• Show
Clear All
  • rocknrollnigger
    • Jan 2009

How am I supposed to talk my girlfriend into wearing rick after this one

Comment

• Mewtu
      • Dec 2008

not feeling it at all as a whole, but a lot of the fur pieces are dope.
      Originally Posted by ProfMonitoff: "Then my friend's cat crapped on it and the dry cleaner couldn't fix it "

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by droogist View Post
        I think he's boxed himself into some weird little corner. This looks like he was trying for something new whilst not wanting to stray too far from his signatures. The results are dubious at best. (And, what's the idea with this styling? That first look... )
        Yes, but the mens version was much more successful I thought. I suppose with mens, Rick's new thing is to try the tailoring his way, but what do you do with the womens, hmm...
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• TarHeart
          • Jun 2009

What happened to Rick Owens? I think this collection is horrible. I have always appreciated his work, although not being his biggest fan, but this...

How can he make such a bad collection? It makes no sense to me.

Comment

• droogist
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            Yes, but the mens version was much more successful I thought. I suppose with mens, Rick's new thing is to try the tailoring his way, but what do you do with the womens, hmm...
            I don't see why he couldn't have just applied the same method to the womenswear; it's not like all ideas pertaining to women's tailoring have been exhausted. Instead, he's folded up bolts of fabric and stuffed them down the fronts of skirts.

Comment

• pierce
              Banned
              • Aug 2009

He had to do something, just look at acne a/w 2010 or haider ackerman.
              While it take a while to adjust to, I think there are some serious pieces in there. I love the foot wear, especially the color of these below.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                • May 2008

I don't know - it's too bitsy and puffy and patchwork-y, I guess mess does describe it. Head to toe Rick should always be possible (me hoping to be living and walking proof of it), but here it's just all too much.
                Then again he can't have peaked with Crust, and I appreciate he is trying to move on. I just question if his customer is loyal enough to move on with him or if they wouldn't have preferred further perfection of what he has achieved so far. I know I do. And this does seem to straddle future and past (lots of echoes of earlier noughties), but I would have preferred present and future.

Then again, I am sure it will all look great in black
                Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Venus in Furs
                  Banned
                  • Aug 2009

yeh ... wow, this is a bit of a mess. I was expecting more from this collection, because I was really impressed by the mens. There's a few good pieces in there but it's gonna take some time to find them all. Not feeling the puffy sleeping bag coat things. I can see the Gareth influence, that alice mentioned, in some of the pieces..

... I did see a nice leather in there somewhere

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by droogist View Post
                    I don't see why he couldn't have just applied the same method to the womenswear; it's not like all ideas pertaining to women's tailoring have been exhausted. Instead, he's folded up bolts of fabric and stuffed them down the fronts of skirts.
                    True!
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• underground lover
                      • Feb 2010

I agree with what's been said, this is very disappointing. I can't see myself doing any of these looks. There are some good leather pieces in there but I could take or leave them. I got excited after I saw the men's collection, perhaps I should see how some of the smallest men's sizes work on me...
                      subvert normality.

Comment

• Venus in Furs
                        Banned
                        • Aug 2009

It's just all over the place, it lacks a coherency that was more evident in the men's collection. It seems like the tights have just been used to somehow link everything together.

Comment

• pierce
                          Banned
                          • Aug 2009

Looking at both Pugh and Rick Owens, they seem to have raised the bar on a technical level as well. Anyone can bang out a rick owens style leather these days, but below is going to be hard to emulate. Read something similar about Balenciaga a while back, that they are so advanced in their construction that "fast fashion" can't go there.

Comment

• Venus in Furs
                            Banned
                            • Aug 2009

^ who wants to wear that though, it looks like shit

Comment

• pierce
                              Banned
                              • Aug 2009

I wouldn't say it looks shit. I find it quite intriguing.

There some funny stuff going on, like the pattern in the tights gets continued on in the leather at the front of the shoe. I think if you got confronted by a woman wearing this in real life your jaw would be on the floor.

Comment

• almroth
                                • Jul 2008

so this was a shock.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡