Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lost53
    • Dec 2010

Not bad, but I am really missing the edge and rawness of previous collections. I do appreciate that with Goth, he really had pushed that button very far, so a new direction is not a surprise. But as I said with the BBS leggings... must we have the skirts?

Comment

• gnow
      • Jun 2010

Anyone who has seen the pieces in person could confirm if the trousers are one or two piece? Also, are they available in black and white as well?

Comment

• Lane
        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by lost53 View Post
        Not bad, but I am really missing the edge and rawness of previous collections. I do appreciate that with Goth, he really had pushed that button very far, so a new direction is not a surprise. But as I said with the BBS leggings... must we have the skirts?
        Part of me shares diorowens concerns. Another UNDERWORLD; or Goth_ik would have been absolutely amazing. However, I don't see anything wrong with a designer exploring himself as long as the aesthetic is still intact, which I feel it is. I as well share the sentiment that I'm glad julius abandoned a lot of its military elements (temporarily? lol), because those I think are pretty overdone at least in my eyes. This is refreshing to me.

Comment

• moderninc2010
          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by lost53 View Post
          I actually like the skirt look. It is already very big in Japan. I think it will reach out this time to the rest of the world

Comment

• lost53
            • Dec 2010

So few men look good in skirts... it is not a new thing, they appear every few years or so..
            as for being big in Japan, Mr Waits knows all about that!

But if you like them, fine. I just have never seen a man at his best in a skirt. But having said that perhaps I am missing out!!

Comment

• diorowen
              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Lane View Post
              Part of me shares diorowens concerns. Another UNDERWORLD; or Goth_ik would have been absolutely amazing. However, I don't see anything wrong with a designer exploring himself as long as the aesthetic is still intact, which I feel it is. I as well share the sentiment that I'm glad julius abandoned a lot of its military elements (temporarily? lol), because those I think are pretty overdone at least in my eyes. This is refreshing to me.
              yeah, let's commiserate together. haha. RiP military surplus. not saying that I don't like Julius's exploration in a cleaner design though. I still like it, but its just not as I expected. and I'm quite sure, military surplus will be back sooner or later. since its one of his identity. well, I'm not that into his fw 11 though. but still love Julius!
              still trapped in my juvenile state

Comment

don't worry guys, all this talk about a new direction is a bit faulty. they still have all the pieces they usually have, but it's just been used less frequent on the catwalk. Julius is all about styling, and looks like someone better in my opinion did it this year.

Comment

• upsilonkng
                  • May 2010

any chance we'll get a backstage report w/ pics like last year? Would love to get a better idea on those jackets/boots...

Comment

• BSR
                    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by upsilonkng View Post
                    any chance we'll get a backstage report w/ pics like last year? Would love to get a better idea on those jackets/boots...
                    stay tuned
                    pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                    Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Macro
                      • Apr 2008

Looking at the above comments reflecting on this Julius collection being a departure of sorts from the formula most have begun to associate with the label, it surprises me that no one has addressed that this presentation bears resemblance to the older Julius catalog; the proposed silhouettes are reminiscent of the early designs of Horikawa. The industrial 'aggression' that permeates Julius discussion is merely one half of the pie... the other being a meditation on zen buddhism. It's the contrast and dialectic tension between these two ideas which birth the mood of Julius.

Unfortunately, certain voices in this thread (and forum) seem intent on pigeonholing each designer into a certain 'aesthetic', perhaps attempting to compartmentalize their own perspective on dress. Calling something 'Rick' and dismissing it as derivative is uneducated and reveals a narrow mindedness that was less apparent until recent years on this forum. We are in danger of losing our intelligent discourse... we must educate ourselves with the past before we comment on the future.
                      every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage

Comment

• Skye X
                        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Macro View Post
                        Looking at the above comments reflecting on this Julius collection being a departure of sorts from the formula most have begun to associate with the label, it surprises me that no one has addressed that this presentation bears resemblance to the older Julius catalog; the proposed silhouettes are reminiscent of the early designs of Horikawa. The industrial 'aggression' that permeates Julius discussion is merely one half of the pie... the other being a meditation on zen buddhism. It's the contrast and dialectic tension between these two ideas which birth the mood of Julius.

Unfortunately, certain voices in this thread (and forum) seem intent on pigeonholing each designer into a certain 'aesthetic', perhaps attempting to compartmentalize their own perspective on dress. Calling something 'Rick' and dismissing it as derivative is uneducated and reveals a narrow mindedness that was less apparent until recent years on this forum. We are in danger of losing our intelligent discourse... we must educate ourselves with the past before we comment on the future.
                        This. The dialectic tension that Macro mentioned is something I've always loved, and as I mentioned in my earlier post, it's used to great effect in this collection, contrasting the clean and aggressive sides of this aesthetic.

I love this label, and I love what they're doing. I appreciate their repurposing of the military surplus aesthetic, taking the urban survivalism associated with those clothes and pushing it as far as it can go. So what if it's been done by a lot of designers? The key for me is that no one else did it RIGHT. For my tastes, anyway. And isn't that what all of this fashion nonsense is about? Expressing yourself and your tastes?

Comment

• Lane
                          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Macro View Post
                          damn, you're spot on here.

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

well said Macro.

I was intending to say the same regarding earlier collections but apparently I did not. either way, to say that looks sans the ruggedness and decay is not Julius is simply untrue.
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• eat me
                              • May 2009

People on here just like giving Tatsuro a hard time. Having handled quite a few Julius pieces I can say that it actually isn't anything like Rick (), or Ann, or whatever.

Julius as a label evolves with a slower pace, unlike some people (see Damir's AW11 fuck-up), and while it might seem repetitve at times, it's acutally refining what he does best.

Comment

• interest1
                                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by gnow View Post
                                Anyone who has seen the pieces in person could confirm if the trousers are one or two piece? Also, are they available in black and white as well?
                                They're one piece; the top portion is sold separately. And, because some people tend to get hung up on verbiage, I won't hasten to say "skirt", but rather, let's just call it what it really is: a layering piece.

skirt = layering piece
                                layering piece = skirt

Case closed.

Aside from jersey, they were also cut in leather.

Re: if the trousers come in black: does the Pope shit in the Vatican?
                                sain't

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎