X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Ann said that the theme was something she created in her head, a decadent duke chilling in his castle. the venue certainly fit, haha. will check it all out tomorrow and report back.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MikeN
      • Nov 2007

Favorite men's collection so far. I loved it so much, and was freaking out as I watched.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

One thing you guys cannot see about the pants are the long zippers that can make the leg wider/slimmer. Yes, I want.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

I could go on and on about why I never will like her, but that would be just rude. I really try to like it, I just don't.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Fuck off, then.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• TarHeart
              • Jun 2009

Heirloom, since it's not on my map how anyone could not, I would actually be interested in why you don't like it. Why would it be rude to express your point of view?

I think some negative critic here would balance this thread up. It's on its way to get boring, because everyone (including myself) are just in trance... I welcome all negative critic, I'm sure everyone know their opinions anyway.

And thank you Christian for the paparazzi-photos!

Haha, she seem like a lovely woman...

Comment

• thehouseofdis
                • Jan 2010

Thanks for posting the photos. More fantastic fabrics from Ann. Great pants and I want that black fur cape.

The hair styling is quite a change from previous seasons. Some of them remind me of Mapplethorpe's self portraits.
                THE HOUSE OF DIS
                embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

Originally posted by TarHeart View Post
                  Heirloom, since it's not on my map how anyone could not, I would actually be interested in why you don't like it. Why would it be rude to express your point of view?

I think some negative critic here would balance this thread up. It's on its way to get boring, because everyone (including myself) are just in trance... I welcome all negative critic, I'm sure everyone know their opinions anyway.

And thank you Christian for the paparazzi-photos!

Haha, she seem like a lovely woman...
                  since you asked for it. It's actually just nitpicking, and a matter of taste, but I just end up wanting to tweak it into a mix of julius and rick owens or take on more literal historic approach, and deconstruct ornamentics from those eras. Her approach with "abstract shapes, mixed with 'realistic' garments with traditional detail" I very well get, but i'm really not keen on the lapels and the buttons, rectangular belt buckles and chains around the waists, and all those traditional detailing, no matter how flowy and exciting the garments may be. it's stuff i'd like to erase. But then it wouldn't be her, so it's not really fair. I could see her get into lace collars and old lady flower stuff again, with a less edwardian feel, and more reneissance, if that makes sense. It's not her though, so it's not really valid criticism.
                  I do love the feathers, but it doesn't make me want it, cause they were arranged in a too costumey way. the circular and flared collar doesn't look very elegant. would've loved it if it followed the body more in strategic directions and flared out at the shoulders and the upper back or something.

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    Fuck off, then.
                    Faust, why did you have to bother answering, you know what his views are, so sometimes we ought to just let a man be. On another note, I could imagine you jumping up out of your seat and dancing with glee.......
                    I really think this is her best collection in years........and in a way, A kind of throwing down the gauntlet to many.
                    this is her time, the mood and aesthetic that is dominant in fashion now is hers, and she is showing us the best of it.

I LOVE this.......... would wear a lot of it, there is not a single look that I wouldn't wear............
                    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• interest1
                      • Nov 2008

Tiger, you weren't kidding today. Ann at her absolute queen-bee best.

This collection just blew everyone out of the Seine.

sain't

Comment

• Tiger
                        Banned
                        • Sep 2006

Comment

• beardown
                          rekoner
                          • Feb 2009

Wow.
                          Really struck by how powerful the presentation is and the overall impact of the line as a whole.

I love this outfit:

Timeless, beautiful, practical, mature without being stuffy or cliche.

I don't know.
                          I guess I reserve the right to be blown away by a few fall/winter presentations and this is one of those lines. This show very much defines why I'm drawn to clothing and fashion.
                          It's so easy to be cynical and critical at times when discussing clothing...it feels good to see something so well done and complete.

Ann always seems to tip her hat to the timeless, classic details of garments while injecting her own vision and taste.

As far as the fur/feathers...something very few of us would wear but one thing is for sure: She knows how to take an outfit and soften it up for presentation so it doesn't come across as too stark or dark or gothy.
                          Those softer nuances are what really draw me....subtle ribbons, tassels, luxurious material paired with very sturdy, traditional ones.

I think Ann walks a fine line at times between being too feminine, dandy or too classic but she always seems to define what she wants to say in the shows. As a result, her clothing lands right there comfortably in the middle. You can take pieces and soften them up even further or make them a little darker, or more masculine.

It's inspiring to have certain expectations for designers and then have them surpassed.
                          Originally posted by mizzar
                          Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Pinoy
                            • Dec 2006

can't really add more to what's already been said–– this collection is truly fantastic. the problem i have with Demeulemeester is that almost all the stores that carry her clothes have such boring buys and don't let the collection shine.. of course there are some exceptions but still..

Comment

• jcotteri
                              • Jun 2008

pulchritudinous

Ann creates such a curious and thought-provoking little world.
                              WTB: This

Comment

• mononon
                                • Sep 2009

ann at her best
                                calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎