Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • t-bone
    • Dec 2009

I'm most excited to finally be able to go back to L'Os a Moelle, which is still one of my favorite meals of all time. It's been a while and I've eaten a lot more great food since, interested to see if it holds up.

Comment

• Parable
      • Aug 2011

I ate at Le Bistrot Des Comperes last night and enjoyed it. It's right near St Paul metro. Good French food and reasonably priced.

L'As du Fallafel was also good for an inexpensive lunch, and vegetarian friendly. Bit of a queue though. I would recommend the tale away option.

I'll admit we also ate at Breakfast In America, which does a pretty solid burger for 9 euro. I needed one having spent 4 weeks in Italy.

As for coffee, I've been meaning to check out Cafeotheque, which gets a good wrap. I haven't been too impressed with anywhere else so far. I'll keep you posted.

For pastries I've been making it my duty to try as many places as I lay eyes on. I'm right now eating some otherworldly delight called a Kouignette from a store on Rivoli called Maison Larnicol. The salted butter Carmel one will change your life (and fuck up your wardrobe).

I'va also heard I need to try a Canele. Any advice on where to find the best?
      Last edited by Parable; 01-14-2012, 02:05 PM.

Comment

• galia
        • Jun 2009

BIA is good but can be crowded sometimes. Lizard Lounge does very decent american food as well, and is usually less crowded. there is also a bar downstairs, but I don't know how good it is, I've only been once and didn't stay long. the crowd was hipster when I went, but then it was an afterparty of some kind so I dunno. but the food is ok

Comment

• galia
          • Jun 2009

PS : Faust: for coffe, try Salon de cafés, apparently it's the best in Paris. for pastry, I would recommend Pain de Sucre. Both in le marais
          Last edited by galia; 01-14-2012, 05:39 PM.

Comment

• MikeN
            • Nov 2007

Looking forward to eating at Robert et Louise approx. 5 times during my 9 day stay!

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

now I know not to share a portion with you
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Thanks, everyone.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kucejoe
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by galia View Post
                  I would recommend Pain de Sucre.
                  Yeah, that place is good. And I'm staying like 2 blocks away this time .

There is also Jacques Genin in the Marais. Outside of the area, there is also Hugo & Victor and Carl Marletti which I quite enjoyed last time I was there.
                  Suspension Point Store (Online + Montreal, QC) / Tumblr / Instagram

Comment

• Ivans On High
                    Banned
                    • Oct 2008

I went to Cafotheque today. It's the best coffee I've had in Paris, but that's not saying much. Looks like I'll have to try Kookaboora.

Comment

• galia
                      • Jun 2009

yes that's the one I was recommending, Cafothèque and Salon de cafés are one and the same place

Comment

• Ivans On High
                        Banned
                        • Oct 2008

Any new spots to check out? Or lessons learned from last time in Paris?

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Don't order raw food.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Ivans On High
                            Banned
                            • Oct 2008

hahaha. I was sitting next to an Australian couple at a little bistro and they ordered the Steak Tartare, noting "It's the only thing on the menu I've heard of before..."

They did not look impressed when it landed on their table.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

After puking my guts out for two days last time, I'll stick to well cooked meals.

Also, my girlfriend has never had good fish in Paris. What's up with that? Where can we go for good fish? Is French cooking not seafood friendly, or has she simply had bad luck?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• birdytg
                                • Feb 2010

Obviously bad luck, how can you imagine French cooking is not seafood friendly? France is surrounded by seas.
                                In France, we're certainly not the best in the world for a LOT of things, but gastronomie...
                                The problem is that most of SZ members only want to go and stay in "Le Marais", certainly considering "Le Marais" as the only true Paris, which is totally wrong...Le Marais is only a little part of Paris, certainly an interesting district, but of evidence not for food!
                                Best food is everywhere but not in Le Marais!
                                http://www.mypixeldiary.com
                                http://www.birdytg.com
                                www.birdytg.blogspot.fr
                                http://www.facebook.com/birdy.tg
                                http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mypixeldiary

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎