Clear All
  • yy-pour-homme
    • Jan 2010

Yohji Yamamoto Mens FW10

Look.1

Look.2

• jcotteri
    • Jun 2008

You signed up just for this? Doesn't look like the impending death that everyone seems to be hinting at.. Looks good.. Anymore pics up your sleeve?
    WTB: This

Comment

• TarHeart
      • Jun 2009

Finally! This is kind of mysterious though. I echo jcotteri's reaction, where do you come from mysterious yy-pour-homme-poster...

And where is the rest of it? I demand someone with access to share the complete collection with the rest of SZ.

Comment

• mortalveneer
        • Jan 2008

really loving those waffle-soled boots...would like to see more than is shown of them though...
        I am not who you think I am

Comment

• ronin
          Banned
          • Dec 2009

I doubt the poster has any more photos, the article from which they are excerpted only features these two. Thanks for bringing them to our attention, though.
          Was it a mini collection? Were the photos specifically taken to be showcased in the press/on the internet ? The article is being extremely vague.

I like the two silhouettes. As often with Yohji menswear, even though there are specific details that I instrinsically don't like, it works perfectly together. Not too big on the second pair of shoes though.

Comment

• Avantster
            ¤¤¤
            • Sep 2006

Real shame that I didn't get to see the showroom this time. It appears there is a glimmer of hope for the line just yet. Need to see more.

Originally posted by ronin View Post
            As often with Yohji menswear, even though there are specific details that I instrinsically don't like, it works perfectly together.
            Wow. Intrinsically is a strong word. What don't you like about it, I'm curious.
            let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• ronin
              Banned
              • Dec 2009

Maybe the word is a bit too stong for what I mean. I mean that there are certain details that I don't find appealing in themselves. Like the fact the the shoulders on the coat are lowered in such a way that they shorten the arm, this makes me think of something oversized in a wrong way. Or the fringes on the first jacket, I usually hate them. But the way they are used, they make sense to me, aesthetically. It looks coherent, those details bring something to the garment here, while most of the time I saw them they would look like parasites to the aesthetic. I don't know if that makes more sense. It's not the first time I feel this with Yohji, his designs help me get rid of preconceptions.

Comment

• Avantster
                ¤¤¤
                • Sep 2006

I see what you mean now. Yohji also helps me to recontextualise specific elements that I would normally want to dissociate myself from, and imo does it very successfully - like the obi/cummerbund in AW 05, gaudy manga prints in AW 07, plaids in AW 08.
                let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• zamb
                  • Nov 2006

i would wear the first look exactly as it is.........
                  I really love the fabric in the Pants andthat jacket/shaul hybrid............
                  “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                  .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• chameleon
                    • Jun 2008

Originally posted by wire.artist
                    second look is pretty classic, and I'd buy the whole set if the quality it's still good.
                    +1 on this. I think the second look is stunning, I wouln't mind wearing all of that. Love the color and shape of that coat.

Comment

• yy-pour-homme
                      • Jan 2010

Wonderful !

YOHJI YAMAMOTO HOMME COLLECTION IN TOKYO
                      「YOHJI YAMAMOTO THE MEN 4.1 2010 TOKYO」
                      at Yoyogi,Tokyo

Comment

• mass
                        • Sep 2006

would grow a moustache just to rock the 2nd look

Comment

• chameleon
                          • Jun 2008

Originally posted by yy-pour-homme View Post
                          Wonderful !

YOHJI YAMAMOTO HOMME COLLECTION IN TOKYO
                          「YOHJI YAMAMOTO THE MEN 4.1 2010 TOKYO」
                          at Yoyogi,Tokyo
                          Details please.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by chameleon View Post
                            Details please.
                            From WWD

TOKYO—Yohji Yamamoto is returning to the runway to present his men’s collection and he’s doing it in on his home turf.

Yohji Yamamoto Inc. said Thursday it will stage a men’s fashion show here on April 1. A spokeswoman said it’s too early to disclose details since the designer is still working on the collection but the show won’t necessarily be specific to the fall-winter season.

The company has halted its men’s shows in Paris for the past two seasons in favor of showroom appointments. As reported, financially troubled Yohji Yamamoto Inc. filed for bankruptcy protection last year. Japanese private equity fund Integral Corp. subsequently took control of the house and is restructuring the business.

The Tokyo show is considered a one-off event for the moment, the spokeswoman said.

Yamamoto launched his first men’s collection in Paris in 1984, a few years after he decamped to the French capital to show his women’s wear creations. The company said this is the first time in 19 years that the designer, known for his avant-garde tailoring in his signature black, has presented a men's collection in his native Tokyo.

“I… have been [absent from the] Tokyo fashion shows for almost 20 years,” the designer said in a statement. “The men’s fashion is suffering in Japan, so I hope to light a fire.”

The show, which will take place at one of Tokyo’s historic Olympic stadiums, won’t coincide with the city’s official fashion calendar. Japan Fashion Week caps its four-day run on March 26.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• chameleon
                              • Jun 2008

^Thanks!

Now I just have to figure out how to get in on this.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎