Directed by Arkady M. Sokolov

StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by zamb View Post
      J,
      my intuition has a way of guiding me to stay away from people who are nothing but problems. Thus is a guy who has contacted me berating other forum and members and designers here in the process of trying to get me to sell him stuff. Thankfully I knew to avoid him as it could have been worse had I sold him the blazer he was inquiring about.
      I banned Defender a few days ago and just saw the disparaging posts above, which I deleted. I am not in the business of providing a soapbox for psychopaths.

Now, back to the documentary above...
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Piffen
        • Aug 2007

Beautiful, feels like watching Lucky people center international 2.0.

Really like the dialogue part of Zam Barrett. On here, allowing customers to visit the studio, this. It's been very nice following the brand so far (since relaunch) going from bags and belts to expanding to main line, category M, and (yet again) to womenswear. I wish you and the team all the best!

Comment

• NOHSAD
          • Nov 2014

Props to everyone who was involved in the making of the video . I enjoyed listening to Zam talked about the ethos behind his work and providing a quick history on his origins. His garment are exactly what i appreciate in clothes; beautifully made with long longevity. Keep up the amazing work Zam/Zfactorie, congrats on finally having a physical space for customers to experience your garments in person!
          "Instead of feeling alone in a group, it's better to have real solitude all by yourself"

ShopDDavis.etsy.com

IG: @D.__Dvais

Comment

• Geoffrey B. Small
            • Nov 2007

Me too, I will join in the long line to congratulate you. What a nice inspiring video to see real clothes-makers still slugging it out on the other side of the pond. And congrats to Arkady as well for the film direction.. some beautiful images and shots in there throughout. Great work guys and thanks for sharing it. Best wishes, Geoffrey

Comment

• zamb
              • Nov 2006

Thank you all guys
              Will chime in later today

Im all the way in Johnstown New York at a leather tannery locked away from civilization!
              “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
              .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• deadboy
                • Jul 2013

Very nice little doc, and really cool to have a look into where and how these clothes are made. Well done, Arkady. And I hope this brings more eyes to the ZB label.

Comment

• yffet
                  • Aug 2009

That was real pleasure to watch this video.
                  Well, Karl is a fan of Carol. Not sure about the other way around though...(Faust)

Comment

• ADreamofBlue
                    • Sep 2015

Zam & Arkady - I guess I'm echoing everyone else above, but that was an amazing video. I had no idea you designed for the military, but it makes too much sense. Just makes me appreciate all the clothing I've bought, and will buy from you, even more. Did I hear some dub chords at the very end?
                    who slips in to my body and whispers to my ghost?

Comment

• Arkady
                      • Apr 2011

Thank you immensely to everyone for the support and kind words. I'm intrigued to hear we've added some dimension to the objects you already have a relationship with, and glad that we've intrigued some newcomers all the same.

It's worth noting that Jonathan extensively sampled recordings of daily operations in Zam's atelier when he wrote the music, as our aim was to create something fundamentally of the space and the man.

I'm still sitting on hours of choice exegesis from Zam, including on the origins of the universe, don't tempt me to put more of this out
                      Last edited by Arkady; 02-02-2016, 11:50 AM.

Comment

• newp
                        • Feb 2013

This video is a great one! Thank you everyone involved.

Regarding socks: I have two pairs and have experienced nothing of the sort described above. Pretty much happy with construction and quality so I guess it was, if happened, an unfortunate issues.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

Many congratulations to Zam, Arkady and everyone else involved in this production. Lovely film, dialogue and soundtrack!

Keep up the good work everyone!
                          www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Shifts
                            • Jul 2013

The movie just sold a pair of pants. Kinda.

Very nice work Arkady and nice to see Zam in action again. Remember those early movie clips which were on the web site earlier now.

Comment

• obsi
                              • Aug 2011

Have grown to love your work more and more the last few years. Thank you for the video.
                              "It's hard to tell the real people from those who pretend. These days I've got more shoes than I've got real friends."

Comment

• Jtothewhat
                                • Oct 2014

Really interesting and well done edit, as a relative newcomer to SZ I think it's really cool that there are some knowledgeable creatives among the forum, and I love picking up bread crumbs of information left by people like Zam on the forum. The video gave some really interesting insight, and I love that you designed for the military!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎