• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by rickandjulius View Post

Super late to the ccp party but nonetheless. Love this shirt.
    I hate to tell you this but you should think hard about spending your hard-earned cash or your trust fund, or whatever your source of income is on CCP. It doesn't suit you - it seems from this photo that you are built too bulky for CCP. I am too, that's why I stay away from it. CCP looks good mostly on tall, slim people. That's just the way it's cut. Don't take it hard - I am trying to save you time and money.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      I hate to tell you this but you should think hard about spending your hard-earned cash or your trust fund, or whatever your source of income is on CCP. It doesn't suit you - it seems from this photo that you are built too bulky for CCP. I am too, that's why I stay away from it. CCP looks good mostly on tall, slim people. That's just the way it's cut. Don't take it hard - I am trying to save you time and money.
      It looks good on mostly tall slim people because most people who are not tall are afraid to do to it what is needed for it to fit them well.
      One of the sad development of high fashion over the last few years is that most purchases are rather leases or rentals of the clothes, with the mindset of reselling it a few weeks, months or years down the road for whatever reason. this results in people who refuse to alter the clothes to suit their bodies and end up wearing jackets/ coats and other tops with the sleeves too long. Pants with the hems too long and they never get to enjoy the clothes or have it look it's best on them.

That being said, I think RickandJulius suit doesn't look too bad, although it could do with some altering of the sleeve length and pant hem to look better. Maybe he is trying out the look and their is nothing wrong with that, maybe he figures out how to make it work for him, or maybe he decided there are other brands more suitable to his taste......
      Last edited by zamb; 05-11-2015, 12:29 PM.
      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• the breaks
        • Sep 2007

I think it looks good, although un-CCP-esque or something...
        Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• rickandjulius
          • Feb 2014

For what it's worth, this is after a full day of wearing the suit so it's all wrinkly and shit. It looks good when pressed and static. Trust me. Pants are sagging, shirts coming untucked in the pic, etc...

And I don't have a fucking trust fund. Haha

Here's a pic of the suit fresh and not wrinkled. Can't embed, it's too big. http://i.imgur.com/VeFc4g1.jpg

Comment

• Arkady
            • Apr 2011

For what it's worth, this is after a full day of wearing the suit so it's all wrinkly and shit. It looks good when pressed and static. Trust me. Pants are sagging, shirts coming untucked in the pic, etc...

Here's a pic of the suit fresh and not wrinkled. Can't embed, it's too big. http://i.imgur.com/VeFc4g1.jpg
            I think it looks totally fine, perhaps a reduction in sleeve length as mentioned but I certainly wouldn't tell you to shove your trust fund up your ass over it or whatever. Not sure you're gonna win with Faust any time soon.
            Last edited by Arkady; 05-11-2015, 01:55 PM.

Comment

• guardimp
              • Jun 2010

If anything the arms look worse in the second picture. You should definitely shorten them if you plan on keeping the jacket. The shirt looks cool, but kind of gets lost in the jumble.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                • Jul 2013

Shorten the sleeves up. Those are breadsticks, yeah? Did you size them to your thighs and not waist or something because it looks pretty wide (for breadsticks) below the knee?

Comment

• rickandjulius
                  • Feb 2014

I sized them to my waist. I think they fit how they should. I'm going to look into hemming the blazer though.

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

I sized them to my waist. I think they fit how they should. I'm going to look into hemming the blazer though.
                    I can tell you from firsthand knowledge that it will not be easy to hem the blazer.
                    very few people have the knowledge or expertise to do it.
                    Most of Carol blazers come with an already functioning handmade buttonhole or even two with a tuxedo like button closure. on top of that there is pick stitching on the sleeve vent. unless you are willing to forgo this type of construction to achieve a suitable length, you wont be satisfied with the results.

the other alternative is to take it from the shoulder/ armhole seam. bit this poses another problem. Most people doing alterations don't know how, or are afraid to screw up something, so they will just tell you no.

My advice, wear it as is until you are sure this is the look/ type of clothing you really want. if you do, Find a very very skilled alterations house and be prepared to pay a hefty sum (like between $200-300) to have this done. Otherwise, just hem the pants as that is easier..........
                    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
                      I think it looks totally fine, perhaps a reduction in sleeve length as mentioned but I certainly wouldn't tell you to shove your trust fund up your ass over it or whatever. Not sure you're gonna win with Faust any time soon.
                      What's that about? There was nothing personal in my remarks. I would've said that to anyone.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• rickandjulius
                        • Feb 2014

Yeah Zam, I'm sure about ccp. It's all I'm buying. But the blazer is too old to worry about spending that much to tailor it. I'll do that when I buy a brand new one. Pants are already hemmed 5". Perfect length in my mind.

Faust, I didn't take it personally.

Comment

• Shucks
                          • Aug 2010

I'm sure about ccp. It's all I'm buying.
                          i thought it was bbs? or no, wait, was it julius? no, it was rick, right?

Comment

• rickandjulius
                            • Feb 2014

Oh wow, it's almost like people's tastes change over time!

Comment

• gregor
                              • Oct 2014

Originally posted by fit magna caedes
                              Wasn't there a week where he was just buying MA+, LUC, A1923?

At this rate he'll have dumped CCP and be in a full Jeremy Scott phase by Thursday.
                              is js the next phase after ccp?

will we soon see the rest of sz's ccp fans clad in furry zebra shoes and shrek jumpsuits?

as for the minor spat (is that a good word for it?), i don't really think it's merited. i think the shirt looks find, albeit a bit underwhelming for such a beautiful shirt. that's mostly due to the way it was dressed, as i think it could fit a bit more flattering, but it looks fine. it looks fine, just a little boring is all. your body is fine for it, you're just a tad stocky, which is a fine physique for almost any clothes, really.

Comment

• magic
                                • Feb 2009

I will say no to hem the sleeve. It will lost the aesthetic of the blazer.. Honestly it looks fine on sleeve and the rest, of the 2nd picture.
                                Focusing on object details

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎