X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pierce
    Banned
    • Aug 2009

Comments remind me abit of when bob dylan picked up an electric guitar. Change is good and for Rick Owens its the right time.

Comment

• DRRRK
      • Aug 2009

Change is good, but this seems desperate. The result of a change should be at least equally as good as before, otherwise it wouldn't make any sense.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
        • Nov 2007

really good post merz

i still think the styling is the main culprit here and it's especially egregious in the first three looks. yet even these three outfits in all black would have been fine. what's missing is the meticulous focus - the head-to-toe "look" - that is characteristic of rick's shows. otherwise many of these pieces strike me as interesting, sexy, and pragmatic.
        LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• anatomicut
          • Jun 2009

thanks abstraccion for posting pics.
          just see it.
          and dissapointed...
          i,m looking for more former looking like mens collections...
          it,s something like gareth did over years....

Comment

• alice anise
            • Nov 2009

Couple from showroom

Comment

• jogu
              • Jun 2009

looks alot better w/out that catwoman makeup

Comment

I gotta say, i'm more let down by people not liking this. I was starting to get bored of ricks minimalism, and i'm happy to see more innovative construction ideas and the footwear is KILLER. It's just diving deeper into his universe. I totally love it!

As a whole, I feel the colours blend and break nicely with eachother. There is more spark with the metallic and the triangular shell sequin ideas, the silhouette from the hood is soo brooding and monumental. I'm forever his fan tbh. this is the more opulent and lush side of his esthaetic.

Comment

• Servo2000
                  • Oct 2006

I don't necessarily think it's such a step away from his past work either - I've mentioned it before but I've always sensed to a certain degree a bit of 'futurism' in that semi-retro sense. I typified it before as the way that some Rick stuff resembled the futures of movies like Aliens (or maybe mass said it I don't remember) and this strikes me as a bit of what the 'upper class' who demonstrates a little less taste and maybe has a little more fun wears in that universe.

Not too much wrong with getting a little bit 'too weird' on occasion.
                  WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                    • Nov 2006

Thought this gave some good insight and some much needed motion to the collection...

Rick Interview on AW10

Comment

• Venus in Furs
                      Banned
                      • Aug 2009

^ The detail shots are good, I can appreciate it a little more now, although I still don't really get most of it.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                        • May 2008

Some more insight:

Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• interest1
                          • Nov 2008

Alongside Ann, Rick's collection is the one I most eagerly anticipate. He will always have my respect & allegiance for never betraying his own aesthetic, and my go-to wardrobe will continue to revolve around innumerable pieces from collections old & new.

That said, seeing this collection makes me cry:

(and not in a good way)

The tights cheapen every look. I could barely focus on the clothes because of the visual competition. Rick, go back to naked legs! It keeps attention where it should be: on the clothes.

It's a sad day when people are saying that Rick now looks influenced by Gareth Pugh. It's the damn triangles. Gareth did that in Fall of '07 and put them on everything. I bought a coat from that collection–the runway opener–and started hating on those triangles almost tout-suite. I sold it to a friend to get it out of my sight. Suddenly I'm wrestling with deja-vu..

Rick's runway collection keeps taking 'crazy' to new heights. The cleaner, unceremonious (read: want-to-wear) pieces are always found in pre-collection, which thankfully arrives in stores before runway does. I've no doubt there will be plenty of lust-worthy offerings this Fall; what we're seeing here isn't the best representation of it perhaps.
                          Last edited by interest1; 03-11-2010, 11:39 AM.
                          sain't

Comment

• DRRRK
                            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                            Thanks for the link. The collection looks better in motion. Rick's words help to like it better than from just seeing the runway stills.

I have looked at the clip already yesterday and since then I cannot forget this "We need this clothes because we have to wear them"-crap.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎