X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dane
    HAMMERTIME
    • Feb 2011

It's up to you, but I wouldn't post something that's already been archived. Are you talking tshirts and things? If so, just make sure you make the pics interesting, like close ups of the fabric texture, things like that.
    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Shifts
      • Jul 2013

Things not already archived was what I had in mind – shorts and sweaters in my case.

Ok, thanks, that is good to know for future reference.. If I post something, I'll make sure it won't be completely useless.

Comment

• unwashed
        • Dec 2008

I figured I already had some info and pictures in my sales thread so why not post them in the archives. I do not want to create duplicate entries in the archive, but was to lazy to completely check the Julius thread.

So I thought, isn't it useful to have an index in the first post? I think it would initially be a bitch to create indexes for current threads, but makes it easier to look up a certain item. then we know if we're creating duplicates or could continue to post new stuff. Also just for browsing and looking up specific items an index would be nice.

P.S. I will upload images soon instead of using links.
        Grailed link

Comment

• Piffen
          • Aug 2007

MBD, fantastic pieces you've posted in the CDG archive! Recently and in the past.

On a related note, the archives has become a great part of SZ IMO, thanks MBD (and Faust)!

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

You are welcome!
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
              • Oct 2010

Yes, I join Faust in sending a hearty, "you're welcome."

Eventually, I'd like to hire an assistant (again) who can help me post the entirety of my archive. At the moment, I estimate 5% has been posted here so there is much waiting for you to enjoy...

It is slow going to post and photograph my garments. Knowing that my work is appreciated by even one member of this community helps keep me going more than you could possibly realize.

Cheers,

MBD
              "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
              It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
              My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                • Oct 2010

I'd like to put in a vote for a (Phoebe Philo-era) Céline thread in the archives...

MBD
                "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
                It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
                My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• clay
                  • Sep 2006

The CDG archive is fucking incredible!!!!!Thank you sincerely MDB!
                  Last edited by clay; 07-17-2015, 09:05 PM. Reason: To direct thanks directly to the poster

Comment

• nathaliew817
                    • Sep 2014

Hi, I'm starting an online consignment store and currently a lot of items are passing through my hands.
                    Can I post edited pictures? I attached an example
                    Attached Files
                    V A N II T A S

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

As long as you don't advertise your consignment store in any way.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• HugAndWug
                        • Aug 2014

I couldn't find anything on this/didn't look hard enough apparently but I wanted to check before I take the time for it. Is there a limit to how often they can be posted? Like I've got 21ish? pieces I can post to the InAisce thread that haven't been done before. Would doing all of those in one day be fine or would you want me to spread it out?

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

It's up to you.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• campiiitos
                            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by HugAndWug View Post
                            I couldn't find anything on this/didn't look hard enough apparently but I wanted to check before I take the time for it. Is there a limit to how often they can be posted? Like I've got 21ish? pieces I can post to the InAisce thread that haven't been done before. Would doing all of those in one day be fine or would you want me to spread it out?
                            21ish Inaisce pieces? Lucky you! If you are a size I and ever consider selling some I would like to be the first to know. :D

Please post them when you have a chance. I should do the same with my Inaisce pieces.

Comment

• dji
                              • Feb 2008

can we get a Deepti archive?

Comment

• timm3h
                                • Mar 2011

Originally posted by dji View Post
                                can we get a Deepti archive?
                                Excited to see what comes out of this! Do you have any pieces you're going to post?
                                Clothing deconstruction & review

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎