Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crouka
    • Jul 2007

about 20 years ago, when I was a school kid, I took a overnight train from athens heading for "yugoslavia".
    and happened to share a compartment with a korean guy who seemed to be around thirty.
    in spite of summer, the temperature began to drop rather low. then he proffered his blanket to me.
    although I appreciated his kindness, I felt too bad to make him chilled because of me, and had to decline with thanks. but he told me to use it and pretended to be alright and sleep.
    we didn't seem to have the choice of being wrapped up in the blanket together.
    so with thankfulness I slept in it. woke up around dawn and since I got to sleep enough in warmth, I returned it to him so that he could sleep well at least till thessaloniki where he was supposed to transfer for turkey.
    a summer memory I can tell in public.

Comment

• Yan
      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by crouka View Post
      about 20 years ago, when I was a school kid, I took a overnight train from athens heading for "yugoslavia".
      and happened to share a compartment with a korean guy who seemed to be around thirty.
      in spite of summer, the temperature began to drop rather low. then he proffered his blanket to me.
      although I appreciated his kindness, I felt too bad to make him chilled because of me, and had to decline with thanks. but he told me to use it and pretended to be alright and sleep.
      so with thankfulness I slept in it. woke up around dawn and since I got to sleep enough in warmth, I returned it to him so that he could sleep well at least till thessaloniki where he was supposed to transfer for turkey.

Thanks. I will post this next week.

Comment

• Yan
        • Mar 2008

Looking for Kind acts

Thank you so much for your contributions so far. If any of you can spare me a few moments to tell me of kind acts you have experienced or witnessed, I will be most grateful. I showcase them on my blog.

I was so humbled by a recent act of kindness from a man I had never met before and may never meet again. I was stunned, humbled and yet inspired. I thought I lived in a world where people are self centered and shallow. It reminded me of just how amazing we as people can be and so to my search for examples of kindness from anyone, anywhere. All the beautiful sentiments in the world weigh less than a single lovely action." --James Russel Lowell

Comment

• Yan
          • Mar 2008

Thanks Ironman

Ive posted your example of kind acts on my blog today. God bless.

I was so humbled by a recent act of kindness from a man I had never met before and may never meet again. I was stunned, humbled and yet inspired. I thought I lived in a world where people are self centered and shallow. It reminded me of just how amazing we as people can be and so to my search for examples of kindness from anyone, anywhere. All the beautiful sentiments in the world weigh less than a single lovely action." --James Russel Lowell

Comment

One very cold dark winter morning on my way to school, I was walking down the slope towards the bus stop, as i saw the bus come a couple minutes early, and so I ran up to the bus, knocked on the door, but the driver just ignored me and kept driving away. I kept knocking along the bus as it drove away from me and I saw people stand up in the bus and call for the driver to stop, but still he didn't. Next bus would leave in 30 minutes. I started cursing and screaming at that idiot. I felt humiliated. Then a lady in her younger thirtees pulled up in front of me and offered me a ride to the trainstation even though she was going the opposit way. That saved my day.

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

^ have seen the same thing happen, I guess bus drivers are the same all over

one that came to mind:

last winter, on a very cold night an elderly lady was walking slowly in a snow storm picking up bottles and cans. Over here, most bottles are recyclable for a refund so often people who are more or less indigent pick them up to get some money. the lady had a bag half full as she was going by a building. a young woman came out of the building at the same time, and upon seeing the lady, she told her to wait there for a minute. she rushed upstairs back to her apartment, and a couple of minutes later came out handing two full bags of bottles to the lady. She helped her carry them to the store behind the corner where they could be returned, and the lady wouldn't need to look for anymore in the snow storm that night.
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• nictan
                • Jul 2009

^ so true on the bus driver part. over here where i live, bus drivers too are pretty screwed. you do meet a nice one once in a while, but you get 10 bad ones for every nice one you meet.

Comment

• Yan
                  • Mar 2008

Thanks Heirloom

Thanks my friend. I have posted your example of kindness today

http://alittlekindness.blogspot .com

Please keep them coming. Its really great and humbling to see the fantastic contribution by my fellow SZ brothers.

Comment

• Yan
                    • Mar 2008

Thanks Mike L

Hey thanks Mike for another example of kindness. I think that one is one of my favourites and really shows how we as people can show our beautiful side. I've posted it.

Comment

• Yan
                      • Mar 2008

Thanks all. Any more examples of kindness? I have to say I have been a lot more successful on here than on Twitter collecting examples. Speaks well of you all. Thank you.

Comment

• Sombre
                        • Jan 2009

To juxtapose Heirloom's bus driver example, a few weeks ago I took the bus to work and promptly went to eat. About ten minutes into my meal, a coworker called me to tell me something urgent demanded my attention. I figured she was just teasing me for eating while on the job, so I ignored her. Five minutes later she came to me and told me she was serious. So I went downstairs to find the bus driver, who had found my wallet on the back seat of the bus and came to deliver it personally. He ended up being at least 15 minutes late, and probably penalized for it. I was very, very grateful.
                        An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                        I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• Yan
                          • Mar 2008

Thanks sombreresplendence

Originally posted by SombreResplendence View Post
                          To juxtapose Heirloom's bus driver example, a few weeks ago I took the bus to work and promptly went to eat. About ten minutes into my meal, a coworker called me to tell me something urgent demanded my attention. I figured she was just teasing me for eating while on the job, so I ignored her. Five minutes later she came to me and told me she was serious. So I went downstairs to find the bus driver, who had found my wallet on the back seat of the bus and came to deliver it personally. He ended up being at least 15 minutes late, and probably penalized for it. I was very, very grateful.
                          Thanks for this. Good to have a positive story about a bus driver. Have published your story today.

Comment

• Yan
                            • Mar 2008

Tears for Crouka

Originally posted by crouka View Post
                            Thought you might like to know that one of the readers of the blog was moved to tears by your post.

Comment

• Yan
                              • Mar 2008

wtf.

As a follow up from this thread I started last year I thought I would share this with you all.

My youngest daughter who is 6 and the most funny, amazing, beautiful little person you could ever wish to meet has been the subject of racist bullying by a girl in her class who she has known since she was 2. Her mother is/was a good friend of my wife and when she tried to speak to her about it, was told that quote...It was better that she gets used to this now as she will be receiving this abuse for the rest of her life..........

I was and still am speechless.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Not an example of kindness. Shit people make shit world. Times like these I'd like to believe that karma is a bitch.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎