• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eternal
    • Mar 2007

Rick Owens Men's FW2010 Paris

catwalking.com
    Last edited by Eternal; 01-22-2010, 09:35 AM.
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

Alot of it is really nice as usual, but no one can get me near some of these boots............
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Apr 2009

Ahhh whats with the shoes
      Originally posted by dji
      don't hesitate, just buy.

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

good show as usual, couple of wtf pieces (golden womens top + too much snakeskin), but overall pretty nice. good colour palette, and I loved the more wrapped blanket esque pieces.

Eternal, could you remove the other incomplete set? thread is a bit heavy right now
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• merkuri
          • Sep 2009

am excited as hell about much of the more formalwear and the move toward "suiting" as rick's stuff is about as close as I am going to get to a suit. A bit surprised by the paucity of leather as I suppose that's what I expect from him, but maybe no more. the times they are a changin'.

Comment

• yffet
            • Aug 2009

Where are all the leathers?

Well this is not what i was expecting from Rick.

Very long coat everywhere.
            Well, Karl is a fan of Carol. Not sure about the other way around though...(Faust)

Comment

• kbi
              • Feb 2009

I find it rather dull. IMO boring jackets, bad constructed leathers, obviously he's trying it on with the tailored pieces (not too bad) but all that snakeskin and wrapping pieces somehow get rid of the grungy feeling you normally get with his shows. I must say the pants and tops look really good though

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                • Nov 2007

i have to admit this is a beautiful collection and i appreciate that rick is continually evolving his style and silhouettes but at the same time i can't see myself wearing a single one of these pieces where after the last fw show i wanted everything. this leaves me curious to see what was not featured on the runway (leather!!!) as the cuts and craftsmanship look really nice.
                LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• ahlefeldt
                  • May 2008

These two guys creeps me out.
                  There's some of the jackets i find a bit too feminine, might be me. The more masculine jackets er rad, so are the pants
                  I guess my favorite look is this:

Comment

• ronin
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2009

Those snake boots make me want to drill a hole in my head. I think they look coherent in a couple outfits, colour wise, but they ruin most of the silhouettes for me.

I don't like how some very thick looking coats look too tight the way they are belted at the waist , it feels like the models have trouble walking and even breathing, like a three-year-old in a ski outfit. I generally appreciate clothing wich restrains the body, but this is not visually appealing to me. At least in static. They're interesting because they emancipate slightly the silhouette from that of the natural body, but something strikes me as unpleasant.
                    A few long coats make me want to drill another hole in my head for nevery being able to afford them. I like the asymetric collars a lot, as well as the shawl lapel white coat on page 1. It's simple, but I like the movement.

I find the first picture in the thread gorgeous. Great contrast, it makes me think of a cocoon of purity slowly cracking open on something infinetly deep. Especially with the model, who looks like a child, with white skin and hair and black eyes, a hawk-eyed innocent face. I'm not usually interested in models but it's the first time I see one so much tuned with the outfit he is showing.

Comment

• cjbreed
                      • Feb 2009

it does appear to be a next step with regard to the silhouette. and to me the materials look great. very luxurious.

i have a hard time with cropped trousers so that's bad luck for me i guess. i'll also have to pass on the tops with the dangly crotch hang down thingy that i think was featured in previous women's collections. taking the bib to the next level...

but to me the materials and craftsmanship appear to be far superior to SS10 thankfully. i quite like the tailored pieces and the color palette, as mentioned by others previously.
                      dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Fade to Black
                        • Sep 2008

I'm glad he's moving on from leather overload. What grabbed me the most here was the jackets with lapels on them, I'm highly interested in getting an up close feel for those and how they would work out in person and especially perhaps removed from the context of the proposed total look. The shoulder silhouette is visually striking from these pictures alone.
                        www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
                          • Jan 2007

Parts of this are nice, other parts are atrocious. I like the tailored stuff, though I'm not sure how good of an idea it is to have that lapel gimmick on every single jacket. I like the knit fabrics from what I can see.

Obviously the boots are atrocious. So is every single piece with fur. I was never a fan of the dick flap and he took it a bit too far this time. Also those tops that look like a raglan with the sleeves removed are stupid.

My favourite look is probably this (minus the boots):
                          Originally posted by jogu
                          i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• merkuri
                            • Sep 2009

i concur on the bottom look. looks very wearable and the fit on the jacket, for one, is spot on. I like the palette, but that's probably selfish as I think I have about 16 pieces in dust and drksdhw that will fit well with the new work.

Originally posted by ahlefeldt View Post

These two guys creeps me out.
                            There's some of the jackets i find a bit too feminine, might be me. The more masculine jackets er rad, so are the pants
                            I guess my favorite look is this:

Comment

• old
                              • Jul 2009

Eternal, thanks a lot for the photos
                              This is my first post here (Though I've been around for a while, but didn't dare to post)

I actually really like this collection.
                              Alhough the colour and texture of the boots does not necessarily bled into some of the looks well, the shape and height of it enhances the curves of the silhouette of some of the longer Jacket and adds a sense of elegance, which seems to work for me.

I also like the contruction of the soulders of the Jackets a lot, as well as the wrap around collar leather garments. The two-tone turtleneck is also really interesting, kind of creates a contrasting effect on the face.
                              Tradition ist Bewahrung des Feuers und nicht Anbetung der Asche.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎