X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chant
    Banned
    • Jun 2008

Fuuma and I spent actually a very good time there, we didn't pay much attention to the awfull lookbook, and the PR let us choose whatever we wanted to try it on and take pictures. We checked first each and everything on the racks (the presentation was divide in two parts : "formal" and relax, since YY and Y's have now merged), and later on we put things together in different combinations to give a sujective overview of the collection.
    I liked very much the oversized blazer with the cyrillic Yohji, very nice fit, nice fabric and wonderfull shape, formal/unformal. The oversized drop crotch pants were nice too. All the garments are actually very comfortablen due to the fabric and the shapes, flowing naturally down the body.
    Shoes and boots were SZ approved as well.
    And the showroom is such a huge and beautifull place, really amazing.

It's hard to express, and maybe it's just a psychlogical side-effect, but I had the impression, even though nobody knows how much YY has been involved in this collection, that everything was perfectly and precisely done, that most of the clothes were original, but not in a flashy way, simply gently original, in a soothing way.
    Last edited by Chant; 10-01-2009, 07:02 AM.

Comment

• Avantster
      ¤¤¤
      • Sep 2006

I'll have to go with you next time, if there is one :-)

Yes, the oversized blazer fits you rather well. Footwear looks decent, too. Much of it is classic YYPH cuts but it's a collection that doesn't seem to tell a story and the garments don't seem to have the interesting subversive/playful details and that sense of humor we usually see in a YYPH collection. But the impression you mention hints at that feeling I get whenever I try on his clothes. It's that Wim Wenders moment, and it's nice to know that it hasn't been completely lost.
      let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• jcotteri
        • Jun 2008

Great photos Christian.. thanks
        WTB: This

Comment

• XenoX101
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Bring The Noise View Post
          the ultimate irony of "not giving a fuck" while forking over thousands of dollars for ill fitting clothes
          The ultimate paradox of being fashionable, you just divided by zero.

Originally posted by Christian View Post
          Pictures from the showroom, during the FW SS10. Forgot to post them before.
          Styling : Fuuma/Christian; photography : Fuuma.

Nice, you wear yohji better than the model. (this post deserves to be on second page)

Comment

• persuade
            • Oct 2009

yohji yamamoto

I have found recently this forum, I am happy to read in a place where people mind about quality, prices, honesty, things that are been considered very seldom.

I have had the honour of running over 20 years a shop as buyer and seller carrying brands as :
            Yohji, Comme, Issey, up to this year MMM, Carpe Diem, years ago, now also Maurizio Amadei, Paul Harden, Limi feu, Zero by Maria Cornejo, Cosmic Wonder light Source, Bless, Bernhard Willhelm
            Junya, also i do Adam Kimel in our man part .
            Since I am in the basque country, and as Cristobal Balenciaga was basque, for a romantic thing, we carry also Balenciaga over 6 years now.

Also I wish to mention that when I first started with this professional and emotional comercial story, int the shop we carried Sybilla.

Each decition we have made in our shop has been pleasure pain and over everything a lesson, after all those years we continue learning, that is the most exciting part of our story, that we can learn and comunicate our discoveries with others.

Yohji is expensive, in my shop we mind about prices, previosly to sell it we have bought it, also Issey is expensive, it is not the question about been young or not so young, all the lines we carry are in fact very expensive, the real question is if they have the value we pay for it, and make our choice, they do things that nobody else can do at no matter which price, we have the luck of been able to buy and sell master pieces, and surely they are not more expensive than some very stylefull clothes in the market.
            I wish my point is interesting in this foro

Comment

• jcotteri
              • Jun 2008

a warm welcome persuade
              WTB: This

Comment

• Marko
                • Jul 2009

I think I need a pair of yohji pants + suspenders in my life

Comment

• Servo2000
                  • Oct 2006

Christian looks good in Yohji. I could easily see wearing it one day - but I think it speaks to the issue someone brought up earlier of it being an 'older' brand. I couldn't imagine at all wearing it now (well, certainly not at its price point for one). I think the initial collection photos really speak to this point - even though it seems to be 'youthful' and its certainly on a young enough model the latter only seems to speak to how silly the former is. It looks much better on christian and would probably look better on anyone with some years.
                  WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• STEALTH
                    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Servo2000 View Post
                    Christian looks good in Yohji. I could easily see wearing it one day - but I think it speaks to the issue someone brought up earlier of it being an 'older' brand. I couldn't imagine at all wearing it now (well, certainly not at its price point for one). I think the initial collection photos really speak to this point - even though it seems to be 'youthful' and its certainly on a young enough model the latter only seems to speak to how silly the former is. It looks much better on christian and would probably look better on anyone with some years.

Yohji is a Label that definitely needs to be mixed up / in with others

The days of me wearing it head to toe are long gone

Most I wear now is one of the Borsalino collabs.

Let us let the eighties die shall we ?
                    https://www.facebook.com/Marc.Stealth.Kaos

Comment

• Fade to Black
                      • Sep 2008

did you pick up the Yohji Borsalino fedora from this winter?

nice shape, soft as a baby's bum, but alas too rich for my blood.
                      www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Fade to Black
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by new_dawn_fades
                        christian....stop buying rick.

that photo of you trying the jacket on is HOF.

fuck dick... buy YY. you look really good in this stuff..

yohji should use u as showroom model..
                        +1

rick is good and he's hot for the moment, but those Christian picks are a testament to the fact that Yohji is in a class all by himself far removed from the rat race.

in response to servo's post above, i think at this point it's more of the 'older' image associated with Yohji's clothes that creates this perception set in stone rather than the reality of the clothes themselves, if you ever get a chance to see and try a bunch of it on. For all his lines the clothes are quite democratic in their accessibility, and I think will suit anyone aged 18 and beyond to whom the clothes speak to and relate with them. They're clothes to match a certain restless and seeking, never satisfied and maybe a touch weary but still plowing on sensibility.

Issey on the other hand, every time I go into that store those clothes aren't made for anyone under 50 to be worn. His jackets are cut like Armani now.

to dismiss Yohji prematurely as 'ill fitting' proves the speaker has never walked in a Yohji jacket and trousers.
                        www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• STEALTH
                          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
                          did you pick up the Yohji Borsalino fedora from this winter?

nice shape, soft as a baby's bum, but alas too rich for my blood.
                          I got the S/S linen Borsalino

Wore it a fair bit and now it is pretty shapeless. Not too sure how to rectify it actually.

I bought the A/W wool version which i think was half the price so it may not be a collab.

I have an issue with wearing rabbit fur next to my skull U C
                          https://www.facebook.com/Marc.Stealth.Kaos

Comment

• maldoror
                            • Jun 2007

no?

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
                              +1

rick is good and he's hot for the moment, but those Christian picks are a testament to the fact that Yohji is in a class all by himself far removed from the rat race.

in response to servo's post above, i think at this point it's more of the 'older' image associated with Yohji's clothes that creates this perception set in stone rather than the reality of the clothes themselves, if you ever get a chance to see and try a bunch of it on. For all his lines the clothes are quite democratic in their accessibility, and I think will suit anyone aged 18 and beyond to whom the clothes speak to and relate with them. They're clothes to match a certain restless and seeking, never satisfied and maybe a touch weary but still plowing on sensibility.

Issey on the other hand, every time I go into that store those clothes aren't made for anyone under 50 to be worn. His jackets are cut like Armani now.

to dismiss Yohji prematurely as 'ill fitting' proves the speaker has never walked in a Yohji jacket and trousers.
                              Not judging by the recent news He's very much in the rat race.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by STEALTH View Post
                                I got the S/S linen Borsalino

Wore it a fair bit and now it is pretty shapeless. Not too sure how to rectify it actually.

I bought the A/W wool version which i think was half the price so it may not be a collab.

I have an issue with wearing rabbit fur next to my skull U C
                                I don't know if Tokyo has a Boraslino shop - I would imagine they do, but one in New York services their hats.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎