X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • swami
    • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    No worries, it's just a sartorial equivalent of this.
    Agreed , More more!

Comment

• casem
      • Sep 2006

I love your posts, keep it up! These showroom reviews are often much more telling of how the collection is than the show itself.

Originally posted by Christian View Post

Disclaimer :
      I hope you guys don't mind seeing me on almost each and every pic, spamming shamelessly the forum. If anybody wonders why I do this, I'd say that :
      1°) I'm a narcissistic prick,
      2°) I can't tell anything about the clothes without trying them on and have a precise look at how they fit me.
      music

Comment

• Avantster
        ¤¤¤
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Christian View Post
        Found this on the trousers' rack, looked like some leather pads.
        Wow, that's some next level wearable dining table napkin.
        let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Catfood
          • Oct 2008

Thank you for the showroom pictures Christian. I'm disappointed that the cape tail isn't part of a knit, I'd imagine they'd look a bit stupid as soon as you take your jacket off.

Comment

• Servo2000
            • Oct 2006

Yeah, the showroom photos are definitely a highlight of the SZ threads!

As always, it's a great show and nice pieces but for me (as johnny said) remains fundamentally too Interview With a Vampire. I've never much enjoyed the particular strain of vintage that Ann plays with - I personally find the 'overdesigned' pieces more interesting because in a way the addition slightly more modern excess transforms them sufficiently that they don't strike me so much as 'unemployed poet' clothes. I think the khaki / earth colored garments also help to play this down somewhat - the all black + white outfits become too... costumey? I'm not sure that conveys what I feel I'll try to think of a better word.
            WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• ronin
              Banned
              • Dec 2009

Thanks for the pictures, Christian.
              I'm still big on this collection. I loved the pants on the runway and I love them in the pictures (even though the black piece on the back of the beige version looks unnecessary to my personal taste). I think it is this coordination of several details, all developped just in the right proportion, that gives them this romantic yet modern aesthetic, very dynamic, seriously I think I could look at pictures of those pants for hours.
              I'm a bit disappointed with leather pads, I thought they would be part of the coats. Worn in the front, they have this fun psycho butcher apron look.
              The boots look very nice, too, as well as most coats and jacket (not big on the dotted one, but would love to check the brown asymetric jacket in person). And I wonder wether someone will stock the feather collars, they look far less impressive hanging from the end of a rack.

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                • Nov 2006

Thanks for the pictures Christian, you look like a butcher or cobbler with that apron on. But I appreciate your interpretation, intentional or not. Was really wowed by the pants in the show as well, surprised by the zipper construction. I basically have the exact same thing, only done by Cloak for his last collection [ss07]. A rare show piece that only the flagship greene st. store picked up. Interesting, I'm sure there is some very direct military reference with the style.

Comment

• grapz
                  • Sep 2008

Question about showrooms. Do you need to be invited in order to take a peak inside? Or can you just show up and examine the pieces?

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by grapz View Post
                    Question about showrooms. Do you need to be invited in order to take a peak inside? Or can you just show up and examine the pieces?
                    You need to host Faust in Paris. In return you get hosted in showrooms.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mononon
                      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                      this is seriously amazing (not the photo above, but the entire collection, everything about it is great. this is why i love ann

who is that blonde model on the right? he's everywhere?
                      calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• tomatous
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2009

I really appreciate the showroom pictures Christian, thank you. This remains my favorite collection from fashion week. Who says you need to wear leather pads in the back ? :P

Comment

• fenrost
                          Banned
                          • Mar 2009

as much as i love this collection, those feathers outerwear are wack... maybe it's the next level of the feather necklaces.. i dont know..

love the colours of the shirts.. wish its my wardrobe.

Comment

• Macro
                            • Apr 2008

look at all that color! I wish buyers would invest in some Ann rainbows.

Super jealous of you, Christian, and your playground time in Ann's closet ;)
                            every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage

Comment

• mona13
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              I thought they looked fantastic on you and the way you styled them not overdesigned at all.
                              I agree, Christian. I can see what you mean about the pants looking a bit overdesigned on the rack - but on...they are perfection

Comment

• MikeN
                                • Nov 2007

What is the material and the pattern of this coat? The lapels almost looks like a distressed leather...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎