Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Losing all my body hair... how to adapt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lisa
    • Feb 2010

Quiet Noise, i understand your fear of looking "old", or even unattractive for the opposite sex. But i think you're wrong.
    1) Most older men look good, surely with a sense for clothes.
    2) Due to the fact, you're still 19, you have a LOT of time to find your personal, perfect "gorgeous older man" style, so you are way ahead the other, lame, still-driving-bosses-lamborghini-and-trying-to-look-yound-douches, when you are (a welldressed hottie) 40 !
    3) Meanwhile, you probably won't score the stereotypic 19-year old Girl... but.. why would you even want to do that, when you can get the desperatly goodlooking, sophisticated 26year old, from the art-gallery with the nice sculptures!?
    ;)

A friend of mine has bone-cancer. He is 22 years old, has no hair since his 20th Birthday. He is about 1,90 or even 1,95cm, and -due the chemo- skinny and pale.
    when he walks into the room, i am always quiet shocked, what the chemo-treatment does to him... but when he says "hi" and smiles as always, his soul shines through his eyes, and I just see a beloved friend, and not a bold-headed "lord voldemort-double" as he calls himself.

I think "Heirloom" described it well. You are a plain canvas. Let your personality be your artist!

Comment

• Bubu
      • May 2008

Since you are Caucasian I think the bald look will work very well for you. Your sharp features and eyes will be accentuated. Also, you might want to consider some form of tattoo on your head. Head-gears, spectacles like some have mentioned, piercings etc. Go slightly crazy on the accessories.

On the other hand, you can go full speed on the minimalism.
      Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

Comment

• merkuri
        • Sep 2009

being bald is fine. makes getting ready in the morning quicker and most people have bad hair anyway/ it could be far worse. men with full heads of hair just have more estrogen anyway.

Comment

• H-R
          • May 2007

Originally posted by SombreResplendence View Post
          The only practical advice I can give is: buy lots of hats for winter, because your head WILL get cold.
          I'd also add that hats will serve another practical purpose to protect your scalp from unnecessary UV radiation

Comment

• smthy
            Banned
            • Dec 2009

to pull off the bald look, you need a bald friendly head, great profile, nice features and facial hair helps.

this is why you dont see too many jewish men that can pull off that look

Comment

• rider
              eyes of the world
              • Jun 2009

i should have known better than to get caught up in this thread.

Comment

• whitney
                • Dec 2009

losing all of your body hair is a bit more serious then people think. I'm sorry that that is what you're experiencing. I had temporary lost all body hair too and I had to wear glasses to protect my eyes as my eyelashes were falling out :/ I had to sport the eyeliner eyebrow look..I would look into surgical eyelash implants..if possible cos I think fake eyelash is ontop of your natural ones..and maybe eyebrows too.

body wise and head baldness, some girls are into that.. :)
                you stole my signature :insert mad face:

Comment

• smthy
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2009

in 1.5-2 years im probably going to be entierly hairless.
                  usually the toxic reaction is temporary

Comment

• Fuuma
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by quiet noise View Post
                    Yeah, i guess the title says it all doesnt it? its 99% safe to say that i am suffering from a toxic allergic reaction to the substance minoxidil, wich technicaly means that my body sends more blood to the hair fociles, choking them. in 1.5-2 years im probably going to be entierly hairless.

Now, the purpose of this thread is not to ask for sympathy or pity, i just want some advice on how to adapt my style and esque to this symptom. Im 186cm/65kg (in other words, rather slim and tall caucasian)

i try to think positive. even though i love my hair above everything, i like to see it from the angle that even though this may close many doors, it certainly opens up the oportunity to truly develop an unique style and appearance.

So, how would you adapt to this situation? any accesoaries that you think could help add an edgy touch to it?
                    Did you see (at least) one doctor? It might be neither permanent nor due to minoxidil...

The wrinkles you have and the bad skin accompanying it are also, in all probabilities, temporary. Assuming you were balding, hence the treatment, chances are the thing you will have to face is that your head doesn't have much hair on it and looks better totally shaved.

I dunno but this looks good on many people, you just have to see how you want to play it (scary bad man, monkish, black clad intellectual w. fancy glasses, etc). I can't directly relate as I will, in all likelihood, never be bald, having a full and entirely non-receding head of hair and no familial antecedents (peeps in my family keep their hair even in old age). Still it merely looks like there a new stylistic avenue open to you and that you've got plenty of interesting looking bald men to be inspired by, as far as style goes.
                    Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Fuuma
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by smthy View Post
                      to pull off the bald look, you need a bald friendly head, great profile, nice features and facial hair helps.

this is why you dont see too many jewish men that can pull off that look
                      Those nasty Jewish men and their inability to be bald and beautiful. I hear the shaved heads are why they weren't smiling in the camps.

What the fuck are you on!!?? You're talking about a pretty physically diverse group and I really don't see why the members of the tribe can't look good with shaved heads, like everything else it depends on the person, the way they present themselves and how they dress. I dunno why, in 2010, Jews are still one of the group about which I hear the most clichés, be they physical or cultural. In the end you should respect a little more the people that brought us the pastrami sandwiches. :)
                      Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• smthy
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2009

What the fuck are you on!!??
                        as of now?

Comment

• pierce
                          Banned
                          • Aug 2009

Doesn't bear replying to, just kick him/her off the forum.

Isn't there a model on Atelier who looks like he has no body hair. He even has a broken nose and he looks cool.
                          No matter what you look like if your a nice a person with confidence you'll be fine in life. I know loads of guys who are not good looking in away way shape or form, but they are such great people that everyone wants to be around them. And I know some good looking people who are so far up there own asses that they have no friends only other superficial good looking ones.
                          In fact good looking can be almost a curse, a friend of mine is absolutely beautiful, but when she enters a room everyone goes silent and people are afraid to talk to her. She is very shy because of it.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

This entire thread is f'd. Not to mention that the initial clinical/nonclinical diagnosis is dubious. Unless you should be written up as a case study, alpecia universalis is not something that happens permanently in any case aside from a (rare) autoimmune situation for which there are some measures that can be taken.

As for the shaven look, DHC wears it quite well.
                            www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• zamb
                              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                              This entire thread is f'd. Not to mention that the initial clinical/nonclinical diagnosis is dubious. Unless you should be written up as a case study, alpecia universalis is not something that happens permanently in any case aside from a (rare) autoimmune situation for which there are some measures that can be taken.

As for the shaven look, DHC wears it quite well.
                              tell them Doc, tell them................
                              “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                              .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• move_ment
                                • Feb 2009

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡