X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Casius
    • Dec 2006

Re: Carol Christian Poell

Had the opportunity to handle and check out some of the SS07 CCP at Maxfield and I was pretty impressed. I liked the boots a lot more in person as you can really get an appreciation for the leather and distressing. As for clothing, I saw one overlock leather jacket in a white/greyish tone that was very nice looking, although I can't wear white outerwear myself, just something about it.....anyway......A bunch of button down shirts, mostly all white with really weird pricing. The pricing of the shirts ranged from $300-800. One of the more interesting button down shirts was a button down collar shirt where you can pick what button to button the collar to and that shirt was the cheapest out of them all (I'm definitely going back for that one!). No twist jeans, only some of the standard trouser pants in charcoal and black, which I actually found quite underwhelming. The blazers were my favorite outerwear/coat being sold. The serge contrast on the inside is really cool, and the slight pinstriping colors on one of the blazers was quite muted but very cool up close.
    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Marc
      • Apr 2007

Hello Kucejoe![:)]

I'm new to stylezeitgeist, but someone told me this is a great place to discuss interests in fashion and as i was searching the site, i found a pic of these boots. i love Carol Christian Poell and these boots are gorgeous! i want them. i own a pair of CCP boots and one ofhis jackets. i think i have to cool it. I've done a little too much shopping recently. I just wanted to say i love these boots. Good taste!

I hope to hear from you soon "kucejoe".

Marc

Comment

• Johnny
        • Sep 2006

could anyone tell me how CCP trousers typically fit in teh waist - i.e true to size or not.IF i'm a 32 waist what size shoul di go for?

Comment

• xcoldricex
          • Sep 2006

you should fit into a 48. they fit true in my experience (i'm also a 32)

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="Johnny"]could anyone tell me how CCP trousers typically fit in teh waist - i.e true to size or not.IF i'm a 32 waist what size shoul di go for?[/quote]

true to size most of the times. they can be a little tighter, maybe by 1-2cm, but it's rather rare. I think Poell makes best pants, period - go for it!

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Johnny
              • Sep 2006

thanks chaps. i think i may go for a 50 and get them tailored down if required. truth is i'm more of a 32.2 than a 32....fat git.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="Johnny"]thanks chaps. i think i may go for a 50 and get them tailored down if required. truth is i'm more of a 32.2 than a 32....fat git.[/quote]

Can you have them measure the back of the waist? You can do the same for your favorite pair of pants, and then make your decision.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• deuxmille
                  • Nov 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

[quote user="Johnny"]could anyone tell me how CCP trousers typically fit in teh waist - i.e true to size or not. IF i'm a 32 waist what size shoul di go for?[/quote]

true to size most of the times. they can be a little tighter, maybe by 1-2cm, but it's rather rare. I think Poell makes best pants, period - go for it!

[/quote]

He does make some of the nicest pants out there. Usually they fit true to size as everyone already noted, but I found that the pairs I tried on this season were quite a bit tighter in the waist.

Comment

• Casius
                    • Dec 2006

Looks like the AW 07 CCP is going to show very soon.

From tomorrow because of the exhibition of 07AW of CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL it goes to Milan!

This time also well-known Reiko accompanies together in the Reiko diary.

As for SHOWROOM of CAROL there is the Milan suburb and it means that access is serious, but each time adjusting to the concept of the collection, main person of CAROL changes the interior of SHOWROOM.

This is impression truly!!!

Because it returns on the 28th, please enjoy collection report!

*excuse the poor Google translation.

Comment

• nairb49
                      • Dec 2006

Yes, that translation does leave something to be desired...

but nonetheless, exciting!

Comment

• Servo2000
                        • Oct 2006

[quote user="nairb49"]Yes, that translation does leave something to be desired...

but nonetheless, exciting!
                        [/quote]

I think you mean, "This is impression truly!!!"
                        WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Casius
                          • Dec 2006

Haha, yea, I wish I could translate it myself because google translator always gives me some crazy translations.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

Mmm, very exciting! He comes out with some really cool new stuff every season almost without fail. This collection (if the photo is of his entire showroom) looks to be quite large this coming season!

Can't wait to see his new take on the leather jacket, the pants, and of course the accessories. A/W is ALWAYS the best season for menswear!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

From Barneys Tokyo

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
                                • Dec 2006

That denim blazer is pretty cool!

Also, the A/W line is showinng tomorrow (Italy time of course). Can't wait to see it.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎