X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pipcleo
    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    shut the fuck up, seriously. you know what you say is bullshit.
    and i was just about to post on the delightful doma

Comment

• beardown
      rekoner
      • Feb 2009

Ironically, the only Ann D. pieces I own are tops (no jackets) outside of footwear. I think they generally have a nice, flowy shape that look baggy but still with an impeccable fit which not very many designers seem to be able to master.
      May be the photos but I don't care much for that ochre color or the sheen on some of the materials.
      Originally posted by mizzar
      Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Chant
        Banned
        • Jun 2008

Didn't feel anything during the show. At all.

Comment

• Chant
          Banned
          • Jun 2008

But I felt very bad when I saw the sequins waistcoats and the rosa skin pink colour...

Last edited by Chant; 06-28-2009, 04:56 AM.

Comment

• Mail-Moth
            • Mar 2009

Looks like a nun's erotic fantasy to me
            I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
            I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• justine
              • Jan 2007

Stunning.
              Maybe my favorite summer collection since Helmut or Hedi.

Comment

• TarHeart
                • Jun 2009

What remains is future

I can see this collection dividing two types of Demeulemeester-fans.

Those who likes romantic Ann, with flower prints, sloppy hats and hanging fringes, and those who like Ann, with simplistic black and white contrast, sharp costumes and patent sneakers.

I think the patent sneakers is a little out of her world, but it works (at least on the catwalk). I love this collection, it's all I ever wanted Ann Demeulemeester to do. This is like the future version Ann Demeulemeester.

On the other hand, I can't help to feel this is a little bit of a sellout. As they mentioned on men.style, she has to sell. This sounds a bit patronizing, I know, but it is a business after all.

For me, it's the best thing recession has done so far. It brought me an excellent Demeulemeester collection.

Comment

• Macro
                  • Apr 2008

magnificent. Faust, I am too jealous that you go to my favorite lady's showroom. have fun and please report back! Does Anati still rep the line?
                  every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage

Comment

• laika
                    • Sep 2006

^yes, yes, very charming indeed.

I'm glad to hear the fabrics are nice, although I wouldn't expect otherwise. Normally I like paired-down presentations, but this basically seems like typical Ann, minus the layers and plus some questionable leather accessories. There is something very apt in the hedi/helmut comparison, yet it feels woefully dated here, as dbc implied. Especially having just looked over the beautiful retrospective in nomenus, i find this very flat and disappointing....and very un-Ann, if that makes sense.

***She herself looks great though, so happy and vibrant.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• mass
                      • Sep 2006

the shoes look nothing like patent to me, even in the original photos. they just look like they've been shined.

Comment

• diamonds
                        • Dec 2006

the boots and belts are awesomeeeee

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by diamonds View Post
                          bcz people dont have access to catwalking anymore
                          The images are terrible and do the collection no justice.
                          I can upload the catwalking images if wanted,as they are much much better.
                          merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                            • Oct 2006

this is actually a decent departure. i prefer this to the flower motif bullshit, and it's up there with the poetic oversized stuff she was doing before. this is more rockstar than anything, specifically the all black outfits. i'm not really an ann demulemeester fan, so i'll refrain from saying ann demeuleMEHmeester for this one since its pretty good.
                            Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Chant
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Mail-Moth
                              Les coupes sont plus dessinées, plus pures - mais il ne s'en dégage pas vraiment d'imaginaire, ce sont juste des vêtements. On n'a pas cette impression quand on regarde les photos des deux collections précédentes, qui racontent, qui charrient quelque chose.

Ou bien on est dans le séraphique ? De la même façon qu'elle avait mis des Walkyries sur le podium cet hiver, là ce sont des anges ? Le blanc, le rose chair, les sequins, cet espèce d'accessoire qui ressemble à la couronne d'épines du Christ détressée...

Si c'est ça, tout s'explique. C'est asphyxiant, le sublime. Ein jeder Engel ist schrecklich :mrgreen:
                              Mail-Moth, could you please translate your own words (you'll do it much better than me), since it's one of the most interesting comments I've read about this collection ?

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                                • Mar 2009

merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎