X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • docus
    • Dec 2010

SOLD: ☯ m.a+ raglan blazer ☯ 46

I am mainly looking for cash, but I will consider trades for items by Carpe Diem and related labels, e.g. LUC, MA+, Avantindietro, Individual Sentiments, Marvielab, Layer-0, Guidi, etc. I am Italian size 46, CDiem size 2, footwear 40-41 (42 in Guidi). In particular, I am interested in blazers, boots and derbies.

----------

m.a+ raglan blazer (size 46) - SOLD - thanks for your interest!

Up for an interest check or trade is a superb and rare m.a+ raglan blazer from SS10, made from linen and cotton, in size 46 (please see measurements for details).

I do not believe this iteration of the raglan blazer has ever been available on SZ before. In my opinion, this is the most classic piece Amadei ever made, and a true grail. It retailed for $2,500.

The colour is a beautiful deep charcoal / black.

The fabric is a sumptuous mix of linen and cotton, which is a perfect weight, not too thin like some other iterations. The texture is sublime.

The condition is perfect, flawless - it has hardly been worn.

There are classic Amadei features throughout, most notably the anatomical raglan seam-work on the back and shoulders. It offers such graceful movement. In my opinion, this cut represents the purest distillation of Amadei's metaphysical vision, with the intersecting planes of the 'cross' providing the nexus from which his beautiful anatomical curves emanate. The cross is, of course, also found in the 925 sterling silver cross on the sleeve.

Details include vertical slit pockets, notched lapels (the collar can be worn up or down, for a more formal look), and a polished horn button.

It is a stunning piece, quintessentially Amadei - the most perfect iteration of his most classic piece.

Here are the measurements:

- shoulder to shoulder: impossible to measure due to raglan construction, but equivalent to approx 42cm
    - pit to pit: 49cm
    - waist: 47cm
    - sleeve: impossible to measure due to raglan construction, but equivalent to approx 67cm
    - length (with collar standing up): 77cm
    - length (with collar folded over): 71cm

----------

Last edited by docus; 08-07-2012, 07:04 PM.
  • BSR
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by docus View Post
    In my opinion, this cut represents the purest distillation of Amadei's metaphysical vision, with the intersecting planes of the 'cross' providing the nexus from which his beautiful anatomical curves emanate. The cross is, of course, also found in the 925 sterling silver cross on the sleeve.
    Beautiful item and wonderful description
    i wish there would be more members like docus around there... i also wish i hadn't copped like a maniac just before he put this on sale .
    pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
    Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• docus
      • Dec 2010

Thanks Ben! It certainly is a beautiful item, and I'm glad my description did it some (limited) justice...! I do find Amadei's work has an intellectual / metaphysical dimension which I enjoy - he's a lot more than the CDiem recycler he's sometimes over-simplistically portrayed as here.

I was thinking some more about the 'cross', and its role and meaning in the centre of Amadei's work. The crucifix is immediately invoked, with its conjunction of spirit and flesh. There is an inherent dualism in a cross. Going on from there, we might also think of the supposed interweaving of mind and body in the so-called 'self'. My thoughts then move to the influence / confluence of two parents - sexually, genetically and psychologically, and our individual development from that fundamental intersection.

As well as these spiritual, psychological and sexual aspects of the self, there is also a sartorial association to the 'stitch', the cross which forms the primal knot at the centre of all garments.

Anyway, I'll consider trades for the raglan blazer - there might be someone out there with something similarly special who fancies a change. Dig deep in those wardrobes and let me know!
      Last edited by docus; 07-18-2012, 08:40 AM.

Comment

• longwalker
        • Jul 2012

yepl learn a lot!

Comment

• longwalker
          • Jul 2012

this is a dream!

Comment

• docus
            • Dec 2010

Offers and trade suggestions considered!

m.a+ never goes on sale. The raglan blazers are timeless, the most sought after pieces each season - this one is in perfect condition and is available for considerably less than retail - you are very unlikely to find a deal like this anywhere else.

Here is another photo showing the fit - this one is made from different fabric, but the cut is the same.

Sold, thanks for your interest!
            Last edited by docus; 08-07-2012, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎