X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • t-bone
    • Dec 2009

Not sure if this is better off in "Help Finding" or "SS11 Arrivals?"

Been keeping an eye on what comes in, as I'm interested in picking up some of the pieces from the lighter-colored runway looks. I see Darklands has the cow hide jacket and some of the mud-washed pieces, but does anyone know if any stores picked up pants or tops in the lighter colors?

Comment

• andrewislasorad
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by t-bone View Post
      Not sure if this is better off in "Help Finding" or "SS11 Arrivals?"

Been keeping an eye on what comes in, as I'm interested in picking up some of the pieces from the lighter-colored runway looks. I see Darklands has the cow hide jacket and some of the mud-washed pieces, but does anyone know if any stores picked up pants or tops in the lighter colors?
      Our buy for SS'11 seems right up your ally > H. Lorenzo

Comment

• t-bone
        • Dec 2009

Nice, definitely a few to kop. Still need those pants from the 3rd look though!

Comment

• franz
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Jotsko View Post
          Originally Posted by Nikov
          this jacket looks awesome. first item on the hit list.

I agree. It's stunning. Caught me instantly.
          Just tried this one on at l'Eclaireur this afternoon. Great great fabric indeed, extremely soft, nicely "aged".
          Had the impression the one I tried was a lighter shade, like dark grey, though...
          It's a bit tight around the arms for me, but the back and front have a great anatomical shape, very comfortable.
          Originally posted by Faust
          True story. Dude walks into Hostem, looks around, says, "I like how you took this whole All Saints thing and ran with it."

Comment

• franz
            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by CUTUP View Post
            I think the strength in his pants is that he has them look fitted and slim, but still has give around the thighs to maintain that bit of rugged street aesthetic he seems to aim for. The cutting strikes a perfect balance of casual and formal

I have never liked the look of super slim pants on me, as my legs are big from the gym.

But the extra room he gives in the thighs is a perfect fit. Im not sure if there are any others here with the big legs problem ( Kunk exempted) but these are a great choice for being fitted without looking tight

Totally. I have the same issue usually.
            I just tried (and kopped) my first BBS pants (P13 wax washed) on Saturday, and I was really surprised how nicely they fit. I guess I'll make a stop by Darklands next time I am in Berlin...
            True story. Dude walks into Hostem, looks around, says, "I like how you took this whole All Saints thing and ran with it."

Comment

• BSR
              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by franz View Post
              Had the impression the one I tried was a lighter shade, like dark grey, though...
              It's a bit tight around the arms for me, but the back and front have a great anatomical shape, very comfortable.
              yes it's the grey version that L'E has not the black as on darklands and ink. it's a nice jacket, very fitted, the collar is nice, and the design quite simple for BBS (no button, string, or zips everywhere). But the sleeves are really awkward, especially around the elbow.
              pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
              Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• franz
                • Mar 2011

Originally posted by BSR View Post
                yes it's the grey version that L'E has not the black as on darklands and ink. it's a nice jacket, very fitted, the collar is nice, and the design quite simple for BBS (no button, string, or zips everywhere). But the sleeves are really awkward, especially around the elbow.
                I think it's because of the cotton lining, which has no stretch at all. I was afraid I'd end up tearing it up just by flexing my arms to get my metro card... I do not understand this kind of design, it would have been so easy to make it more democratic. You really need to have thin arms to fit in this one.

But the silver lining here is that it definitely gave me a good reason not to buy it. Still that much saved!

Comment

• DRRRK
                  • Aug 2009

The sleeves are curved, that is why there is some bunching around the elbow if you have your arms straight. The leather is quite stiff at first, which makes the bunching look a little awkward. As you rarely walk around with straight arms, this is not really a problem or a reason not to buy it.
                  Oh, BSR, as you might have guessed, i just love the minimal design.

Comment

• BSR
                    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by DRRRK View Post
                    The sleeves are curved, that is why there is some bunching around the elbow if you have your arms straight. The leather is quite stiff at first, which makes the bunching look a little awkward. As you rarely walk around with straight arms, this is not really a problem or a reason not to buy it.
                    Oh, BSR, as you might have guessed, i just love the minimal design.
                    actually the design of the arms is a bit bulky compared to the forearms slimness, at least on the one i tried on... I'm not sure it was an intended effect. Not too fond of the lining either... But I don't really like most of BBS stuff, apart from the pants and some basics. For me the jackets, coats have always been always ill-fitting, and the leathers looked cool but had always disturbing details.

And one fencing is enough in a minimal wardrobe .
                    pix

Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• DRRRK
                      • Aug 2009

I agree about the bulkiness of the upper parts of the sleeves. I have to think about changing it, if possible. It allows a lot of movement for a jacket this slim though. What made my BBS coat perfect for me was taking 5 cm out in the chest area, which made it slimmer than XS there. The poportions of shoulder and chest made it perfect for D-cup women before the alteration.
                      And i agree about the other leathers, or most of earlier BBS leathers. That is why i couldn't resist now that the details are barely more than an incredible seamwork.

Comment

• thejarc
                        • Jan 2011

Well guys, I'm surry to interrupt your discussion but has someone of you seen the transparent leather IRL? I only saw the pictures at hlorenzo and the jacket is very expensive compared to his other leather jackets. But I guess the process of making the leather transparent is quite labor-intense. (Hence the gloves are 1300$)

Comment

• it's cold as if it's wet. to the touch it's heavy, malleable and melts a bit and goes even softer as soon as it warms up against your body. Really freaking strange.

Comment

• lost53
                            • Dec 2010

^literally a second skin, is how it felt to me. ^

Comment

• BSR
                              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by lost53 View Post
                              ^literally a second skin, is how it felt to me. ^
                              ^i prefer to keep only one if the second is to come like that... honestly it's the worst garment i've ever seen, even as an experiment i find it ridiculous.
                              pix

Comment

• franz
                                • Mar 2011

Originally posted by BSR View Post
                                ^i prefer to keep only one if the second is to come like that... honestly it's the worst garment i've ever seen, even as an experiment i find it ridiculous.
                                Saw it L'eclaireur Herold, I find it rather interesting. It's strangely fascinating IMHO, there's something gore-ish to it, like it's human skin or props from Texas Chainsaw Massacre... Kinda creepy (especially in a poorly-lit setting), but not in a bad way.

I can't really picture myself wearing it though.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎