• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hot men... hot collection... hot men!!!

Comment

• JoniF
      • May 2009

I'm honestly at a lack of words for this collection.

Comment

• swami
        • Jul 2008

Yohji wears well on you Mr G SMALL , But your clothes look better on you.

Comment

• kuugaia
          • Feb 2010

Not that I would wear any of this but...this collection is really incredible. In addition to the one Avantster pointed out, I thought this was amazing.

Floral scared me at first lol.

Comment

• rudo
            • Feb 2009

Floral prints looks nice and fits in well with the collection, although I doubt I can personally pull them off. Nice dandy collection as a whole. shirts, jackets, cropped pants all look nice. I don't own many yohji but I'm definitely looking forward to adding a couple of pieces here and there along the way.

Comment

• chameleon
              • Jun 2008

Originally posted by wire.artist
              One of those cutaway/frock suits is gonna be mine. The coats are beautiful, the fabrics look promising.
              The waiscoat/shirts are nice, similar to ss09.
              The most simple looks featuring one of these shirts and cropped pants are excellent.
              Take away the styling and the witchhunter shoes and you have a ton of great pieces.
              The shirting is pretty interesting.

The riri zipped shoes were a yohji staple a while back, I'm glad they are back.

I know I wouldn't wear it much, but I'd buy look nº6 in a heartbeat.
              look 29 is a wiser choice (and would be the one I'd eventually get)

edit: it's gonna be tough this time...those suits in the monochrome looks are fantastic too...lots of tempting stuff
              Originally posted by Avantster View Post
              The master is back.

Excellent coats and suits, but the real gems are the interesting play on shirts - pointed hems (signifying waistcoats expanded upon from SS 08), collars pulled to one side, bow tie knots (like the shirt collar scarf from AW 08) and pants that hit just below the knee a modern take on breeches.

Fabrics do look interesting and I appreciate the soft, muted color palette amongst the usual blacks and blues. More importantly the sense of fresh playfulness has returned.
              Originally posted by wire.artist
              Brian those two were also my instant fav + the all black one.

As you said, he is back

HQ's are up on tfs,...stunning.

I agree with all of this. Even after a few days of digesting this, I have a really hard time expressing my thoughts about this collection, but I'm absolutely floored by it. I don't know how much my expectations and also the issue of authorship is influencing me, but this is one of the best collections I've ever seen.

I just love the shapes and the proportions, coupled with what (in the HQ pics) looks like gorgeous fabrics. The cropped pants with cuffs are fantastic, the shirting is so good. The COLORS. I love the all the small details that (in my head) allude back to previous collections, incorporated in a new context and without feeling like re-hashes - from larges ideas and shapes to insignificant things like the dual zipper with different zipper pulls on some of the zip shirts, exactly the same as on the ankle zipper pants of ss08. The cutaway jackets are fantastic, and the frock jacket in look no 10 reminds me of an iteration of an ss08 jacket, but with the lapel action from ss01. The cropped pants and high socks at first sight reminded me of ss06, although the styling/inspiration is obviously different.

There are things to be said about every look, but to just mention a few: look5 with the four button long jacket/coat, although I'm not big on this particular print, is just excellent in proportion, and makes me think of the long jacket suits in ss03 but less structured. The shirt's soft cutaway hem and the slightly cropped pants just nails it for me.

The monochrome light blue (L 13) looks amazing, unstructured, dual lapel details. I think it's funny how he threw those mint green and orange suits in there, just like the neon crushed velvet-y suits in light blue, orange and green from fw08.

I think the soft purple/lavender gabardine looks are fantastic (19-22). I especially adore look 22, which I think just looks straight up dope and reminds me slightly of a ss07 suit but better cut/proportioned.

Sorry for this rant; I could go on and on about the striped set-ups with the lapel details, and many other things, but this will be enough for now.

Oh, and the riri zip shoes are fantastic. Also the cream lace ups look stunning and remind me a bit of some of the ss10 lace-ups.

I've gone through the whole collections many many times already, I just can't stop looking at this.
              Last edited by chameleon; 06-27-2010, 04:54 AM.

Comment

• Avantster
                ¤¤¤
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by swami View Post
                Wait, what?
                let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                  • Sep 2008

I was wondering about that curious little post as well.

A Glitch in the Zatrix?
                  www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Avantster
                    ¤¤¤
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by chameleon View Post
                    Even after a few days of digesting this, I have a really hard time expressing my thoughts about this collection, but I'm absolutely floored by it. I don't know how much my expectations and also the issue of authorship is influencing me, but this is one of the best collections I've ever seen.
                    +1 on this. Now, if only someone visited the showroom..
                    let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                      • Mar 2009

I assume you are talking about that guy :

This is not Geoffrey B Small, but he actually was wearing GBS in the pics from the dedicated article on Scoute, if I remember correctly.
                      I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                      I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• orphée
                        • Apr 2008

Originally posted by chameleon View Post

Pictures from gq.com
                        While the wigs can be quite off-putting, I adore this Oscar Wilde look..If I were to go dandy, this is how I would do it.

There is quite some depth to this collection. Although I do not see myself wearing much of it (particularly the pieces in hues which remind me of when they take old black and white films and add colour), the more I look the more I see a lot of pieces which could work in many a wardrobe. I, too, like the breeches. Romantic, cheeky. Summer.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

The fabrics are nice. While I think the florals are quite silly, the black coats are gorgeous. Excellent detailing and finish. In the showroom I thought that Wire and Avantster will be satisfied. The shirting is nice too + the assymmetric collar shirts and the shirt-vest hybrids. Definitely a much better collection than the last few seasons.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fade to Black
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by kuugaia View Post
                            In addition to the one Avantster pointed out, I thought this was amazing.
                            depending on what the top is, if it's a t-shirt like material i would not mind buying this.
                            www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• swami
                              • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Mail-Moth View Post
                              I assume you are talking about that guy :

This is not Geoffrey B Small, but he actually was wearing GBS in the pics from the dedicated article on Scoute, if I remember correctly.
                              Thank you MR Moth for making sense of my criptic post.
                              YEs I always assumed this was Mr Small & that he wore the clothes very well.

He does not seem to be entirely comfortable above but this only goes to prove the adage holds true " The need to mature to a certain place to really be able to rock Yohji'

Needed to add , Avantster & the Spaniard architect (Forgot his username) both do wear Yohji very well!

Comment

• orphée
                                • Apr 2008

Needed to add , Avantster & the Spaniard architect (Forgot his username) both do wear Yohji very well!
                                Certainly not the first time I've hears of Yohji's draw on architects.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎