• Show
Clear All
  • DamageX
    • Dec 2008

Fantastic! I particularly love these:

Comment

• Pinoy
      • Dec 2006

aside from the printed tees, this collection is wonderful!

it really strikes me as a refreshing and wispy collection, which is a welcome relief from many of the heavier FW from other designers.

it really meshes with "Flying like a bird with the freedom wings in the wind" :)

Comment

• laika
        • Sep 2006

More bad news....runner says Michiko is resigning from the company and the collection won't be produced.

i hope this means she will be starting her own venture, although I rather liked the idea of her succeeding Yohji.
        ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

that sucks. hopefully she'll strike out on her own.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Buckwheat
            • Sep 2006

the whole FW collection is going to be dropped? that's too bad...

It will be interesting to see who is going to take on YY lines when Yohji is done. Somwhow I see it will be a guy taking over YY pour homme. And will not be Limi doing the women lines.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Why not Limi? She is the heir.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Buckwheat
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                Why not Limi? She is the heir.
                I would think so if I didn't watch her interview. She talked about how Yohji is designing "imaginary women". And she is designing "real women". It just seems to me that Limi will have difficulties with this "imaginary woman"...the Yohji vision. I don't know, maybe she can prove me wrong.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Didn't she say that he designs for whatever girlfriend he is dating at the time, or something like that?

Also, by my comment, I did not mean that she is a better designer, just that she is an heir.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Avantster
                    ¤¤¤
                    • Sep 2006

Truly a shame that Michiko is going, I was really beginning to like the possibility of her taking over the reigns of YY womenswear and ushering into a new era. One can only speculate about the reasons why she's leaving but I hope to see her with her own label in the future.

Faust, Limi said that in the interview too, but I think it comes from Yohji's fantasy with his ideal of femininity which manifests itself in many ways, whether it is his lover, his mother, or perhaps even his daughter. I remember reading about his imaginary woman, she always has her back towards him and she is walking away, with her head gently turned to the side, but he cannot see her face. He is calling her, "Come back, come back.." but she never does. It's this romantic unrequited love for his imaginary woman that inspires his womenswear and which makes me think that no one can really continue his work without ushering the label into a new era.
                    let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Avantster
                      ¤¤¤
                      • Sep 2006

I really doubt I would once he's gone. Makes me sad just thinking about it..
                      let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Avantster
                        ¤¤¤
                        • Sep 2006

In conjunction with Sun Design Japan, Benshaman performed live improvised violoncello as part of Yohji Yamamoto's Ys Red Label A/W 09/10 collection, dressed in designer Michiko Suzuki's Ys Red Label couture (accompanying hat crafted by Misa Harada of London). Creative inspiration for the improvisation was drawn from the clothing, its movement, texture, color and form. Natural elements were also blended in the performance as the fashion show was held outdoors on the brink of dusk. The musical landscape hailed for respecting and complementing Suzuki's designs, drew largely from the notions of French Chanson and Impressionism.

After leaving Yohji Yamamoto, Skepper and Suzuki have established a new company in Tokyo called "rythme". Rythme is a creative springboard for avant-garde haute couture and music collaboration and the two artists are also working on projects in collaboration with artists of other disciplines, both in Japan and overseas.

Rythme's inaugural exhibition will be in Tokyo at the end of September 2009. Stay tuned!
                        http://www.myspace.com/benshaman

Comment

• jcotteri
                          • Jun 2008

interesting, very interesting
                          WTB: This

Comment

• Fade to Black
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Avantster View Post
                            I really doubt I would once he's gone. Makes me sad just thinking about it..
                            yeah once he's gone i'm done
                            www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍