Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Losing all my body hair... how to adapt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • quiet noise
    Banned
    • Dec 2008

Losing all my body hair... how to adapt?

Yeah, i guess the title says it all doesnt it? its 99% safe to say that i am suffering from a toxic allergic reaction to the substance minoxidil, wich technicaly means that my body sends more blood to the hair fociles, choking them. in 1.5-2 years im probably going to be entierly hairless.

Now, the purpose of this thread is not to ask for sympathy or pity, i just want some advice on how to adapt my style and esque to this symptom. Im 186cm/65kg (in other words, rather slim and tall caucasian)

i try to think positive. even though i love my hair above everything, i like to see it from the angle that even though this may close many doors, it certainly opens up the oportunity to truly develop an unique style and appearance.

So, how would you adapt to this situation? any accesoaries that you think could help add an edgy touch to it?
  • kbi
    • Feb 2009

well one thing I alway notice when seeing bold men with good style is a pair of well-chosen glasses. I think it's even the only way to pull off some really drastic frames.
    Last edited by kbi; 02-28-2010, 01:43 PM.

Comment

• baizilla
      • Sep 2006

Comment

• Pinoy
        • Dec 2006

^ you read my mind bai

Comment

• Sombre
          • Jan 2009

If you're only worrying about the aesthetics of the matter, I don't see much of a problem. Lots of men shave their heads, and at first glance you will just fit in with them. The only potential issue I really see is lack of eyebrows. The owner of Koenigsegg got himself two tattoos to replace his. Idk if you want to go that route. Like kbi said, (large-framed) glasses could help to hide that (if you want to).

The only practical advice I can give is: buy lots of hats for winter, because your head WILL get cold.

EDIT: or take baizilla's suggestion. Buy lots of Julius or similar Mad Max clothing and make "scary bald man" part of your persona.
          An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
          I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• kuugaia
            • Feb 2010

A bald friend of mine said that he avoided large scarves or high collar pieces because it eccentuates his head. But I've seen bald men with outfits eccentuating their head and still looking good. Maybe it's a confidence thing.

The tattoo eyebrow thing...you should thoroughly research. A female friend of mine had a very lacking amount of hair on her eyebrows and shape...she got tattoos done while on holiday. I can say that it was very awkward when she came back...

Comment

use your hairless body as a clean canvas. Decorate it anyway you want. Don't let it be something to close you in. You have so much more space to go nuts with clothes, colours, anything.

Comment

• Castor
                • Nov 2009

Be proud and fearless. Bald is a strong and sexy look. It is the opposite extreme of long, dark, flowing straight locks and can be just as beautiful. I don't think there are any rules. Wear what you like and welcome to your new world.
                Originally posted by DRRRK
                The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• swami
                  • Jul 2008

I think the power of bald—I’ve never analyzed this before, so I’m gonna borrow what my darling wife would say. I think she would say it’s the man saying, “You take me as you find me. ”I think that it may be, because it’s the opposite of disguise, isn’t it?

Ben Kingsley

Comment

• Oh weh mir
                    • Oct 2008

I can understand your concern, my father was made to address a similar question after undergoing chemotherapy. The situations are different, but there is a similar essence.

Your question is actually a very compelling one. We all craft an aesthetic around a somewhat definite idea of who we are, but it is unavoidable that our bodies will change. When you invest in an article of clothing, you're also making an investment in the current state and condition of your body. I rarely think about it when making what I like to believe is a calculated purchase, but when I see once beloved pieces appear in the classifieds because the seller can no longer wear them (for whatever reason) it's a little sobering. I guess that vanity can be painful, and service of self, whatever the capacity requires a high level of self awareness.

I don't know what you desire for yourself aesthetically. A friend of mine is native american and I think it would affect him greatly. If he were in your position I'm not sure how he would handle it, but I know if I were to ask him now he would have no idea how to answer. If I were you, I would wait until that time to address the issue, and enjoy what you have while you can. Much of style derives personality and evolves naturally, so perhaps change is unnecessary. I do like heirloom's 'tabula rasa' position on the matter, and if you are looking for a change, you may find a surprisingly new freedom.
                    Originally posted by AVALANCHE
                    is this an example of how not to wear ccp?

Comment

• Vanna
                      • May 2008

My heart breaks for you. I couldn't imagine losing my glorious hair. I don't think I'd ever recover.

But I echo the sentiment that bald can look very attractive, but usually, you have to have the right head shape. Symmetrical, free of noticeable bumps, etc.
                      Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• quiet noise
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2008

I do have a pretty sharp and symmetrical headshape and i think i look pretty good in really short hair (never tried bald).

what seriously makes me suicidal is the fact that this has totaly screwed up my skin. i already have more wrinkles than my mother and i can count 4 deep lines in my forehead thats very visible even in dim light.

I didnt want this to turn into my personal tear box, but i dont know what to say really. i know that i will have to learn to live with the fact that i will never be gorgeous again and that the opposite sex probably is gonna look away when they see me. im only 19 and my life is in many ways already over.

Whatever you do, just stay away from Rogaine. Please

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                          • Nov 2006

Comment

• curiouscharles
                            • Jan 2008

noise - how did you determine it was the minoxidil doing this? my hairline's started receding and i'm constantly thinking about using it to prevent the progression of what might possibly be mpb :/

regardless, i feel for you - i can't cope with the idea of losing my hair right now, i just really can't

-

Comment

• rider
                              eyes of the world
                              • Jun 2009

i think when life throws you a curve ball you have a choice to let it get the best of you or dig deep and find the silver lining (sorry for the cliche). dismay at first is understandable but you're talking to the choir (as an american women whose culture does ridiculous things to remove hair)...i guess each culture has its idiosyncratic quirks that act as rails to bind people. i have a very good friend who had a cleft palette as a child and went through many surgeries to get her just to breathe correctly, was in and out of hospitals and tormented by other kids often, she learned early the challenge of being beautiful is not always physical but resonates from her soul. 50 years going, i would put her on the top of my list as a stunner, conventional beauty is over-rated anyway.

i'm sure you will find a way to make this an integral part of your self image, seems like you already are on your way...you're 19, hate to say it but this most likely isnt the biggest hurdle that you will have.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎