Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blacktulip
    • Nov 2011

Big Ullmann fan here too. But right now most of my classical listening seems to be in the fields of baroque and early music in general.
    "Silicon is a gas"

Comment

• Czx
      • Feb 2011

Ah yes, I saw your blog once when I was looking for materials on Ullman in English. Wish I could read that whole conversation! It is really hard to find any coherent and informative materials on the man, not to mention an interview.

I've been actually enjoying the music of Trouvers lately in terms of early music. Johannes Ciconnia was something else as well.
      I have an extensive study in the music of baroque next year so I'm trying to let it slide at the moment ;)
      néant
      Last.FM paranoia
      Ambient/noise/glitch/eai / On FB
      0 > ∞

Comment

• klangspiel
        • Apr 2007

great little documentary on galina ustvolskaya and her symphony no.2.

Comment

• Scmick Schmowens
          • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Czx View Post
          I'm sorry for ranting, I just can't stand neoclassicism for the most part, not to mention the trend for retakes on classic's.
          You may be in the minority with that opinion. The Richter disc apparently sold extremely well for Deutsche Grammophon-- they gave him a contract, re-issued the disc, and I expect we will see more from the Recomposed series soon.

Comment

• Caetano
            • Apr 2014

What about Hans Otte and his "Das Buch der Klänge" (The Book of sounds)?
            I love this version played by Herbert Henck. I came across it in a Godard film. It was "Notre Musique". By the way, Godard films are wonderful to discover more contemporary composers.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXJG85EbDUg
            “Given the choice between the experience of pain and nothing, I would choose pain." William Faulkner

Comment

• LelandJ
              Banned
              • Apr 2014

Classically trained Barrientos with a popular song reproduced through original Western Electric 12A horn (the bottom one), 555 compression driver, and Ortofon moving coil. That's about ten ma+ leather bikers at retail not including amp rack .

Recorded around 1928.

Comment

• kamsky
                • Jan 2007

Got to see the Danish String Quartet perform Beethoven's 1st and 10th ("Harps") String Quartets yesterday; very skillful and intense performers, bright renditions of both pieces. Nice to catch a live glimpse of an early and mid-career quartet in one performance.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎