X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philip nod
    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Brother Stasi View Post
    but with such rampant dishonesty and thievery obviously plaguing sz-land; do we really have any other choice? It's simply something that MUST be done! I'm sure Faust will agree...
    i don't know. i've never had a problem selling and i've probably sold to 20 different people and i've never had a problem buying and i've bought tons of shit. i don't know what you people are getting freaked out about.
    i can just imagine faust carrrying 35 boxes of trainers and ccp horse butt jewelry thingys down to the post office waiting in line for 3 hours, putting a gun to his head, pulling the trigger, and then racing back to fuck paypal for 20 maybe 25 minutes depending on how much he has left in him...glasgow mega lulz.
    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• kofi3159
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
      i don't know. i've never had a problem selling and i've probably sold to 20 different people and i've never had a problem buying and i've bought tons of shit. i don't know what you people are getting your freaked out about.
      My name is Kofi3159 and I approve of this message..
      Being buying from Canadu and a lot of other people..
      I will say all my experiences on this site has been a blast.
      Unlike ebay..

Comment

• Brother Stasi
        • Feb 2008

haha... sorry... I was just trying to bring a little humor to this thread. Obviously it would be a ridicules undertaking for Faust, or anyone (or even a dozen people)

Scamming is always going to happen, whether you buy something in a store or online, the bottom line is it comes down to how well you know the person/store you're buying from. If you don't feel comfortable with the seller/product because they are new to the forum; ask them questions. ask for more pictures of the garment. try and get a feeling for the person's personality. Look at there posts, do the say anything at all thoughtful? Are the photos they're using obviously reused from someone else? When they have multiple items for sale do they all look like they were shot with the same camera in the same place?

There's always going to be some element of risk when making a purchase, let alone online. In the end it comes down to does who you are buying something from feel honest or reputable? If not then move on. You could increase the number of post requirements up to 500 or 1000 or 500 hundred million, but all that would do is discourage new people all the more. I feel, as a relatively "young" poster (despite being a senior lurker) that there is an obvious separation between senior members and otherwise, but at least now it's not to the ridicules extent that it could become the more paranoid people get.....

Comment

• Hewmiri
          • Feb 2007

it's just a risk that you have to take and it always will be, no?

you could get hit by a truck on the way back from the rick owens store after paying full retail price.. that's life.

Comment

• H-R
            • May 2007

And then after, a homeless guy at the side of the street cops the high collar that you just bought

Comment

• theetruscan
              • Jan 2008

Just as a fun aside on trustworthiness and risk management:

If someone offers to watch your laptop when you go to the restroom in a coffee shop, you probably shouldn't let them. If you ask someone, or two someones, you're almost certainly fine.

A lost child is best served by asking a stranger for help*. A lost child shouldn't accept help from a stranger who comes up and offers it.

Basically, people are for the most part trustworthy. So, if you choose at random, you're almost assured a positive outcome. But, those who aren't trustworthy will work to get into situations where they can take advantage. So, the risk is determined largely by who instigates the interaction.

*A lost child raised by wolves may be another story. He should, most likely, not ask a strange wolf for help.
              Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
                zboss: aka, why you return duble pay?
                because his name is not blacksuit, and he wasnt wearing one.......
                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Purity
                  • Apr 2007

Agreed that this is not much to get riled up about. I've never had any problems from any members on this site, neither selling nor buying. In fact, the last time I was ripped off was when I was about 13 and sent 15 dollars in an envelope to the U.S, for a copy of Gremlins 2 on dvd. Suffice to say, it never showed up.

Comment

• munch
                    • Aug 2008

I always try to get the people to take pictures of them and something else to make sure they really have the item... well it's not a guarantee I know but still makes me feel more safe... :D

Comment

• Spencer
                      • Feb 2007

I've dealt with a buncha folks here no problem. I just go the common sense route. If I feel iffy at all, I walk away. I've had to pass on many an awesome item because of this, but I also have about 4 less gray hairs because I'm not stressing over getting my shit either.

Look, there's NO full proof plan when you buy online. None. People are people and can do dumb shit at times. Just use what mental skills you have and you should be fine. Or fucked, depending on who's reading this.

Comment

• rogelro
                        • Mar 2008

if your a buyer and your using paypal you can't get scammed cause you can file claims against a seller who doesn;t ship you the item or ships you something other than advertised and you get your money back

Comment

• jcotteri
                          • Jun 2008

i'm 100% legit tehehe
                          WTB: This

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by the breaks View Post
                            No sort of feedback system would have stopped the shit that's taken place or the shit that inevitably will.
                            Originally posted by Bring The Noise View Post
                            One of the other forums i post on has a user feedback section where you can leave feedback on the user...i think that'd be pretty effective
                            cosign with the breaks here, these never work. they always end up in endless arguments over whether or not someone being listed there is justified etc etc. the only way it would work is if someone updates a list of dishonest people, that way you dont have to go through many pages in a thread. but then again cant these users be banned right away without any sort of list?

Originally posted by Brother Stasi View Post
                            but with such rampant dishonesty and thievery obviously plaguing sz-land; do we really have any other choice? It's simply something that MUST be done! I'm sure Faust will agree...
                            lmao, I'm sure Faust wants to be your errand boy
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by rogelro View Post
                              if your a buyer and your using paypal you can't get scammed cause you can file claims against a seller who doesn;t ship you the item or ships you something other than advertised and you get your money back
                              this has been said plenty of times. winning a claim isn't really heart warming when you're left with no money because the scammer's paypal account is empty.
                              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• SunshineSometime
                                • May 2008

I recently bought something off a reputable forum member and the item was quite badly damaged. It was not mentioned to me that there were any damages when i bought it off him but im giving him the benefit of doubt that he did not notice the damages. It would be alright if i could actually get a tailor to fix some of it but from the looks of it most of the damage is pretty much permanent.
                                Anyone has any advice on this?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎