X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Venus in Furs
    Banned
    • Aug 2009

I don't think that pattern is in the leather, I think the shoe has an open top, pretty sure that is the tights, could be wrong though

Comment

• pierce
      Banned
      • Aug 2009

no your right, its a brown strap at the front.

Comment

• creature atelier
        • Mar 2009

It was a little all over the place, I would attribute that to a slight bit of over styling. I like the feeling I get from this collection though, I felt a litte bit of Barbarella come Blade Runner a little tribal. It is sort of my personal mood of the moment so I enjoyed. There are many cohesive parts in comparison to the men's, once you strip off some of the layers you will see(thank GOD for showrooms) similarities.Was it my fav Rick collection, no, but there is still that Rick DNA ,it's just not all black. All in all it was still fierce and leathers were amazing , some updated shapes, and the yellow boots were a sick contrast I loved it! I think people are scared the black has gone... of course it hasn't he's just taking it to another level. He is going more techno than goth.

Comment

• pierce
          Banned
          • Aug 2009

I think this is the main culparate and its the first thing you see in the thread. Maybe the camera man just caught the model on a bad movement, but its really unflattering and as you say, over styled but at the same time not styled at all. Where was the quality control?

I also see some futuristic norman chain mail / armor going on with the pic above.

Comment

• underground lover
            • Feb 2010

Originally posted by pierce View Post
            I think this is the main culparate and its the first thing you see in the thread. Maybe the camera man just caught the model on a bad movement, but its really unflattering and as you say, over styled but at the same time not styled at all. Where was the quality control?

For me, this is a WTF. The gloves, belt, puffy tunic... its just wrong. But youre right Pierce, this was possibly the worst one to put at the start of the thread. Didn't really set the mood
            subvert normality.

Comment

• underground lover
              • Feb 2010

Of all the looks, I actually quite like this one, minus the open toe shoes. There's something retro about it that's reminiscent of the 60s for me (possibly the A-line and the patterned tights) while having a futuristic touch. I could imagine it in a science fiction film from that era.

subvert normality.

Comment

• nicelynice
                • Oct 2009

There seems to be no consistency at all in this collection, it's all over the place, and I really have no clue what he was going for here. It just seems like a "worst of Rick" collection, all the oddball pieces you find for deep discount or that end up in the WTF thread. I've never liked the metallic colors, and this really cements that.

What makes it worse is that the leathers are pretty decent, so it'll be more people buying those and basics while completely ignoring the rest of the collection.

This coat in particular is pretty bad, it looks like it was decorated with macaroni
                Originally posted by pierce View Post

Comment

• skelerope
                  • Jul 2009

I'm getting the idea and am appreciating single pieces but the styling is just wrong.

Comment

• Honey~Blade
                    • Sep 2006

Very disappointed.

It looks like Gareth designed Rick's collection ~ vice versa.

It's really bizarre in that it seems like both their collection seems to be inspired by the other guy.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                      • Nov 2007

LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• editevening
                        • Nov 2008

After looking this over again I think i'm more hatin on the stylin' than majority of the actual pieces.

The orange tire rims are a definite wtf though.
                        #nevernotalmostshopping

Comment

• Vanna
                          • May 2008

I see lots of sleeping bags. Rick in the Appalachians: 2056.
                          Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• merkuri
                            • Sep 2009

um, why are strings and the bedazzler the default engines and tools of reinvention for our favorite designers? I see a minor infection becoming raf syndrome in the not too distant future if this continues. This is pretty bad IMO.

Comment

• Vanna
                              • May 2008

^Yes, but who would he be selling this collection to? The blind with a mild case of downs?

It's just really off, right down to the futuristic Flintstones leggings. Which is rather unfortunate because, while I never subscribed to his look for my personal aesthetic, I've always loved his womenswear more than his mens.
                              Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• merkuri
                                • Sep 2009

this makes me feel bad for all the times I said years ago that all rick collections are the same. he has a pretty tightly realized vision and maybe stepping out is not such a great idea.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎