Comment

• AKA*NYC
          • Nov 2007

the shorts with the drop crotch and narrow legs are dope
          LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

yeah, so far not a big fan of the new designs. The reissues/rehashes of previous season designs are of course nice.

Eh, it's s/s... it's rough on everybody hahaha
            www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• KodakII
              • Sep 2008

Here is the entire collection http://www.vogue.co.uk/fashion/show....photos/id,7903

Comment

• CommieRabbit
                • Oct 2007

Only thing I dig so far is the color block sweaters/shirts which are totally old-school Rick; he used to do those way back in old collections.

I hate the MA-1 style zipper on the some of the jacket sleeves... totally kills the sleek minimalist lines that I expect from a Rick leather. Looks like shit I'd expect to see on DBSS or some other shitty Japanese label.

Waiting for better pics. EDIT: spoke too soon

Comment

• Fade to Black
                  • Sep 2008

^^^

yep prob the best piece in the entire collection for me. I'm not a shorts guy, but those are the best I've seen from him. (oops wrong page, directed at AKA's drop crotch shorts comment)

some outerwear pieces are alright, other than that, either it's gonna take some getting used to or it's just plain wack.
                  www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• casem
                    • Sep 2006

Does anyone else have massive trouble viewing the slideshow on vogue UK? The pic loads eventually but I get like 5 minutes of the swirly loading thing for every pic, it's driving me crazy trying to view new collections. My internet is fast so it's not that, do I need a plug in or something? [end diversion]

Originally posted by KodakII View Post
                    music

Comment

• cuddly
                      • Sep 2007

come on guys we've seen these first time reactions from ro before, then when pieces come around, everyone will be on a mad dash for pick ups.lol

Comment

• Oh weh mir
                        • Oct 2008

In some ways this sort of thing was bound happen. Novelty is important, particularly when a designer is expected to deliver a variation on theme every six months. The problem Rick Owens and many of the other designers celebrated on this forum face is that they are only expected to be novel in their designs once. Create a shoe that is ass ugly, lacking in functionality, and is exorbitantly over priced and consumers eat it up. Continue creating the same shoe over and over with only slight variations from season to season and its acceptance and popularity will only grow.

Create a completely new piece of footwear (although still rooted in the same concept of ' design an ass ugly anti-utilitarian super shoe') and it is met with apprehension and criticism. Rightfully so, I think it's terrible looking. But that is my opinion, and an opinion shared by a good chunk of mainstream fashion community when he released his first ass ugly super sneaker .

I guess what I am trying to say is that many of these designers claim to design their lines without any particular group people in mind. Perhaps this is true, and although this community typically embraces his work, maybe it's not all meant for us. Maybe there is someone out there this season is perfectly suited to. That person may happen to be Rick himself, but I guess that's his right as a designer.

I have no idea why I'm posting this, as I am simultaneously attacking and defending him while offering very little insight into the subject of criticism. But I started typing assuming it would go somewhere, and I've come too far not to hit the submit button. I'm not a fan of this from what I can see, but I wasn't full of praise for crust either. It is nice to see him bringing color and patterns back into his showings, but I'm not sure if it works with the silhouettes and cuts he is offering this season.
                        Originally posted by AVALANCHE
                        is this an example of how not to wear ccp?

Comment

• MikeN
                          • Nov 2007

Definitely a step backwards, especially after the amazing F/W '09 collection.

Comment

• Magician
                            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by MikeNouveau View Post
                            Definitely a step backwards, especially after the amazing F/W '09 collection.
                            Well it's certainly not a step forward, but I can't imagine it's doing any damage either.

Cue the usual noise about s/s being nonsense and "only one real season."
                            Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

Comment

• Spencer
                              • Feb 2007

But there's only one real season.

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

even more mediocre photos: http://scoute.org/blog/?p=236

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎