X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Law
    • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Sufi View Post
    KVA's appointment isn't really that surprising. With the likes of Hedi, Kim, Virgil and KVA, it's obvious LVMH are chasing the millennial customers. Sad to see the current state of fashion...
    You mean the I-generation?

Comment

• Fuuma
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Law View Post
      LVMH clinging to what’s left of the residual spirit of the Hedi good old days?
      Hedi is back in the LVMH fold...
      Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Law
        • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
        Hedi is back in the LVMH fold...
        I meant as far as Dior Homme is concerned. But yes, will be interesting to see what direction he takes Celine.

Comment

• Muji
          • Feb 2017

For me it looks like they just had to put KVA somewhere, he has a long history within LVMH. Haider was just there and because his own label is no part of the conglomerate it was probably an easy shuffle for them. Still a weird decision because apparently the sales numbers at Berluti were growing.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Muji View Post
            For me it looks like they just had to put KVA somewhere, he has a long history within LVMH. Haider was just there and because his own label is no part of the conglomerate it was probably an easy shuffle for them. Still a weird decision because apparently the sales numbers at Berluti were growing.
            I don't think they need to do anything just to be nice. I am still puzzled. Anyway, whatevs. One more shore to scratch off my calendar.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ian+
              • Dec 2011

There is a rumor that Haider is going to Lanvin but I don't know if it's true at all.
              ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• Law
                • Dec 2013

Originally posted by ian+ View Post
                There is a rumor that Haider is going to Lanvin but I don't know if it's true at all.
                That could be interesting, continuing of from Elbaz's romantic sensibilities, in a slightly more raw vein could work.

Comment

• Law
                  • Dec 2013

Very sad and disturbing news if true.

Prospects for fashion label Haider Ackermann are certainly bleak: the company is making heavy losses and does not find a buyer.

Comment

• haydn
                    • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Law View Post
                    Very sad and disturbing news if true.

https://www.retaildetail.eu/en/news/...ider-ackermann
                    I’m sure a big hit to his ego. Most of his work isn’t exactly retail friendly and can be a challenge to wear. He needs better business around him and somebody to improve his commercial strategy. Anyway, he’s already working on women’s at another brand;

Haider Ackermann's first collection for the Belgian brand Maison Ullens, where he was just named creative consultant, will be fall 2021.

Never heard of the brand, but it’s owned and operated by “ Baroness Myriam Ullens de Schooten” who is aparently a regular at fashion shows (including Haiders). So hopefully she can bankroll him back into business.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

/\ Truer words have never been spoken
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Anton
                        • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        KVA is the greatest mystery to me. Here is a nonentity who has been incredibly successful retaining incredibly lucrative positions.
                        Mystery? That is exactly what the businesses wants - someone who makes everyone feel comfortable and there are no surprises. You know exactly what you're getting with KVR, no controversies, people are going to be comfortable, retail will be (probably) happy and everyone can say that they have a real designer in house who's doing "amazing things for the brand's creative direction, revolutionising while paying homage to blah blah blah...". You essentially want people who are brand friendly, whatever the brand is (across industries).

The average consumer just buys the brand name, the average Nike consumer and Berluti might be different 'personas' but in reality they can be after very similar things with some social differences. If they barely pay attention to the quality of the product it's almost certain that they will not be paying attention to design sophistication (Is there a quality difference between a 50$ sweatshirt and a 500$ one? I have my doubts) or anything else I think. There are some exception, but overall this is just a progression of different brands in the directions that similar brands have taken some years ago.
                        Last edited by Anton; 04-11-2021, 04:36 AM.
                        I love beautiful melodies, telling me terrible things.
                        My Music: https://soundcloud.com/iamanton

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Anton View Post
                          Mystery? That is exactly what the businesses wants - someone who makes everyone feel comfortable and there are no surprises. You know exactly what you're getting with KVR, no controversies, people are going to be comfortable, retail will be (probably) happy and everyone can say that they have a real designer in house who's doing "amazing things for the brand's creative direction, revolutionising while paying homage to blah blah blah...". You essentially want people who are brand friendly, whatever the brand is (across industries).

The average consumer just buys the brand name, the average Nike consumer and Berluti might be different 'personas' but in reality they can be after very similar things with some social differences. If they barely pay attention to the quality of the product it's almost certain that they will not be paying attention to design sophistication (Is there a quality difference between a 50$ sweatshirt and a 500$ one? I have my doubts) or anything else I think. There are some exception, but overall this is just a progression of different brands in the directions that similar brands have taken some years ago.

I mean, that's valid, but then why pay this guy a lot of money to do it? He's not a celebrity designer, he doesn't drive sales. It's strange.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• haydn
                            • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            I mean, that's valid, but then why pay this guy a lot of money to do it? He's not a celebrity designer, he doesn't drive sales. It's strange.
                            https://wwd.com/menswear-news/mens-d...ti-1234805166/

And Van Assche is finally out. Berluti shifted him to replace Haider because “he understood accessories”, and let him go because they wanted to “set the pace of their collections”. Neither of which are surely correct. Likely he was under contract at Dior and it was cheaper to move him to Berluti and make room for Kim Jones. LVMH saying they are taking back control and pace of their collections is an odd choice, as Van Assche would have had little to do with setting the pace of his twice yearly RTW collections which only reach a handful of stores.

Anyway, still feel Haider was robbed in the Dior-Vuitton-Berluti shuffle, but Van Assche and his mediocrity out the door (and likely not to another house) is a small victory.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎