Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lohikaarme
    • Jul 2013

I thought Rick stores had a policy of not legit-checking items?

Originally posted by Fenix View Post
    Assuming he is posting real photos. His photos look suspect to me. Also, has anybody seen these jackets faked? They are quite hard to come by in store. It just doesn't seem like my first choice if I was a counterfeiter. More complex production, less demand doesn't bode well for a big return.

So, Dudley, don't keep us in suspense. What happened at the Rick store?

Comment

• Fenix
      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by hausofblaq View Post
      What?
      Which part don't you understand?
      Originally posted by hausofblaq
      Grow up.

Comment

• Fenix
        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
        I thought Rick stores had a policy of not legit-checking items?
        Apparently, he suggested it. I'm just curious how it all turned out because something about this whole thing seems a bit odd. Especially, after seeing he basically pulled the same stunt on upsilonkng.
        Grow up.

Comment

• nahneun
          • Feb 2011

buyer's remorse makes people do dumb things.

Comment

• Fenix
            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by bukka
            Why do you get involve so much? Fucking back off and let the two parties involved clear the situation.
            Let your bud Dud answer for himself. He brought on this shit storm and then bailed because he claimed he wasn't popular. Sorry, I don't like psychopaths.
            Grow up.

Comment

• Fenix
              • Aug 2010

Check his post history, look up the definition of psychopath, and then show me the exaggeration in my last post.

Ha, I'd never have dealt with Dudley just based on his reputation here. I'm sharper than that. Come on, you'll need to do better than that to protect your bud, Bukka.

He jumped ship because his slander didn't generate the reaction he had hoped for. I'm hoping to lure him out of hiding...but it won't work. He's not coming back.
              Grow up.

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by upsilonkng View Post
                I think DG has had maybe more than his share of bad experiences so the impression is things are fake until proven otherwise, i dont think he's a bad guy I think things will get worked out when everyone chills out a little.
                This is probably it.. what's really gone wrong here is threatening people with public shaming and then proceeding to do so when you're not even sure what the deal is. Seems like he was planning the same thing in your case. Bottomline, don't go calling people scammers when they're trying to work things out with you, don't say they told you to fuck off when they didn't, and so on.
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• tapchung
                  • Oct 2013

On another note, great transaction with garbage_queen. Easy to work with, extremely fast shipping!

Comment

• ADreamofBlue
                    • Sep 2015

As an aside... for the frequent buyers/sellers, have you thought about implementing a reference list for your signatures?
                    who slips in to my body and whispers to my ghost?

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                      • Jul 2013

Originally posted by ADreamofBlue View Post
                      As an aside... for the frequent buyers/sellers, have you thought about implementing a reference list for your signatures?
                      Sigs should be something fun and that's bulky and awkward. Maybe a "people I haven't scammed and who haven't scammed me list: pastebin link" might be OK, but that's still tiresome.

If you're really worried, just ask the seller for some references or something.

Comment

• ADreamofBlue
                        • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
                        Sigs should be something fun and that's bulky and awkward. Maybe a "people I haven't scammed and who haven't scammed me list: pastebin link" might be OK, but that's still tiresome.

If you're really worried, just ask the seller for some references or something.
                        When I was in to TCGs it was more a matter of having a thread and updating your post in it, which you'd have a link to in your signature. It's really not that bad to maintain. You can more or less verify someone's validity at a glance. Anyways, just a thought...
                        who slips in to my body and whispers to my ghost?

Comment

• DudleyGray
                          • Jul 2013

I'm waiting for SFV to install, so I'm going to take some time and explain to everyone what happens when you are sold a blatant counterfeit. You guys have shit on me, but you haven't broken my trust the way sshum88 did, so I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt. Maybe you just don't know how it works.

When you receive a blatantly fake product (this was blatant), then the person you are talking to is already not trustworthy. The seller will say whatever it takes to wash his hands of the situation. You would have to be stupid or naive to believe anything he says, because the whole thing started with lies. And the longer you engage with him without taking action, the less of a chance that you have to get your money back.

The first step is to start a PayPal dispute and request a return/refund, because it's the easiest way to get your money back. Some counterfeit sellers do this. An ebay seller sold me a counterfeit once (it's somewhere on the forums), and I'd refused his offer of a return simply because I wanted his head on a stick (which I got, figuratively). That's how I learned about the rest of the process.

If you and the seller disagree on the terms, whether it's because you want nothing less than him in a ditch or because he is denying that it is counterfeit or feigning ignorance, then you have to provide evidence and escalate the PayPal case. It becomes the buyer's responsibility to prove that the merchandise is fake. In the past, comparisons with legit goods were sufficient, but now you need documentation from a qualified third party.

The third party doesn't have to be the flagship retailer. It can be an authorized retailer or authentication service. By the way, don't waste your time with online authentication services; those are their own kind of scam. I "suggested" the Rick store because it is my Disney World. They have the widest selection of Rick pieces at the not-so-lowest prices, and their staff is cool as hell. Seriously, best staff ever, their vibe is a lot more record store clerk than it is designer fashion sales associate.

But authentication wasn't a suggestion, it was an inevitability. So that's what I did with my President's day. I went and visited my high school friend, went to the Rick store, had brunch afterwards, visited INA, chilled at his place in Midtown, and went home. His girlfriend was kind enough to pack me some kalbi jjim for my trek home.

As for what happened at the Rick store? I came away with disappointment; they didn't have the Cyclops cargo boxer shorts in yet.

Oh, and my brain is an alphabet soup of DSM V codes, but psychopath is not one of them...

YET!
                          bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• smudge
                            • Jul 2012

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
                            It becomes the buyer's responsibility to prove that the merchandise is fake. In the past, comparisons with legit goods were sufficient, but now you need documentation from a qualified third party.
                            I won a paypal dispute for a fake BBS tee just a couple months ago by showing them a comparison of the tag that came with the shirt against the tags of all the other BBS pieces in my collection. You may have been unlucky before if they didn't accept that but it might be worth another try next time.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                              • Jul 2013

Originally posted by smudge View Post
                              I won a paypal dispute for a fake BBS tee just a couple months ago by showing them a comparison of the tag that came with the shirt against the tags of all the other BBS pieces in my collection. You may have been unlucky before if they didn't accept that but it might be worth another try next time.
                              Maybe, although I'm done buying used. Fooled me once, shame on ebay, fooled me twice, shame on me for trusting SZ classifieds. It's not really worth it for Rick save for a few golden-era grails, since he puts out the same stuff or cool new stuff every season and given the abundance of deep discount sales and flash sales/outlets/etc.

That said, I recently received pieces from hausofblaq and jap808 that were left over purchases from before all this happened, and they were wonderful to deal with. They handled all my neuroticisms with civility and backed it with legit goods. Civility is worthless otherwise.

Also:

I figure I might as well post that now, since I escalated the case yesterday and PayPal is giving the seller until the end of the month to respond. I didn't want to keep you all in suspense in case he decides to wait out of spite, of course.

When I asked about that seasonal variation cop out that sshum88 gave, they were just like "Yeah...no." So either sshum88 is dishonest or he is not competent at determining whether a piece is authentic but selling it anyways, take your pick.
                              Last edited by DudleyGray; 02-21-2016, 06:30 PM.
                              bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• eaglewood
                                • Feb 2007

On a happier note - Excellent purchase from TheThief. Thanks Danny. J

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎