X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • raddy
    • Oct 2008

Pretty cool. ^^
    Looking for CCP Rain in 50, IS/MA+ loose trousers (IS S/S10!!)

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

This is stunning. I miss the volume though, and I would imagine some others do too. It's as if someone told Yohji, "Mr., you are a bit old and out of sync, here is what you neeed to to." I really hope that wasn't the case and that Yohji decided to switch gears. Still, many trendmarks are still there - especially itirations of his pure white shirts.

That spiky garter is beyond sexy. I'd eat that woman alive, makeup and all.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
        • Sep 2006

i like the shirt dresses--the only place where the structured/puffy shoulders work, imo.

apart from those and the second top (same one that mona likes) i find
        this really depressing. the garters are cool in theory, and i could see them working if the clothes were elegant (as yohji's usually are), or quirky (as limi's usually are) but they actually manage to be trashy here.

this is so not yohji!! skinny shredded jeans with puff shouldered jackets? country calico? are things really so bad that he had to jump on the balmain bandwagon? god, i can't believe i wrote that.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• beardown
          rekoner
          • Feb 2009

If you were some kind of delivery person who made very early morning stops in a gated suburban development, this strikes me as what you'd see at about 7:30 am if you had to knock on any random door.

It's like a well-worn Ann Taylor nightgown meets an overnight facial treatment....just needs a cup of coffee in her hand.
          Originally posted by mizzar
          Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• delphine
            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            This is stunning. I miss the volume though, and I would imagine some others do too. It's as if someone told Yohji, "Mr., you are a bit old and out of sync, here is what you neeed to to." I really hope that wasn't the case and that Yohji decided to switch gears. Still, many trendmarks are still there - especially itirations of his pure white shirts.

That spiky garter is beyond sexy. I'd eat that woman alive, makeup and all.
            this pretty much reflects my sentiments (save the attraction to the woman with the garter).

some of the looks still seem pretty Yohji. Like the white shirt thing mentioned, and like this one. The fabric looks nice. I'd wear it, styled as is, hair as is, sans makeup.

[QUOTE=zamb;180913]

Comment

• zamb
              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by beardown View Post
              If you were some kind of delivery person who made very early morning stops in a gated suburban development, this strikes me as what you'd see at about 7:30 am if you had to knock on any random door.

It's like a well-worn Ann Taylor nightgown meets an overnight facial treatment....just needs a cup of coffee in her hand.
              Yes, but maybe its the overnight distress, the sudden decay of the Global economy that is at play here, the fact that one night we went to bed with everything OK and next morning we realized that eveything was rotting....... don't know what the reviews are or what was his inspiration, but I could read all of those things into this look,
              “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
              .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by laika View Post
                i like the shirt dresses--the only place where the structured/puffy shoulders work, imo.

apart from those and the second top (same one that mona likes) i find
                this really depressing. the garters are cool in theory, and i could see them working if the clothes were elegant (as yohji's usually are), or quirky (as limi's usually are) but they actually manage to be trashy here.

this is so not yohji!! skinny shredded jeans with puff shouldered jackets? country calico? are things really so bad that he had to jump on the balmain bandwagon? god, i can't believe i wrote that.

You know that very rarely we disagree, but I think this is his best collection in the last four or five seasons..........
                I remember years ago he did a collection as a celebration of brides, really beautiful, and every editor was saying that that season was his moment, I remember him saying........(paraphrasing here) "its not what you do when it's your moment thats important, it is what you do when its not your moment"
                This is Ricks moment, Decarnin's moment, Ackermann's moment.......
                what the master has done here is to say, "wanna push me aside?" not so fast, If i'm going to go down, i'm going down conquering your turf!
                I think its brilliant, brilliant because its really trendy and modern without loosing any of his signatures...........I can see it selling really well in the stores and at this point, thats all that seem to matter for many of these houses, and understandably so!!!!!!!!
                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Avantster
                  ¤¤¤
                  • Sep 2006

Maybe Yohji has a new woman.
                  let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Avantster View Post
                    Maybe Yohji has a new woman.

Laika, I thought you would have that reaction as a die-hard Yohji fan.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                      • Mar 2009

I love all of it, without restrictions - but with a great preference for that grey dress, the floral patterned ones and the pure white gowns.
                      I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                      I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by wire.artist
                        but lots of good pieces, and as usual he looks fucking stylish himself
                        i could be wrong but it seems as though he's wearing one of this season's pieces reversed...
                        www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Johnny
                          • Sep 2006

This is so flat, uninspired, lacking in flair and new ideas. I do like the shredded dressed in the pale colours (the black ones are a little too gothy to say the least), but that's about it. The shirts with the popped collars are probably the worst items. No, maybe it's the leather miniskirts, no, perhaps the dog-collar garters....etc. A shame really.

Comment

• missing123
                            • May 2009

ahhh love the longer pieces!
                            ________
                            easy vape
                            Last edited by missing123; 01-21-2011, 12:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎