Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 135

Thread: Damir Doma Men's FW10 Paris

  1. #1

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Senior Member kofi3159's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Number (N)ine Island, Denmark
    Posts
    204

    Default

    Thx for posting..

    Nothing that stands out but decent in DD way

  4. #4

  5. #5

  6. #6

    Default

    Was never really a Domir Doma fan but the bathrobish coats, goemetric leopardy print, and bomber colored shearling has pushed me even further away. Dislike most of the sillhouettes but the lady in grey is pretty nice.

  7. #7

    Default

    prior to the show was undoubredly the craziest frenzy during fashion week, never have I seen so many people outside a venue. it was a fashion mob gone wild, people waving their invites, trying to roam their way in through the masses on the small courtyard.

    inside wasn't much different, the garage was packed to the last corner. but it was worth it, the show had a great atmosphere, the collection seemed nice and coherent. everything looked like Damir, but to me perhaps a bit more consistent than the previous season. straightforward colour palette, volumous cuts but a in my view executed better than ss.

    the previous collection wasn't at all wearable in my book, there literally wasn't anything that I would've really desired in the entire collection (not speaking of runway, but the full line). whether or not this applies to the new collection is hard to say as I haven't viewed it piece by piece, but I will probably get back to this soon. as a runway collection I liked this better, though.

    my photos: http://scoute.org/blog/?p=471

    lighting wasn't exactly on my side so some of the images are a bit dark. a few picks:















    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

    STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lowrey View Post
    prior to the show was undoubredly the craziest frenzy during fashion week, never have I seen so many people outside a venue. it was a fashion mob gone wild, people waving their invites, trying to roam their way in through the masses on the small courtyard.

    inside wasn't much different, the garage was packed to the last corner. but it was worth it, the show had a great atmosphere, the collection seemed nice and coherent. everything looked like Damir, but to me perhaps a bit more consistent than the previous season. straightforward colour palette, volumous cuts but a in my view executed better than ss.

    the previous collection wasn't at all wearable in my book, there literally wasn't anything that I would've really desired in the entire collection (not speaking of runway, but the full line). whether or not this applies to the new collection is hard to say as I haven't viewed it piece by piece, but I will probably get back to this soon. as a runway collection I liked this better, though.
    Are you referring to SS10 or FW09? Damir has risen among the ranks pretty fast it seems

  9. #9

    Default

    Eternal, I agree, though the "cool as shit" rule definitely applies here...
    How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

  10. #10

    Default

    im bored of doma , liked it alot early on but now im just like nahhhh , tho his popularity has grown fast as hell . hope it all doesnt burn out

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grapz View Post
    Are you referring to SS10 or FW09? Damir has risen among the ranks pretty fast it seems
    previous from this, meaning SS10. for me personally FW09 had a good amount of wearable pieces.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

    STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

  12. #12

    Default

    love it. thanks again for posting.

  13. #13

    Default

    wow. his best conceived collection by far IMO and the most wearable dd's stuff has ever looked. can we officially say taupe, creme and earth tones are the theme of the season?

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by merkuri View Post
    can we officially say taupe, creme and earth tones are the theme of the season?
    yes

  15. #15

    Default

    ^why so glum? :)

    can finally match something to the milk combat boots that have been sitting in a box in my closet.

  16. #16
    Senior Member TarHeart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Gavle, Sweden
    Posts
    252

    Default

    I think the first couple of looks are amazing, but I never really liked Doma. I think the idea of floating clothes are good, but his clothes are floating too much... It's too wide, too much curves, it's much too much for my taste.

  17. #17

    Default

    Is it just me or does half of this look like the sleepiest collection yet. I feel like they are wearing cinched duvets and should be carrying a pillow.
    #nevernotalmostshopping

  18. #18

    Default

    Not my aesthetic but I appreciate the textures on display, lots of the pieces look absolutely decadent. Kind of like the new sneakers and ankle boots as well but knowing his pricing makes me go "hhhhrrrrnnnngggghh"

  19. #19
    Heirloom
    Guest

    Default

    i lost interest. it didn't surprise me.

  20. #20

    Default

    there are a few pieces that I like, I really LOVE. LOVE the mood i am getting from the show itself, as for the clothes in general...........just not me,
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................


    Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •