Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

/\ interesting...................looks good, what is the source of that image may I ask?
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• michael_kard
      • Oct 2010

I bet it's from that custom leather jacket thread on that forum...
      ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
      Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• MWNN
        Banned
        • Mar 2011

Image from webshop in Moscow
        GJOLL
        as I understand you are selling there ?

Comment

• zamb
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by MWNN View Post
          Image from webshop in Moscow
          GJOLL
          as I understand you are selling there ?
          Thanks
          didn't know they had pictures posted up. I just checked it out and the stuff looks great
          Yes they are on of the stores carrying the line for SS 2011.
          I think they will have a physical store later this year

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
          I bet it's from that custom leather jacket thread on that forum...
          Kard im clueless to your comment.................

Comment

• michael_kard
            • Oct 2010

I was referring to an interesting link that was posted on the WTF thread a while back... See for yourself !!!
            ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
            Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• MWNN
              Banned
              • Mar 2011

Nice collection.
              I am going to be in Moscow soon, will definitely see your collection in flesh hope they will have your items in stock.

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by MWNN View Post
                Nice collection.
                I am going to be in Moscow soon, will definitely see your collection in flesh hope they will have your items in stock.

thanks!

Comment

• zamb
                  • Nov 2006

All,
                  please be reminded that today is the last day to confirm custom orders for the FW 2011 season
                  been busy all day so didn't get a chance to update.
                  there is still a couple of hours left.

Blessings
                  ZB

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

Hello All,

ever so often after a long and hectic day dragging fabric supplies or whatever around NYC, I get home to receive an email like this.............
                    Whenever I do it surely makes my day, and give me that oh so necessary motivation to keep on going.

From a Client who purchased a belt:

Hi!
                    received it today, super satisfied!
                    belt buckle looks so nice, exactly what I was hoping it to be
                    Not an expert on leather but it feels very nice, quite thick leather! (+ it smells lovely)
                    really like the tag and the bag it came with, great job on that too!

Thank YOU very much Zam!
                    thanks to you, you know who you are!, wear it well.

Just a few other necessary announcements:

All our Stores for Spring has or will be receiving their final shipment this week, so if you are in a location close to any one of these stores and want to view our work in person, feel free to check it out.

Here are the list of retailers for the Spring Summer 2011 season
                    • Pollyanna Barnsley

• Gjoll Moscow

• AL Select Japan

• Trunk Brooklyn (accessories)

We will be in about 7-9 Doors throughout the world for the FW 2011 season, an announcement regarding the retailers will be made later on.

there has been numerous inquiries regarding readily available items for purchase through the Studio for the Spring Summer season.
                    We are running behind with the production on these, but these will be ready in a few weeks

Here is what will be available.

• Pleated Peasant Pants in Black Double Ply Cotton- this is a gorgeous double ply cotton that is made from two medium weight cotton fabrics that are woven together to give a greater weight to the fabric, so the fabric is as Durable as a 12oz cotton but with the feel of layering two ply of 6oz fabrics together

• Overdyed Soft J" Pants with accompanying Belt- this is version II of the soft j pants concept. the legs of the pant is cut from three panels of fabric with the pockets built into the seam without any unnecessary additions to the pant. the pants has been updated with belt looks and will come with our signature oxidized steel and leather slim be

• Overdyed DNA Jeans - Continuing with the DNA pants concept, we had made several jeans style version of the DNA pants but never for sale, this will be made from a gorgeous white heavy cotton that we have a very limited stock of and will then be overdyed black, through a cold dyeing process we have been experimenting with.

• DNA Sleeve Pullover. - A spring Summer version of our DNA sleeve top, with a lower neckline, a longer torso length and updated sizing. as opposed to only 3 sizes there will be now 4 for a better more natural fit. there will be several variations of this in grey and black cotton and a very soft lightweight wool version

• Echadh Seam Pullover- Long and Short Sleeve- Like the DNA Pullover, the Echadh seam will be re-sized and made with a longer torso length, there will also be a short sleeve version for those who desire this

• Heavy Raw Silk "Magic Penny" Shirt- Now you have it! back as per numerous request, The Iconic Magic Penny Shirt. Only about five or six of these will be produced this season, in two Colors, a very deep black and another shade of Grey with subtle hints of blue and deep purple running through it depending on how you view it in the light. 100% raw silk, without the metal fibres that made the first version a little problematic.

All pricing and Sizing availability will be made known in about a week or so.

thanks again for your support
                    Blessings
                    ZB
                    Last edited by zamb; 04-11-2011, 12:38 PM.

Comment

• zamb
                      • Nov 2006

Also,

while we ave closed off on orders for the FW season, special order items can still be requested. I think we are up to capacity or close to it at the moment,

We will be moving the Studio Location at some point during the Summer............an official notice will be made on that when we have found a permanent home for the Studio. at this point we have outgrown our current home and the ability to work at the needed efficiency rate..........so thread softly with your request

thanks again to everyone
                      talk soon
                      Blessings
                      ZB

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

Garment Dyeing technique

Cold Dyeing technique for DNA Jeans and Soft J Pant

So I have been asked on several occasions to give a documentation of some of the methods we use in constructing and creating our garments.
                        while I would certainly love to do this more often, because of our rather hectic schedule these days it isn't always possible to pictorially document our methods.

However, this week we had a little time on our hands and managed to document the dyeing process for two of our new garment samples for Spring.

We are currently producing over dyed versions of the Soft J pants and a DNA Jeans that we will be selling for Spring. these are made from two different weights of heavy cotton that is originally white that we decided to custom dye black.

Because of the intent to dye the garment black, the garments were sewn with a thread the exact match of the final color, to prevent any contrast after the dyeing process.
                        white garments sewn with black thread as seen here:

After the garments were sewn, the dye bath was prepared and the garments soaked for two hours in a solution of water and soda ash to increase the PH level of the fabric and maximize the dyeing process,
                        the dyes we use are fiber reactive dyes, which means that when the garment is immersed in the dye bath, the dye molecules bond with the fibers of the fabric to create a permanent and lasting color in the fabric.

Dye bath:

when the required PH for optimum dyeing is achieved the garments are then removed and placed into the dyebath:

there should be enough of the dye solution to fully immerse the garments and allow for free flowing of the garments in the dye solution.
                        After the garments are immersed into the solution, we then have the Beautiful SZ member B.Godsil stirring away at the garments in the solution for approximately 40 minutes to an hour

After the first hour, the garments are removed and then a second solution of Soda Ash and Dye is placed into the dye bath.
                        the temperature of the dye bath is then increased to about 120 degrees.
                        the garments are then Stirred and agitated in the dye bath for an additional hour.
                        After two hours the garments should be fully dyed with a uniform color, darker than the color of the fabric when dried. as a personal technique I prefer to leave the garments in the solution for about eight or so hours, rather than the recommended two hour time limit.

the garments are then rinsed to remove the excess dye and then dried.

here are a few images of the finished items.

Heavy Cotton DNA Jeans

Soft J pants

Comment

• zamb
                          • Nov 2006

a few more shots

Comment

• Faye
                            • Apr 2009

thanks for the amazing insight, zam! really enjoyed it. and I never imagined that the hand-dying process is that much time-consuming.

Comment

• Ivans On High
                              Banned
                              • Oct 2008

What type of dyes do you use Zamb (without giving too many secrets away)? Do you use natural dyes or find it too hard to get the blacks you need?

Comment

• zamb
                                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Ivans On High View Post
                                What type of dyes do you use Zamb (without giving too many secrets away)? Do you use natural dyes or find it too hard to get the blacks you need?

there is no secret to the dye, where my secret lie are with the technique, cause I had to experiment a lot with the time , temperature etc to get the desired results...........

I am using fiber reactive dyes, which are are more eco friendly than other types of dyes. the eco friendliness wasn't a great concern of mine. but its good to know though that it is........I was more concered about getting a great result and this type of dye is the best for dyeing plant based natural fibers.
                                the Dye i used is made by a small company based here in NY as I like to keep everything small, high quality and local.............

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎