Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wax
    • Sep 2009

I still count fw09 as his strongest collection, but this one was far more interesting that ss10. Was quite disappointed with the stuff in stores right now.

Comment

• delphine
      • Sep 2009

Beautiful collection!
      Very funny video - especially the end with the hip-hop types walking out.. lol
      but beautiful collection!

Comment

• doldrums
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by delphine View Post
        Beautiful collection!
        Very funny video - especially the end with the hip-hop types walking out.. lol
        but beautiful collection!
        you mean, HIS types? that was the only interesting part of the "interview."

Comment

• MikeN
          • Nov 2007

in that video did he say this was the first time transparent leather existed???

Comment

• kuugaia
            • Feb 2010

^ Yes. To be honest, I thought he would of been a little bit more educated in this realm considering how much he deals with leather. Nonetheless, props to him for figuring it all out himself and making it usable.

How do interviewers like that even keep their job...seriously?

Comment

• mrbeuys
              • May 2008

Originally posted by kuugaia View Post
              How do interviewers like that even keep their job...seriously?
              Employ yourself and you will always have a job.
              She is annoying as hell though, that voice makes my skin crawl... and don't even get me started on her Paris sidekick Bambi.
              Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Peasant
                • Jul 2009

It sounds like he's being interviewed by one of the Golden Girls (the 5th one who smoked her whole life). And it's hard to even gauge how genuinely interested she is in his work. But it was nice to hear something/anything about his design process. Seems like a humble and pleasant person.

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

Yes, awesome guy.

Checked out the collection in person today, particularly liked the grey colours. Boris said that quite a few pieces were cold-dyed this season, resultin in beautiful tones and textures.

Transparent leather pieces looked gnarly, the gloves were straight up silence of the lambs steez (quote by Campbell).

Overall a very coherent collection, I liked it a lot.
                  "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Wax
                    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                    Yes, awesome guy.

Checked out the collection in person today, particularly liked the grey colours. Boris said that quite a few pieces were cold-dyed this season, resultin in beautiful tones and textures.

Transparent leather pieces looked gnarly, the gloves were straight up silence of the lambs steez (quote by Campbell).

Overall a very coherent collection, I liked it a lot.

what exactly does "cold dyed" mean? cold water? What would be so special about that?

Will there be some pictures from the showroom on your blog :)? I remember seeing some from ss09 if I remember correctly

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

Thats right, when the water is not warm or hot the material absorbs the dye differently, the result is a more uneven colour with unique textures. With some colours it gives a sort of dirty look.

Unfortunately I didn't have time to grab photos, but I'll ask Boris if they have something they'd like to share
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• ETC
                        • Mar 2010

some pictures from sangbleu

http://sangbleu.com/2010/06/28/jacobs-ladder/
                        click here

Comment

• Apr 2009

^ great images.
                          Originally posted by dji
                          don't hesitate, just buy.

Comment

• swami
                            • Jul 2008

Thanks for the video , great job! Would be awesome if you can use 2 cameras , Set one up at a fixed frame on a tripod and the other following them. This way you can also get back shots.

The dyeing process really worked , The shades of grey are gorgeous!

Comment

• Who?
                              • Aug 2007

Boris has always had that beauiful casual layered look, I never thought it would translate to suiting but the tailored pieces are beautiful. For those of you present at the showroom what does the transparent leather feel like? I can only imagine it feeling somewhat like rawhide.
                              WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

I hate to be the voice of dissent, but I really don't see anything to get excited about here. I am sure it looked better in the showroom, but as a runway show this strikes me as weak and tired. I think maybe Boris should hire a talented stylist or move away from the show to the presentation model and let the garments speak for themselves, because some of them are quite good, with interesting cuts, seamwork, and fabrics.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎