Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dontbecruel
    • Sep 2006

Come on Faust, I'm just teasing you about your volte-face on this collection. Don't take it too hard. Like you I secretly think my taste is the only true taste and it's fun to be smug when someone else comes round to my way of thinking.

Comment

• philip nod
      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by justine View Post
      i just wanted to say that sometimes it is fantastic to have something that is not strong, lacking in ideas or concepts, something that doesn't build an imaginaire.
      your whimsy certainly extends to many more collections and as a whole the LACK that grips this eager forum
      One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• philip nod
        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by new_dawn_fades
        i didnt get it P
        I'm sorry
        One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
          • Jan 2008

I don't know about this. As a whole it feels a bit empty and
          maybe even cold. Maybe it's more the presentation than the
          actual clothing taking apart. Here's to a glimmer of hope.

I have a hard time grasping this from my beloved Ann.

Thank you faust for the run down.
          Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
          Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• diamonds
            • Dec 2006

first thing i noticed was the presentation itself... on a white backdrop... back to basics style something something. i definitely appreciated the starkness of this collection. Honestly I've never been a HUGE HUGE Ann fan. Maybe a modest Ann fan. Aside from older collections this is probably one of my favourites. The suiting and jackets are simpler, more modern... more standard(?) with less twists and oddities, which I can sometimes appreciate but not always. some might see it as boring but I find it refreshing.

Maybe it's not the particular pieces I like but the styling. Maybe just the fact that it's just slightly different from what I'm used to seeing from her but still keeps her base aesthetic. i like how she layered leather tights underneath pants tucked into boots and oxfords... god i love that belt.

I also think it's funny how i often hear how everyone adores her shirts and this time she showed none. mindfuck

sorry

Comment

• galia
              • Jun 2009

To those who got to see the pieces in person: what's with the socks ? was that leather on the front of them ? I couldn't really tell from where I was

Comment

• TarHeart
                • Jun 2009

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
                I find both of these "types" you are trying to describe quite naive.
                Please explain naive and avoid being plain disagreeable.

My point was, I think this side of Ann is very different from what we saw from her fall 08. I think this collection is somehow an extension, an extended purifying of this upcoming fall collection. It's much less vivid and it's less romantic, it's still poetic, but more pure. I agree with terms mentioned, like empty, cold and minimal.

What is so naive with that? Please motivate what you think and don't just write it off like you have nothing else to say.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by galia View Post
                  To those who got to see the pieces in person: what's with the socks ? was that leather on the front of them ? I couldn't really tell from where I was
                  yes. there is also a version without the foot, i don't know what that's called in english.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by TarHeart View Post

My point was, I think this side of Ann is very different from what we saw from her fall 08. I think this collection is somehow an extension, an extended purifying of this upcoming fall collection. It's much less vivid and it's less romantic, it's still poetic, but more pure. I agree with terms mentioned, like empty, cold and minimal.

What is so naive with that? Please motivate what you think and don't just write it off like you have nothing else to say.
                    I think he was simply saying that there is a wide range of people who buy Ann's work, and that pigeonholing them is naive.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• galia
                      • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      yes. there is also a version without the foot, i don't know what that's called in english.
                      I can't wait to see that in person, I'm very intrigued. and it looks really cool

Comment

• Chant
                        Banned
                        • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        I think he was simply saying that there is a wide range of people who buy Ann's work, and that pigeonholing them is naive.
                        I don't think he was trying to pigeonhole the customers, but to propose a kind of typology of her different inspirations. Made rather sense for me. Even though the typology was a tad basic, but I wouldn't say naive. But it's the problem with every typology, it's an explanation, hence a simplification, but it shouldn't be simplistic (esprit de finesse vs esprit de géométrie).

Will ask again Mail-Moth to translate his words.
                        Last edited by Chant; 07-01-2009, 12:40 PM.

Comment

• christianef
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by laika View Post
                          ^yes, yes, very charming indeed.

I'm glad to hear the fabrics are nice, although I wouldn't expect otherwise. Normally I like paired-down presentations, but this basically seems like typical Ann, minus the layers and plus some questionable leather accessories. There is something very apt in the hedi/helmut comparison, yet it feels woefully dated here, as dbc implied. Especially having just looked over the beautiful retrospective in nomenus, i find this very flat and disappointing....and very un-Ann, if that makes sense.

***She herself looks great though, so happy and vibrant.

the clothes are starting to look like KVA and Ann is starting to look like donatella versace

i agree though having just viewed the retrospective this is very disappointing. there is lots of classic ann here but alot of it also seems very detached.

what was the music for the show?

the longs robes without shirts remind me of boxers and the head wear is simply just strange.

Comment

• galia
                            • Jun 2009

It was two songs. One was "pale blue eyes", I don't remember the other

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Chant View Post
                              Will ask again Mail-Moth to translate his words.
                              It is something like this :

There is more rigor in the cuts, and more purity - but i don't feel any imaginary in it, these just look like clothes. I didn't have this impression when looking at her precedent collections, which tell, convey something strong.

Or is it because we are facing seraphims ? Like we were facing Walkyries this winter, with her womens collection ? White, delicate flesh colors, sequins, and this strange accessory that strongly evokes Jesus Christ's crown of thorns, undone.

That may be the explanation : sublime leads to suffocation.
                              Ein jeder Engel ist schrecklich.
                              I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                              I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by TarHeart View Post
                                you were attempting to classify fans of her into some sort of categories which to me doesn't really make sense. everyone has their own justification for liking her work or any designer's for that matter.
                                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎