Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Enzo
    • Apr 2015

Best place for Japanese food: Metro Pyramid or around Opera.
    Nice place for authentic chinese food: 13eme place de clichy

Chez Gladine in the 13eme is really good too. Offering french food for reasonable prices. At port clignacourt you have La Recyclerie a nice cozy place which is more urban modern and down to earth.

still looking for some really nice restos in the 20eme, any suggestions?
    almost anti-everything

Comment

• Enzo
      • Apr 2015

for everyone in paris: there is a kris van assche private sale till this sunday 26.4.15 - 10-18h - for address pm.
      almost anti-everything

Comment

• Extreme Mildness
        • Jan 2015

Going to be in Paris next week for two nights. I'd be quite interested in any special exhibitions going on at the moment, given that Paris is quite near for me, so I can do the permanent stuff later.

So far, I'm planning to go to the Grand Palais for the Jean-Paul Gaultier and Velazquez exhibits and the Musée Quai Branly. Any other recommendations?

Food wise, planning to try Le Servan and Martin for lunch, and Semilla and Au Passage for dinner. Comments on both dinner options appreciated, particularly Au Passage, since most of what I've read on it dates back to James Henry's time there.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Au Passage - overhyped, overpriced, mediocre food and the worst food poisoning of my life. Enjoy!
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Extreme Mildness
            • Jan 2015

Well, I think I may try something else then...

Has anyone tried Yard near Lachaise? Or Amarante in the 12ème?

Comment

• Extreme Mildness
              • Jan 2015

A few thoughts on the restaurants I ate at last week:

Amarante, 12ème: a rather new restaurant, run by chef Christophe Philippe. Very small and unassuming place with a focus on traditional bistro fare. Standard, but great execution. Minimal presentation, maximum taste. First time eating veal brain, which was deliciously creamy . Wine list is all natural, AFAIK. Service is done almost entirely by the dining room manager, who is extremely friendly and professional (best service I've had in my limited experience in Paris).

Open Friday-Tuesday, lunch and dinner. Reservation recommended for dinner, a few days in advance should be fine.

Le Servan, 11ème: an airy, modern looking bistro, run by two sisters. Came here for lunch, went with the menu (25€), which included an entrée, main course and a dessert. Also had a side dish ("zakouski"), some kind of beef filled dumpling with coriander, which was delicious. The main dish was forgettable, a slightly dry duck, but the dessert, a surprisingly light tarte au chocolat, was fantastic. Wine list here is also natural (I'm not enough of an expert to comment on the quality of the selection though).

Open Monday-Friday, lunch (except Monday) and dinner. Lunch was fine without a reservation.

Clover, 7ème: another small restaurant, serving more modern French cuisine, by Jean-François Piège. Also came here for a late lunch. They offer two menus, one at 30€, the other at 42€, with the latter including an additional two entrées, and another choice for the main dish. I went with the smaller option, and thoroughly enjoyed all three courses. The main course was chicken, with a light yellow sauce, slightly sweet and very juicy.

Open Tuesday-Saturday, lunch and dinner. We reserved the evening before for lunch, which wasn't really necessary at 2pm. If you plan to go earlier, however, it may be more difficult, as the dining room was full as we were seated.

Comment

• Rootlesstrees
                • Jan 2012

Can anyone recommend some good places to go out for drinks/clubs/bars . whatever. I'll be in Paris from Sunday-Wednedsy, I realize those normally aren't good nights to go out anywhere so any suggestions would help.

I've been to a few places before la baron, montana's and silencio, but that was a few years ago, any spots busy on the days I'm there?

Thanks a lot

Comment

• tong1801
                  • Oct 2012

What are some good places to visit on a Sunday in Paris? Any museum or shopping places that I can visit on a Sunday?

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

A StyleZeitgeist Block Party!

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• david s
                      • Jul 2010

excellent exhibit

Beauté Congo
                      Cartier Fondation
                      261 Boulevard Raspail
                      through the 15 nov
                      Hands down one of the best shows I've seen this year, be prepared for a wait ... went twice, half hour to get in each time

The range of artists and work is truly impressive
                      It's absolutely Hedious!
                      shy poser

Comment

• Jtothewhat
                        • Oct 2014

I'll be travelling to Paris (and Antwerp) next month for my honeymoon..or at least that's the plan, recent events have been a bit disconcerting for us..

Although I have traveled a fair amount it's actually my first time in the city, I have looked quite a bit through older posts on SZ and other forums and have got a ton of helpful info..but was wondering on if anyone had any tips for shops to check out in in Paris (or either city)that might have archive pieces or maybe some harder to find used items ? There are a couple of pieces I feel like I will eternally be on the hunt for but would love to try my luck while in these cities and haven't been able to find much information. Any help would be much appreciated!
                        Last edited by Jtothewhat; 11-18-2015, 03:57 AM.

Comment

• galia
                          • Jun 2009

Try Alternatives

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Jtothewhat View Post
                            I'll be travelling to Paris (and Antwerp) next month for my honeymoon..or at least that's the plan, recent events have been a bit disconcerting for us..

Although I have traveled a fair amount it's actually my first time in the city, I have looked quite a bit through older posts on SZ and other forums and have got a ton of helpful info..but was wondering on if anyone had any tips for shops to check out in in Paris (or either city)that might have archive pieces or maybe some harder to find used items ? There are a couple of pieces I feel like I will eternally be on the hunt for but would love to try my luck while in these cities and haven't been able to find much information. Any help would be much appreciated!
                            The best thing you can do for Paris is not to be afraid to go there and enjoy your time. You can't let these fuckers scare you - that's what they want.

I don't know any resale shops in Paris, but there are plenty in Antwerp. There is enough info on Antwerp if you search the respective thread.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ronin
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2009

Alternatives rue du Roi de Sicile is indeed the best suited store to your request (call them beforehand, on some days they receive by appointment only).
                              Surprisingly, I've found some of my favourite archive garnments in more traditional consignment stores, namely the gigantic, tradi-bourgeois Réciproque in the XVIth district, which always carries some old Yohji & Comme on the basement level, and sometimes has a few nice Ann and Dries pieces amongst the racks of plastic-covered Chanel suits and nausea-inducing rallye ball dresses. Don't bother going there for men's clothes though, or for lesser-known labels.

Comment

• PurpleJesuss
                                • May 2014

There is Plus Que Parfait in the 4th if you are a looking for a menswear consignment store. I've stumbled upon some vintage comme, lanvin, damir, junya....

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎