Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Raf Simons

For rorschach and pnod.

Closer - FW 03/04

Everything I used to love about Raf

Unparalleled tailoring (in my book even Poell doesn't come close to what Raf used to do back then). Amazing knitwear. Interesting cultural references. I believe the shearlings were never produced because they were too expensive.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Pnod or anyone else, do you know what's on the back of that dress shirt? I almost bought it back then - now I think I should have.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Spring Summer 02 - possibly my most favorite menswear collection ever. It was so fresh and anti-fashion (for lack of a better word) that I instantly connected. Note, this was shown before 9/11, so any possibly negative references are incidental. BTW, I am still looking for that white army belt...

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Pnod, that's the sweater I have that I mentioned the other day.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

FW 01/02 - first collection after Raf took a season off thinking whether he should continue designing.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• philip nod
              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              Pnod or anyone else, do you know what's on the back of that dress shirt? I almost bought it back then - now I think I should have.
              still refers to the album released after ian's death...the one with the circled f that has been mistaken for Factory Records

im not sure what the symbols are below because i cant make them out but you should have gotten that. i saw a sweatshirt version once and it was ok, but the dress shirt is dope.
              One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                • Mar 2009

Those last 2 collections where also my all time favourites from Raf.
                I just started university,and was doing research when i came across them.
                So powerful in his execution for the shows,and the feeling of anarchy!
                These and some Helmut collections where my biggest inspirations at the time...
                Thankyou for digging these up and posting!
                merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                  • May 2008

Originally posted by SHYE_POSER View Post
                  These and some Helmut collections where my biggest inspirations at the time...
                  Thankyou for digging these up and posting!
                  Actually, when I read the discussion which sparked this thread (forget which thread it was in... Edit: Raf Simons Watch of course), I thought we should have a Hall of Fame for collections, some late HL, early RAF, Hedi DH, Ann - just a SZ waybackmachine of the best of the best... Then again, that might become too big a task. Still, worth it?
                  Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                    Actually, when I read the discussion which sparked this thread (forget which thread it was in... Edit: Raf Simons Watch of course), I thought we should have a Hall of Fame for collections, some late HL, early RAF, Hedi DH, Ann - just a SZ waybackmachine of the best of the best... Then again, that might become too big a task. Still, worth it?
                    Mine are right here

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Spring Summer 03 - Consumed. I still have trouble with fashion designers making statements about consumerism, but this seemed like a good effort.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Spring Summer 04 - the Siddhartha collection. My first disappointment - none of the elements I loved about his work were there - lots of sweatshirts and sweatpants instead. I know it's supposed to be all eerie and Buddhist, but it just did not deliver for me. I tried to pick the more redeeming images.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

\/ look whom I found

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mass
                              • Sep 2006

i always thought i was alone in thinking s/s 04 was a weak link among his 'early' collections

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎