X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tomatous
    Banned
    • Jan 2009

Just got back, great time in NYC - The Soho grand could not have been a better place to host this event. Great meeting everyone I did. Always fun trying to put a name to a face, especially when the face is blurred out :)

Vanna - you left just before that mysterious interest1 showed up with a full French manicure! Ambulance had to be called for all the damage that caused.. ;)

Thanks again Faust and co. I read the magazine from cover to cover on the flight back. Fantastic first edition, I am eagerly awaiting the next installment.

Comment

• Who?
      • Aug 2007

Excellent meeting everyone, wish we could have stayed longer. Congrats E and the SZ crew. Worth being an annual event.
      WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• interest1
        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Vanna View Post
        Wish I was able to meet and chat with a few others that I recognized.
        Was looking forward to meeting Interest but didn't see her.Fuuma is pretty awesome, along with Who?. SZers are good people, and the magazine was gorgeous. Congrats, Faust and company!
        Oh, but I WAS there.
        I had a friend in town who I hadn't seen in 17 years, so that delayed me by more than I'd have liked. I would've liked to meet you, too, and a few other characters
        (rider, kunk..) –but apparently, a number of you have an earlier bedtime than I would have expected. Did you leave early?!
        (this is what happens when we don't stay & play past the free drinkie cut-off!)
        Oh I'm kidding! kinda. I actually managed to sneak in – just as Lowery & his camera left the building (um, oops!), but I assure you, I was certainly there!
        (I was the girl in the leather corset.)

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
        hey now i was hoping for a little play by play in here, what with the smartphones and all. who got drunk and acted a fool? who snuck off to the broom closet together? who picked a fight with kunk just to see if they could take him? who got drunk and made inappropriate comments to the ladies of sz since i wasn't there to do it?
        All that & then some could've gone down but a camera phone couldn't have proven any of it; the bar was that dark. In fact, I'm surprised anyone was actually visible, when you factor in that 100% of guests wore, um, black. ;) Imagery from the publication was projected across the wall (and looked quite beautiful), thus the reason for pitch-darkery..

Good thing I have 20/20 vision though, because I could tell you:
        ✔ who got so drunk they fell onto a plant (and managed to look fab as ever at work today) ✔ who was practically gyrating on some chick at the end of the bar (lolz) ✔ who looks better in their photos than, (sshhhh), in person ✔ who's exactly the opposite

But I won't.
        Instead, after having made the rounds, I will say that:

✔ Yes. Fuuma actually does have a cigarette dangling from the lip at any given . . . . .hour, just as I'd envisioned

Tomatous is just as funny & down-to-earth as he is on the forum. I had fun . . . . . .showing you NY today!

MBD is tiny & adorable (and I'm pretty certain we were the only two who . . . . . . . . weren't head-to-toe in black!)

TheAddict's personality kicks even more ass in person than in his posts

hamletpowpowpow gives good compliment

✔ Grandmaster Faust's girlfriend is prettier each time I see her

. . .and so on & so forth..

And yes, E, it should be an annual thing! Nothing but good energy all around.

Heck, we may've even succeeded in disproving that early (& highly entertaining) SZ rumor that I was prolly a dick-oven-lovin' dude in drag, so hey!

But then again, nobody actually felt for an adam's apple (among other things),
        so I say fuck it; let it stand.
        Last edited by interest1; 09-09-2011, 10:36 AM. Reason: Realized I didn't use the word "fuck" at all; naturally, this needed correcting.
        sain't

Comment

• Vanna
          • May 2008

Originally posted by tomatous View Post
          Just got back, great time in NYC - The Soho grand could not have been a better place to host this event. Great meeting everyone I did. Always fun trying to put a name to a face, especially when the face is blurred out :)

Vanna - you left just before that mysterious interest1 showed up with a full French manicure! Ambulance had to be called for all the damage that caused.. ;)

Thanks again Faust and co. I read the magazine from cover to cover on the flight back. Fantastic first edition, I am eagerly awaiting the next installment.
          bahahah. I would have loved to have been there to see a certain forum member give sideways glances at the manicure.

Btw, it was really great to meet you Tomatous! Too bad we didn't get to chat more. It was sort of sensory overload with the trying to fit drapes to faces.

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
          Oh, but I WAS there.
          I had a friend in town who I hadn't seen in 17 years, so that delayed me by more than I'd have liked.
          I would've liked to meet you, too, and a few other characters (rider, kunk..) –
          but apparently, a number of you have an earlier bedtime than I would have expected. Did you leave early?!
          (this is what happens when we don't stay & play past the free drinkie cut-off!)
          Oh I'm kidding! kinda. I actually managed to sneak in – just as Lowery & his camera left the building (um, oops!), but I assure you, I was certainly there!
          (I was the girl in the leather corset.)
          I totally left early. My friends had a table at Boom Boom and at the Jane hotel. Had to hop around to continue our night of free drinking. Besides, I was getting a little silly and didn't want to be the one falling head first into the fireplace. I'm sad we didn't cross paths, your outfit and manicure sound hot. (Apparently I'm on a fire kick).
          Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
            but apparently, a number of you have an earlier bedtime than I would have expected.
            We left at 6am our time

...and just when it was absolutely pouring down. You know it rains when you have an umbrella and still every single piece of clothing you have on is soaked

Nice meeting some new faces in addition to the old ones. Some people had trouble recognizing me as my head wasn't cut off. I wanted to wear a t-shirt that says I AM ZBOSS on the front and WTFROSENAKER on the back, but apparently Atelier sold out of these.
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• AKA*NYC
              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
              Nice meeting some new faces in addition to the old ones. Some people had trouble recognizing me as my head wasn't cut off. I wanted to wear a t-shirt that says I AM ZBOSS on the front and WTFROSENAKER on the back, but apparently Atelier sold out of these.
              i was definitely one of them! after i put together all the pieces i realize that you were walking a block ahead of us on the way there (although i took a detour that cost us the open bar) and that we also left at around the same time. i just couldn't put a name to the face thinking "i should know who that is" and later it dawned on me.

not quite sure how i managed not to meet a single soul while spending over an hour there. were you there s-a?

still it was great to chat with old pals and peruse the magazine which was really the highlight of the evening as it should have been.

congrats to all and i'll look forward to the launch party for volume 2.
              LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• morsto
                • Nov 2008

not gonna lie, I'm craving these pictures hard
                I do not recognise the vessel,
                but the eyes seem so familiar

Comment

• rider
                  eyes of the world
                  • Jun 2009

It was nice talk to the few people I did. I had been looking forward to this party for awhile, not knowing what to expect. it was a broody, moody, scene with photographic dichotomies illuminating the wall. It was a titch loud and difficult to hear what many of your names were, so i am sure i spoke with people and didn't realize who they were...I remember zam's huge smile and the Comme girl who bounces around with robin williams enthusiasm, all high energy and happy as hell. i want to live her life for a day...

Who fell? now i know it was Marco. glad you didnt get hurt, wildman.
                  Addict you have the best smile and are so approachable.
                  Aka I think i met you, was it u? If so we are both in creative.

Dj mike, you are so sweet and much more softspoken than I expected, it was great meeting you.

E your friend from upstate was so proud of you an a very cool dude, what was his name again? charles?

mbd you are an interesting woman for sure, a pleasure.

Interest I can't believe you came and I missed you...f**k I ressly wanted to say hi, I had leather on too :-)

Thanks E for a real NYC hoedown and congrats on a blast of a launch that is a visual benchmark!

lastly, Laika, without you and lillet I might have sat in the corner all night. you bring me out of my shell.
                  Last edited by rider; 09-09-2011, 10:45 PM. Reason: never post on xanax again

Comment

• rider
                    eyes of the world
                    • Jun 2009

Sorry for the jumbled mess above I am on an iPhone at a family
                    funeral and trying to post

it's time for an ipad

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

a few pictures. sorry, these are not very good, it was beyond dark and my proper flash was awol.

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• magic
                        • Feb 2009

Congrats E. Hope to see more insight of this event.

Edit: just saw the pics. Thanks A!
                        Last edited by magic; 09-09-2011, 11:33 AM.
                        Focusing on object details

Comment

• TheThief
                          • Mar 2011

I wanted to say thanks again to everyone who came from far (and near) to show support. It means a great deal.

Didnt get a chance to meet many of you, unfortunately I was on magazine sales & protection duty and couldnt party much ....and I kept trying to hunt down Alex but he managed to evade me every time.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Great photos, lowrey! Thanks!

I am glad so many people showed up from far and wide - it's truly heart-warming.
                            And thank you for the compliments on the magazine - I promise you won't be disappointed. We worked very hard on it.

I hope Macro didn't break his back.

It was A LOT of fun. Next stop - London!
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
                              • Jan 2007

Who was the woman in blackface
                              Originally posted by jogu
                              i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• MikeN
                                • Nov 2007

Honestly I kind of wish everyone did have name tags on because I didn't know who half the people at the party were and I was curious about some of them...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎