity and laboriousness

Comment

• Vanna
                          • May 2008

Originally posted by Casius View Post
                          Looks like a Jas-Mb bag. I like it and most of all, very professional looking.

Make a Guidi-esque bag and prepare for sz onslaught pm's.
                          I thought it was reminiscent of Jas MB as well, except it looks better made. I've always been underwhelmed by Jas construction/quality.

Also, the jacket is fantastic. Seriously.
                          Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• tomatous
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2009

What everyone else said. Great work all around. I am very interested in attempting to create some leather goods myself.

Comment

• asho
                              • Nov 2007

looks really good...

just a few questions, what sort of machinery are you using? i.e. do you have a skiving machine, gluing machine etc?

I think you could improve the quality of the leather a little, what sort have you been using?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎