Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • move_ment
    • Feb 2009

this honestly goes that step too far. fw09 to me, had an underlying vision that came across as calculated and intentional. for some reason here I feel a real dishonesty. the cloak hair, the insanely tall boots. the concept has been taken too literally and too far. so i'll say as a runway show that represents the julius brand it's a let down. I do however look forward to the individual product shots.

Comment

• Sergei_S
      • Jan 2008

Thanks Lowrey and Hairloom. Less wearable than usual Julius, but still interesting. I need to see detailed pics of the shoes. What I really don't like is the banana baggy pants ((
      I got weapons

Comment

• metin
        • Dec 2008

Not nearly as crazy about this as I was about Fall '09 (I do love my loose knit double-zip cardigan), but the asymmetric cowl neck leather + loose skirt combo definitely knocks it out of the park. Perhaps not as cohesive and laserbeam-focused as last fall, but you can't deny that there are plenty of super wearable pieces once you start breaking things down. Personally, I kind of raged at the look with the three tanks layered all askew, but that's just because I don't like forced styling like that too much. Still. Do want skirt.

Comment

• galia
          • Jun 2009

I didn't dislike it at all, but I found some elements derivative
          so I guess
          but I'm sure most of the actual pieces will be really cool

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by croatoan View Post
            In the case of Julius, I greatly always appreciate what most would call overstyling. I am sick of sorry excuses for runway shows where the extent of the styling is a necklace or a tank top poking out from underneath a t-shirt. The imagination is lost and I think the fine tuning of Julius runway shows is a return to the artistry.
            I could not agree more, and that is exactly what I said when Marc asked me what I think about runway shows in general. I think runway is spectacle - that what it's here for. Yes, the final product are clothes, but fashion is not merely clothes.

This show was congruent with its theme - I did not see a disconnect with that at all. The only disconnect I saw is that it did not look very Fall/Winter to me. Many garments were rather light and some styling pointed more to F/W. Lupin, I liked the skinny leather cargos as well - excellent balance of slimness offset by the big pockets.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Mikael
              • Feb 2009

Julius might have done "too much" but in the end, I find this collection weaker than last FW, even less aggressive whereas the athmosphere seemed darker on FW 10/11 (I can judge only with photo for FW 09/10 I did not attend).

I was less impressed by the leather jacket also.

The two pieces that I found interesting were the wide wrist gloves and the high boots with very high tops when they are worn pleated on themselves so it looks like medieval boots. They might be a bit too high and a bit too wide too fast after the ankle. However I do not know well the old collections of Julius so I cannot say if this is very new or not.
              -- Mikael

Comment

• marck
                • Dec 2008

I notice anything i do not enjoy at a first glance grows on me. After looking at it again, i really like what has been shown here. The slimmer shape of a few of the boots go so much better with their trousers. I feel if you pick and combine correctly it is a lot more wearable than SS10.

Comment

• jcotteri
                  • Jun 2008

I think you are all smoking funny stuff if you say this is any more "overstyled" than any of his other presentations in Paris..
                  WTB: This

Comment

• XenoX101
                    • Dec 2008

I have to quote a post from The Fashion Spot that was made regarding this collection..

How many times can the world come to an end?
                    Humorous, but I concur, Julius do seem to be beating the same drum once again, to me this is less so a new collection than it is a reiteration of fall 2009. This isn't necesserally a bad thing, though personally I look for something new/fresh with every season and well this doesn't fulfil that criteria for me.

Comment

• Chant
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      I think runway is spectacle - that what it's here for. Yes, the final product are clothes, but fashion is not merely clothes.
                      I do agree, and they made the show for sure. It's always a pleasure with Julius.
                      But we should also make a clear distinction between the show and the clothes, and I'd say that they're not meant to show the clothes, and I think it's true for almost all the shows. So we should maybe not judge them from it.

XenoX101 : boots, for example, are new.

Comment

• interest1
                        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Christian View Post
                        Nice Julius show,but not very surprising : loud industrial music+half naked madmax outfits running fast along the catwalk like post-nuclear robots... in high oversized sewer boots.
                        You say 'half-naked' like it's a bad thing.. LOL

Christian: By saying that you're not surprised with the show, what were you hoping to see on a Julius runway? I wouldn't look to Horikawa for surprise any more than I would to Demeulemeester. That post-nuclear sewer heathen you describe is essentially the line's mascot. It's that lack of deviation from their central vision that I respect most about a designer. But maybe I'm misinterpreting your comment. Not sure.

Regarding some of the styling criticisms I'm reading: remember that the runway show isn't there to serve as a how-to manual. Put the shit together how you want to, but be smart enough to judge the parts, not the sum. A show should be taken as theater, otherwise it's merely a presentation. You'll get your presentation at the retailer. This is where our judgments should matter.
                        Last edited by interest1; 01-24-2010, 12:20 AM.
                        sain't

Comment

• Chant
                          Banned
                          • Jun 2008

/\ We got what we were expecting, nothing more but nothing less, and reverse - like what we're expecting from Ann on Saturday. Didn't mean to say anything else.
                          Sometimes, like with RO FW 09, without any deviation of the inspiration, something quite new happens. It's nice as well.

Comment

• DRRRK
                            • Aug 2009

I have looked at the pictures for quite some time now since I got up this morning and I'm still left with mixed emotions. I agree with Christian, that this collection is nothing more and nothing less than the ones before. After the recent interview and my still growing love for FW09 I just expected it to be different, RO FW09 is a good example. I had something in mind when I heard about the title goth_ik but it does not quite live up to that. Overall I am not really disappointed because I like the presentation and still hope to like more of the clothes when I see the item pics. What I like now are just variations of what I already own.

Comment

• rider
                              eyes of the world
                              • Jun 2009

not being that familiar with julius and fairly new to mens designers, this is purely from an emotional viewpoint. Now thats what a runway show should be...looks like an very heady experience and cool as hell. gosh, the clothes and boots are so rich...immediately noticed the slim coat, the scarves tied at the waist and the over the knee boots (the line is getting finer between mens and womens fashion)

its a brave new world. cant wait to see some of you guys wearing this.

Comment

• yffet
                                • Aug 2009

Really like what i'm seeing in the pictures.

I'm not that disappointed about the fact that it looks like Fw 2009 this is how julius is and i dont want them to change.

Really interested in the red leather jacket i missed the previous one , cant wait to see it.
                                Well, Karl is a fan of Carol. Not sure about the other way around though...(Faust)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎