X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Yea, I remember some minimalist Ketel One vodka ads, which I thought were as bad as the swill they tried to sell.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Torchiere
      • May 2009

Originally posted by wire.artist
      I actually tried that once in a magazine for an add, all white page and it worked awfully...you could notice the text of the following page through it....magazines aren't very well printed nowadays...
      How about the ad spans two pages, the front is all white, then the back page has the four stitches?

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Pinoy View Post
        If I'm interpreting the sentence correctly, Margiela's compensation to design 6-8 collections was €5 million? If we take €5 million, divide it by 7 collections, and convert it into dollars, Margiela's compensation was a little over $1,000,000 per collection? Assuming 2 collections a year, he made over $2,000,000 a year?!

Or am I not interpreting the sentence correctly and that would be the total compensation for the group of 28 designers?
        I think maybe they considered 0, 1, 4, 10, 14, 11, 22, and mm6 to be the 8 collections? But then there's also 8, 12, and 13, though they're not really "collections". Either way, it's not very well worded. And that aside, who cares how much money Margiela walks away with.
        Originally posted by jogu
        i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• zamb
          • Nov 2006

the official demise of the the great one...............

lets see how this brand will survive without its "mind"
          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• swami
            • Jul 2008

braille on white?

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by zamb View Post
              the official demise of the the great one...............

lets see how this brand will survive without its "mind"
              it would survive well enough, i'd think. its bread and butter are pretty standard issue stuff that can be marketed ad naseum. yes, some of us will no longer buy it because without margiela it becomes quirky banana republic, but there are so many people that are looking for safe clothing under the label of the avant-garde, that this seems like a slam-dunk.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Your own Marigela spa suite, at 650EUR a night. Looks kinda neat actually.

Pic from NYT

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

In other Margiela WTF news - Michael Stripe for Margiela - a cassete necklace. Time for "The Margiela Watch" thread?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• whitney
                    • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    it would survive well enough, i'd think. its bread and butter are pretty standard issue stuff that can be marketed ad naseum. yes, some of us will no longer buy it because without margiela it becomes quirky banana republic, but there are so many people that are looking for safe clothing under the label of the avant-garde, that this seems like a slam-dunk.
                    safe like brand synergy?

some number collections are pretty mellow compared to his runway line.

there was an earlier article i read, credit going to whizkit that pretty much states what i've been hearing around.

Margiela Sans Margiela

LAUREN MILLIGAN 03 October 2009 0 Comments
                    AFTER months of whispers surrounding his future within his eponymous Maison, Renzo Rosso has confirmed that Martin Margiela is no longer directly involved in the designing of the label. Unsubstantiated whispers have suggested Haider Ackermann could be set to take the reigns, but Rosso insists the new direction lies in a new team.
                    "Martin has not been there for a long time," Russo told WGSN. "He is here but not here. We have a new fresh design team on board. We are focusing on young, realistic energy for the future; this is really Margiela for the year 2015."
                    Rosso, founder and owner of Diesel, bought a majority stake in Maison Martin Margiela in 2002 and remains involved in both companies today.
                    you stole my signature :insert mad face:

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎