Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kanne
    • Jun 2009

I must say I quite enjoyed reading your last post, zamb!

One doesn't get the chance to get such a deep insight on a designers line of thoughts very often, especially from those designers we care
    about on here (just take look at the "interview" with Altieri that was posted a while ago).
    I can most certainly relate to what you're saying and I really hope your doubts and fears will be a thing of the past.

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by kanne View Post
      I must say I quite enjoyed reading your last post, zamb!

One doesn't get the chance to get such a deep insight on a designers line of thoughts very often, especially from those designers we care
      about on here (just take look at the "interview" with Altieri that was posted a while ago).
      I can most certainly relate to what you're saying and I really hope your doubts and fears will be a thing of the past.
      Kanne,

thanks very much, your words are greatly appreciated.
      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

I am trying to keep the sales, price discussions outside of this thread,
        but so that I dont have to answer the same questions time and again.

here goes.

1. . All items in the collection are available for sale, except the "Hammered leather vest.
        2. Prices etc will not be published but can be requested through personal messaging.
        3. Garments can be ordered in other fabrications. example. the "DNA" pants is made in waxed linen for sampling, but can be ordered in the Double ply linen used for the "Soft J" pants.
        4. there is a discount extended to all Szers who orders through the forums, it varies on some items, but generally between 15-30%
        5. Gotten a few orders already, really happy about it guys, greatly appreciated. thanks a million.
        6. No there wont be a Fall Collection, there will be different iterations of a few things, a few outerwear/ coats, sweaters and layering pieces for the fall but not a new fall collection.
        7. The reason for the above is that I want to concentrate my efforts on making a really strong collection for Spring 2011. Work out some really good concepts and ideas for a really strong presentation between July and September.

this is all the announcements for sales etc. anything else can be dealt with through P.M.'s......
        want to keep the thread about the work itself and deal with the business through private discussions..........

Blessings,
        ZB

Comment

• eris quod sum
          • Jun 2009

Zam,

The collection looks phenomenal! Now I can't wait to see it in person, I'm sure as always the pictures still don't do these pieces justice. Beautiful work as always, but I wouldn't have expected any less.

Comment

• eat me
            • May 2009

What I have learned from CCP, Amaedi etc, is that you CAN have a small company, do what you believe and maintain your integrity.
            zamb, this probably sums up nicely how I feel sometimes, reading this forum. As I see myself designing in the future, these brands and designers behind them feed my inspiration more through the business approach, rather than aesthetics (in part because I had a similar aesthetic already formed before coming here. If anything, it was actually a bit sad to see it worked out and selling by someone else haha), so it really is quite important.

And honestly, good luck with your venture; I hope you'll make it through this time, for all small-scalers sake.

It is a joy to me to communicate with David, Albert, Faust, G.B.S. etc, to talk about real things, non fashion things.
            Yesterday I hung out with Faust in the rain and came home to an email from GBS about Marriage and family. those things are more important to me than fashion. to know that I can be a human, with honesty and integrity. This where SZ and the designers have contributed more to my development than in any stylistic or technical way.
            It is possible to make it big and retain the integrity and other human qualities you mention. I don't think making it big changes that. Amongst the people I know, I've seen examples of them going quite mainstream (and successful) and retaining their wonderful individualities, and people who haven't done anything yet, but already have enormous egos and trying to turn themselves into some kind of "too-busy-to-talk-to-you-fashionista" persona, failing miserably.

I'm not sure if that was the point you were trying make though, so pardon me if I read it wrong.

Comment

• zamb
              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by eat me View Post
              zamb, this probably sums up nicely how I feel sometimes, reading this forum. As I see myself designing in the future, these brands and designers behind them feed my inspiration more through the business approach, rather than aesthetics (in part because I had a similar aesthetic already formed before coming here. If anything, it was actually a bit sad to see it worked out and selling by someone else haha), so it really is quite important.

And honestly, good luck with your venture; I hope you'll make it through this time, for all small-scalers sake.
              well yes, I think that often times we are given a false view of fashion, and the perspective of the mainstream, kind of gives the impression that if you aren't doing a huge volume business with the shows and all, there's no point in getting into this business. it is for that reason why many smaller companies focus on growth instead of becoming profitable. sometimes the focus on growth instead of effeciency and sustainability on a small scale, destroys many of these smaller companies. thanfully there is a way for us to survive on a small scale

Originally posted by eat me View Post
              It is possible to make it big and retain the integrity and other human qualities you mention. I don't think making it big changes that. Amongst the people I know, I've seen examples of them going quite mainstream (and successful) and retaining their wonderful individualities, and people who haven't done anything yet, but already have enormous egos and trying to turn themselves into some kind of "too-busy-to-talk-to-you-fashionista" persona, failing miserably.

I'm not sure if that was the point you were trying make though, so pardon me if I read it wrong.
              I would like to think the statement I highlighted is true, but trust me, i dont know. I am not accusing anyone who has made it big of anything........just saying from my experience and knowledge of the business, I know its really hard in today society.

many people lie, and justify it as necessary for PR, oftentimes you hear of the inner workings of the lives of many designers of the bigger companies, the parties, the drugs etc, its completely different from the public image.............I just want to make clothes, live my life and be happy. As broke as i am these days, I've already accomplished most of what I've wanted to do in life......... so I'm cool.
              My only desire now is to become better at the things im already doing.

Great talking.
              Blessings
              ZB

Comment

• Seventh
                • Dec 2006

Zam -

Congrats on the collection. It looks good and I definitely see your personal vision/aesthetic in it. As an owner of one of Zam's bags I can add to the chorus on the high quality (I use it almost every day).

I am looking forward to seeing how your work develops. I really like how you are mixing leather and fabric, particularly in the moleskin/leather jacket. I look forward to seeing fit pictures.

Comment

• zamb
                  • Nov 2006

Thanks AD,

I will be giving you a call in a few days.
                  Glad to know you are well man, really been missing you.

Originally posted by Seventh View Post
                  Zam -

Congrats on the collection. It looks good and I definitely see your personal vision/aesthetic in it. As an owner of one of Zam's bags I can add to the chorus on the high quality (I use it almost every day).

I am looking forward to seeing how your work develops. I really like how you are mixing leather and fabric, particularly in the moleskin/leather jacket. I look forward to seeing fit pictures.

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

To all.

the Magic Penny Shirt in the original silk and metal Fabric is no longer available,

I am currently researching a few fabric that will be used to produce the shirt in another version.
                    the concept of the shirt remains the same, but there will be new fabrication, and quite likely another colorway.
                    Thanks to a few Szers there is only two shirts left, one is reserved for a special member of the forums, and the other I am contemplating keeping for myself/ the studio Archives if I can get this beer belly here slim enough to look good in it.
                    I will keep you all informed of the new fabrication when that is decided upon, and the new colorway...........

Blessings
                    ZB

Comment

• Fuuma
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
                      the fact that after all these years of discussing poells work to arrive at the idea that there is no story behind it is absurd.
                      Conceptual does not equal narrative.

CCP is conceptual
                      Ann is narrative

I wear more Ann than CCP.
                      Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• philip nod
                        • Aug 2007

dont go there fuuma
                        One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Fuuma
                          • Sep 2006

dont go there fuuma
                          I started watching Lost (into second season), I'm afraid to go anywhere...
                          Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                          http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• philip nod
                            • Aug 2007

last season is a bit anticlimatic, 3 main characters just died, and i didnt feel much
                            One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                              • May 2008

last season is a bit anticlimatic, 3 main characters just died, and i didnt feel much
                              No-one ever really dies.

Definitely not in LOST.
                              Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• BSR
                                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                                Conceptual does not equal narrative.

CCP is conceptual
                                Ann is narrative

I wear more Ann than CCP.
                                i thought concepts were like fictional characters

pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                                Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎