Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nictan
    • Jul 2009

yup. found out about airbnb and have already contacted a couple that I'm interested in. currently looking at the marais area as well.

thanks all for the suggestions :)

p.s. young would be good.

Comment

• SeptSeptSept
      • Aug 2010

XXème arrondissement is quiet nice to stay. i live here for a bit more than a year now. affordable rent ( well.. based on paris prices ), close to most of the big shopping places ( 10 min velib - bus - subway from le marais for exemple ) . plus, there is a bunch of places where you can eat and get drunk for cheap..

Comment

• nictan
        • Jul 2009

should be staying in area between 10th and 3rd. found one i reallyyyyy like. :) will be there mid to late jan for 2 weeks.

Comment

• MikeN
          • Nov 2007

As usual, our apartment fell through. Looking for a 2-bedroom (minimum) in le marais or 2eme if anyone knows of anything.

Comment

• christianef
            • Feb 2009

+1 for airbnb and the marais most chill area to stay for sure start your day with a juicy l'As du fallafel and you're good. theres a consignment shop called alternatives on rue du Roi de Sicile in the area that can be worth a quick peek like any consignment a bit hit or miss but generally lots of yohji ann etc

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

who has falafel for breakfast?
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• christianef
                • Feb 2009

aha well i get the shawarma, fallafels are gross, and if im paris probably wont be rolling out of bed on time for a regular breakfast anytime soon so it works out good.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Please hit me up with some recommendations (preferably in the Marais and near) for:

Restaurants: - good, honest French food - nothing too fancy and not too expensive.
                  Restaurants: - vegetarian, vegetarian friendly (So far loved Bob's Kitchens, not crazy about Soy Cantine)
                  Restaurants: Good, inexpensive lunch. (Breizh is a stalwart)
                  Shops: Food
                  Shops: Coffee (by the way, Kookabuura in Monmartre is best coffee I've ever had)
                  Shops: Pastry
                  Shops: Chocolate
                  Bars: casual and friendly, not too loud
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• fashiondisaster
                    • May 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    Please hit me up with some recommendations (preferably in the Marais and near) for:

Restaurants: - good, honest French food - nothing too fancy and not too expensive.
                    In not in Marais..but near : http://www.maisonperet.com/

Very good, very French ( also not frozen food,and not micorwave)..25/30 euros x person...
                    SEEKING SELECTIVE REASERCH

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Thank you. No other replies - I think Parisians hate their own city.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BBYY
                        • Mar 2008

We can't afford to eat.

(except kebabs ofc)
                        Last edited by BBYY; 03-06-2012, 04:41 PM.
                        Paris Proxy Service

Comment

• hommedeguerre
                          • Jun 2009

My Paris (I'm boring, and I haven't lived there since 2005:

I love lunch at about 4 different places in La Marchee Des Enfant Rouge

As Mike said, La Perle is always good to start. When I lived in the 13eme, I used to go to this small bar called La Folies en Tete. Nothing amazing...but no one spoke english, including the staff, and I liked that.

I hate Bastille.

The best Baguette I could find was on Rue Wurtz in the 13eme at Laurent Ducheme...I think. On that note...NEVER buy bread at Monoprix or Franprix...even though it's centimes on the Euro...GARBAGE.

Best mainsteam theater is the MK2 at BNF...all of the seats are loveseats, which is ace if you've got a hot date.

Museums...I stay away from most...but I love the Jeu de Pomme near Tuilleries.

Touristy shit: The ONLY things I really like to do is got to Ste Chapelle EVERY time I'm in town. The upper chapel blows me away. Buttes Chaumont is vraiment incroyable. And I always take the Abbessess metro strop and skip the lift, and take the endless spiral staircase to the exit. I like to see the Corbusier Pavillions at Cite Universitaire, or if you've the time take the train to Poissy and see the REAL corbusier oeuvre.

Shopping: Duh.

Walking about: Sadly, I'm forced to stay on the busier streets, due to the nature of my profession...so our opinions may vary.

On warm nights, however, I like a bottle of wine on the point of the Ile Vache, or sitting on the stairs of BnF.
                          Le 21ème

Comment

• fashiondisaster
                            • May 2011

For Chocolate : 14eme "ARTISAN BOULANGER PATISSIER" , 13 RUE DAGUERRE.
                            SEEKING SELECTIVE REASERCH

Comment

• hommedeguerre
                              • Jun 2009

On a side note: I'll be in Paris from 28-Feb --> 7 March, if any SZ'ers want to meet up. I'd love to take some photos for 21Arrondissement.com
                              Le 21ème

Comment

• david s
                                • Jul 2010

paris chocolate
                                friends of ours brought some stuff over from Sadaharu Aoki, 35 Rue de Vaugirard, in the 6th

don't know price point, but some of the best chocolate I've had in a long time, beautiful presentation as well

restaurant
                                les enfants perdu, 9 Rue des Récollets, I would place them a little above moderate, dinner for two (apps & entrees + one drink each) came to about €85, but good french food... a little innovative

Good place in the 20th I will post if I can find the name, probably more in line with what you are looking for and not as expensive
                                It's absolutely Hedious!
                                shy poser

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎