Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Los Angeles Thread?

I had a phenomenal meal at Republique on S. LaBrea last week.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Hi, New Members here….

will be in LA next week...any suggestion for Architecture , Art and Food?

Thanks

Too many to list, but one for sure is the Tomy's Burger at the corner of Rampart and Beverly Blvd., located a little to the west of downtown LA. It is open 24hours.

Thanks … will try the burger :)

If you go back through the thread there are some good food recommendations, also, buy a copy of Los Angeles magazine- very thorough listings.

As for art, architecture- downtown has Frank Gehry's Music Hall (not much for tours, but this one is worth it), MOCA and the new Eli Broad Museum. Make an extra effort to see Rudolph Schindler's House at 835 N. Kings Rd., West Hollywood- a real gem that also hosts art exhibits. If you are so inclined. H. Lorenzo and Maxfield aren't too far away. Frank Lloyd Wright has the Hollyhock House and, if you are into the Arts and Crafts movement, The Gamble House in Pasadena is an amazing integration of architecture and furniture. The Malibu Getty Museum is a recreated Roman villa with appropriate art and the Getty Center in L.A. has had some incredible exhibitions- go online to see whats up now.

I just got back from a few days in LA, first time there. I'd definitely recommend the Broad and MOCA in that order. Right nextdoor is Otium restaurant, had a great dinner and cocktails there. Maxfield mens 'pop-up' (not sure how temporary it is) was pretty cool, some nice pieces by Harnden, Layer-0, Ziggy Chen. The new L'Eclaireur about a block away is almost entirely an interior design store, though they do have some Isaac Sellam leathers and a nice collection of CCP jackets and boots.

Quote Originally Posted by deadboy View Post
    I just got back from a few days in LA, first time there. I'd definitely recommend the Broad and MOCA in that order. Right nextdoor is Otium restaurant, had a great dinner and cocktails there. Maxfield mens 'pop-up' (not sure how temporary it is) was pretty cool, some nice pieces by Harnden, Layer-0, Ziggy Chen. The new L'Eclaireur about a block away is almost entirely an interior design store, though they do have some Isaac Sellam leathers and a nice collection of CCP jackets and boots.
    Oh, that finally opened? How is the interior?
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

It's nice, basically a converted two-floor house so there are some little rooms you can pop into that feel like their own little installations. I went on a weekday around noon, had to buzz to get in and was the only one there.

Thanks zen dog & deadboy

went to L'Eclaireur LA… insane..love it…
    Restoration Hardware and Hammer&Spear also nice for interior store…

Suggestions for a tailor on the west side? SM, Mar Vista, Venice, Culver City, Marina del Rey? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by PIERRELEGRAND View Post
    Suggestions for a tailor on the west side? SM, Mar Vista, Venice, Culver City, Marina del Rey? Thanks.
    Jose Tailor is good guy.

Anyone know a great tailor in LA need an update please pm me