X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DudleyGray
    • Jul 2013

I know you have, because when I saw the stag bomber for sale, I checked the sellers feedback thread and decided just to pull the trigger based on reputation, rather than going through everything with a fine-toothed comb. I guess that was my mistake, never trust anyone with used Rick.

But this jacket is so obviously fake, how else can you interpret what happened? It's insulting just to think you could sell it to any SZ member.
    bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• 13we2
      • Sep 2015

Yep, every detail seems pretty obviously fake to trained eyes.

Comment

• mikko
        • Apr 2013

Have to chime in on dash, as these messages got some synapses moving and checked my old emails relating to disputes on Paypal.

Seems in the fall of September 2013 I bought a couple of Rick tees from him from sufu and after multiple messages (after I had promptly paid) there the only way to get him to ship them was open a Paypal dispute and even then I get bullshit excuses... Seems his handle over there at the time myownparadigm is now banned, so....

EDIT: added year I forgot to mention

Comment

• dash
          • Jul 2010

Originally posted by mikko View Post
          Have to chime in on dash, as these messages got some synapses moving and checked my old emails relating to disputes on Paypal.

Seems in the fall of September 2013 I bought a couple of Rick tees from him from sufu and after multiple messages (after I had promptly paid) there the only way to get him to ship them was open a Paypal dispute and even then I get bullshit excuses... Seems his handle over there at the time myownparadigm is now banned, so....

EDIT: added year I forgot to mention
          Mate my sister was just diagnosed with cancer at that time so I was a bit slow posting out (but I did post out). I've spoken to you many times since then on Facebook, didn't realise it was still an issue. I explained all this stuff to you - have some sensitivity please.

Didn't even realise I was banned tbh from sufu, don't go there anymore - mostly here/fb/grailed.
          www.gregdash.net
          @gregjdash

Comment

• sbw4224
            • Sep 2006

This just doesn't end.

Greg lost the Paypal dispute because of a long history of fraudulent activity on his account, and now has opened a chargeback case with his credit card company against me.

If anyone has any history with him or Paypal/international legal advice, please PM me.

Comment

• dash
              • Jul 2010

Originally posted by sbw4224 View Post
              This just doesn't end.

Greg lost the Paypal dispute because of a long history of fraudulent activity on his account, and now has opened a chargeback case with his credit card company against me.

If anyone has any history with him or Paypal/international legal advice, please PM me.
              I haven't commented on here properly out of faith that you were acting in good will, but I'm not sure now.

I lost a paypal dispute after not receiving the item I purchased - I was out of pocket financially and out of the item, but yet I was the one called out for being a scammer here. He also sent me a number of threatening email messages and threats to contact my place of work.

I rang the police and my bank and have been following their advice.

I don't know why paypal didn't award the dispute in my favour. I had my account limited a while back and it was made high risk. I think it was something to do with me accessing it via a secure VPN (that I am required to use for work) and so they weren't sure if it was actually me - but for a long time, I wasn't able to withdraw any of my balance.

In this case again, I'm still out of pocket. I resorted to doing a chargeback after paypal were not cooperative. But in doing so, I've lost my positive balance in my paypal account from some recent sales.

I do not have a long history of fraudulent activity. I've got a long standing history of good trading within these communities, back to the Dior Homme Yahoo Group days, but I'm now mostly active on Facebook groups/Grailed (where I'm an admin).

I hope this was just a misunderstanding, but as this goes on I'd increasingly be willing to suggest people be cautious when trading with sbw4224 as he almost took my money without me receiving the item I ordered.
              Last edited by dash; 03-03-2016, 06:34 AM.
              www.gregdash.net
              @gregjdash

Comment

• sbw4224
                • Sep 2006

Greg, or eBay user natrs88, updated his Facebook profile on February 24th, wearing a Paul Harnden Artist jacket in black -- the identical one I sold him.

Links to Greg's profile picture and the jacket I sold him are below. Anyone familiar with PH will know immediately that it's an artist jacket, but check out the weave of the fabric and the button holes. Identical to the one I sent (Winter Wool/Linen blend from 2-3 years ago).

Greg:

The PH Artist wool/linen blend jacket sold (pictures taken by me):

Comment

• dash
                  • Jul 2010

Rubbish - I never received the item from you. Knowing that you're browsing my Facebook page (from the previous screenshots), I also wouldn't post a picture of me wearing it if I was trying to rip you off. I've dealt with people on here for a number of years so there's people that can vouch for me if needed. In addition to being an admin on a number of big Facebook groups and on grailed - I've proxied for members here without charging. I don't rip people off.

I know I'm not posting on here and getting all angry, etc, but I just followed the proper procedure, got advice and got my money back finally from this transaction that went wrong. I don't have as much time as I used to a few years ago to spend on the forums and the groups because of work and everything else (mostly work though) - so yeh I'm not really as active as I used to be.
                  Last edited by dash; 03-05-2016, 08:46 PM.
                  www.gregdash.net
                  @gregjdash

Comment

• Peasant
                    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by dash View Post
                    If I was trying to rip you off - why would I wear your jacket in my profile picture? :-/
                    Stupidity.

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by dash View Post
                      I've dealt with people on here for a number of years so there's people that can vouch for me if needed. In addition to being an admin on a number of big Facebook groups and on grailed - I've proxied for members here without charging. I don't rip people off.

I don't have as much time as I used to a few years ago to spend on the forums and the groups because of work and everything else (mostly work though) - so yeh I'm not really as active as I used to be.
                      You keep repeating how well known and active and all you are, yet you tip toe around the actual issue. Why are you being cryptical as fuck?

so far all we have are very sketchy details about this transaction on your part. you claimed that instead of the parcel that was sent to you, you happened to receive a different one that just happened to be a jacket as well, just not the right one. This is at least what I understood. Yet you haven't exactly explained what it was that you got though - wrong brand, some cheap no-name jacket, or what? was it in the original package from the sender, or was it a different package and from whom? if I were in this situation, I would sure as hell explain it thoroughly but you are being cryptic with everything, which is typical scammer behavior.

Additionally, it doesn't make it any less sketchy that you use some sort of a forwarding service because you're worried about being stalked or harrased (why this would happen to someone who buys and sells normally - I don't know), you use a VPN for "work" and thus your paypal account was limited, you said you've had a lot of parcels gone missing, one member had an experience where the mail was tracked all the way to your local post office but was claimed as lost (very rare), another member had to file a dispute to get you to ship something... And indeed it does look like you are wearing a very similar jacket in those photos, or do you disagree? You didn't care to explain this, but instead spent time explaining how trustworthy you are which again seems like you are trying to avoid the topic.
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Icarium
                        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Peasant View Post
                        Stupidity.
                        +2, and that you dug deep and could not find another possible reason for posting a pic of a stolen item kinda lays the groundwork for some serious stupidity.

Also waiting for the groundswell of people vouching for you.

Will be great when Lowrey points out that they are all actually you based on IP patterns.

Comment

• curiouscharles
                          • Jan 2008

being associated with facebook groups at all is kind of a huge red flag as well [admin or otherwise].

still waiting for some sort of reasonable post from dash that explains away any of the doubts i have about his claims.

-

Comment

• neongud
                            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by curiouscharles View Post
                            being associated with facebook groups at all is kind of a huge red flag as well [admin or otherwise].
                            How come? There are lots of great guys on the various facebook groups.

Comment

• nahneun
                              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by neongud View Post
                              How come? There are lots of great guys on the various facebook groups.
                              Seems like a very typical appeal to authority. (Ie. Customer complaining at a restaurant says they have been eating said cuisine for x number of years to lay validity to their claim)

Comment

• psidy
                                • Sep 2014

Since alot of stylezeitgeist members shop over at Grailed, I imagine, I thought Id post a warning concerning grailed member "Thirdofwaters" aka Eugene Ansimov aka "Wormwood" over at styleforum and banned ex member "Jin" here.

I paid him $475 for a Carpe Diem shirt in June which I have yet to see.

About a week after payment was made, Eugene sent me a message claiming Portugal Post "redflagged" 20 or so parcels awaiting to be shipped overseas with my shirt being one of those. He claimed that it has not made it out of the country and I should go ahead and file a paypal claim.

I thought wow thats strange, and since he sent the parcel first class the information on Portugals post site was very limited and vague and didnt register at all on USPS's.

The whole circumstance seemed a bit strange so I decided to further investigate. I called USPS hotline and talked to one of their reps. They told me that they only had the information that's found on their website avaiable for me. Thats not much help so I pressed the issue. After a while they decided to transfer me over to the international tracking department. I spoke to the new rep and to my surprise me told me that this package was delivered July 8th and signed for to a good address in Irvine CA. Now the thing is Im located in Chicago, il. Not even close.

After confronting Eugene about this anomaly, he gave me a story that the package was probably deverted and stolen so he told me he would file a claim immediately with Portugal Post.

At this point my spidy senses were on full alert and I decided I cannot trust what this guy's saying so I started doing some research.

A few day passed since telling me he would file a claim right away so naturally the first thing I did was call the post overseas and ask if a claim was filed for the tracking number I provided. They said no so I went ahead and filed one. I also asked if the story he gave me about the redflagged packages had any truth to it. They said no. Then I asked them about the delivery address and they told me the parcel was delivered as addressed to CA. I once again confronted Mr Ansimov with his lies thus far and demanded a refund. Eugene said he would refund me the next day and would send me a copy of the original shipping receipt. That was over a week ago and I haven't heard from him since, he simply stopped responding altogether. Until that point his responses were very prompt

I started to do more reseach and discovered he had similar situations over at styleforum and here. One member was given a tracking number but his package didnt arrive at it's destination. Eugene publically made the excuse that the buyers parcel along with some others were actually sent to one of his "contacts" in LA California to be later distributed and that why there's months delay, ok.....Is it a coincidence that my package was also sent to Irvine Ca which borders LA? Now in my situation he claimed he did not understand why the package was sent to CA. This is before he knew I was aware of his so called LA contacts.

Also note he reused the same pictures for my shirt as he did for a different size he had sold before over on grailed. This could mean something or it could mean nothing.

Anyway the whole thing obviously smells fishy and I know something nefarious is in the works. I have a few theories but Id like to ask members here what your thoughts are.
                                Last edited by psidy; 07-20-2016, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎