• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Dover Street Market

My friend just sent me the pictures I took in London. Here is DSM, firsthand! I will write up more on my blog.

Entrance (and my friend... and actually me in reflection, lol)

Ann Demeulemeester corner

Raf Simons corner

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • macuser3of5
    • Sep 2006

Re: Dover Street Market

Hmm, any insight on when the DSM webshop is going to open? I'm looking for one of the Raf Simons double-layer zip parka-things, and I have no idea who else would stock it. Cool store, I hope to go there sometime. :)

This is the jacket:

I would probably size down to a 36, but damn, it's awesome.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="macuser3of5"]

Hmm, any insight on when the DSM webshop is going to open? I'm looking for one of the Raf Simons double-layer zip parka-things, and I have no idea who else would stock it. Cool store, I hope to go there sometime. :)

This is the jacket:

[/quote]

Online shop should be open by the end of this month. They did not have this jacket in stock as far as I can remember.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dontbecruel
        • Sep 2006

I think Selfridges in London has that coat or one uncannily similar.

Comment

• darkanimal
          • Sep 2006

Best store ever!! A+++ I'm eagerly awaiting for the webshop to launch as I have to use my store credit. Not unless someone in the UK wants to help me out and use it instead, I will throw in some freebie £ credit for you to spend.

Comment

• mic
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

My friend just sent me the pictures I took in London. Here is DSM, firsthand! I will write up more on my blog.

Entrance (and my friend... and actually me in reflection, lol)

http://img105.imageshack.us/my.php?i...mg2090jt5.jpg][IMG]http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/4816/img2090jt5.th.jpg

Ann Demeulemeester corner

http://img105.imageshack.us/my.php?i...mg2089eu0.jpg][IMG]http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/461/img2089eu0.th.jpg

Raf Simons corner

http://img105.imageshack.us/my.php?i...mg2087ad8.jpg][IMG]http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/4274/img2087ad8.th.jpg

[/quote]

how much is the boots with zippers retailed for in the raf simons corner?

Comment

• Fuuma
              • Sep 2006

Go to Selfridges, they had the 36/46 in stock a few weeks ago. Cool coat but quite voluminous
              Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
              http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="mic"]

how much is the boots with zippers retailed for in the raf simons corner?

[/quote]

I don't remember to be honest. I don't think I looked because I did not like them in the first place.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

New edition of DSM paper is out. Looks like the online shop finally opens on Dec. 1.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bakla
                    • Oct 2006

[quote user="macuser3of5"]

This is the jacket:

[/quote]

I am in love with that coat. But I can confirm for you that DSM doesn't have that one - I've been in contact with them about a similar one, where the puffer portion is separate and inside the wool, and in navy, of which they had a 46. Barneys recently received their stock of the DSM version as well, but in the gray/baclk colors above. If you're a 48, you would likely need the 46, which may have been sold already. I wear a 46 and it was too large on me when I tried it, the shoulders did not sit right, nor did they drop properly. Perhaps I'm too short for it, I don't know.

As far as that coat is concerned, I have scoured the planet for it with no joy. Only one store I know of (aside from Japan, which I haven't checked both for language and assumed pricing reasons) supposedly ordered it, but as of yet, they have not emailed me to say they have received it, and I have phoned them internationally almost every week since September. Other London stockists said they did not want to stock those particular coats because the price point was so high (DSM is selling theirs for around $2300, and Barneys is selling theirs for $2700). I called Selfridges weeks ago but the SAs I spoke to said they didn't have it as Fuuma said, and I tried to describe it as much as possible (down to the exit number in the Raf runway show). I tried to get a local store to order it for me but they unfortunately only have a 50 left at the showroom.[:'(]

Comment

• bakla
                      • Oct 2006

[quote user="Fuuma"]Go to Selfridges, they had the 36/46 in stock a few weeks ago. Cool coat but quite voluminous[/quote]

Did you actually get to see it, fuuma? And it wasn't one of the reversed versions, with the puffer layer inside?

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Well, it's December 1 - no sign of e-shop. Why is it so hard to do this? I know it's not, because there is even ready off the shelf software for setting up a shop. Lame.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bakla
                          • Oct 2006

[quote user="Faust"]Well, it's December 1 - no sign of e-shop. Why is it so hard to do this? I know it's not, because there is even ready off the shelf software for setting up a shop. Lame.
                          [/quote]

Actually, faust, as someone who's worked in the interactive, web and ecommerce industries for the past 12 years, it's not that easy, even today. Off the shelf solutions are rarely viable out of the box and still need to be tweaked and customized (not to mention designed, as most of them are total shite), and it's much preferable to delay and get it right than to have it launch early and not really make it as secure as possible, or screw up when you send out orders. And you forget that they also need to have fulfillment in place, something busy high-end stores may not necessarily be equipped to do - UPS boxes packed and stored on their selling floors are not an option. And if calling DSM is any indication, the sales people had to get back to me in several days to find out the rigors of shipping items. The paradigm of an online store is way different from brick & mortar, and not an easy transition no matter what Yahoo or ebay stores or may make you think. And those off the shelf solutions are usually the easiest to hack, so a higher profile store is going to want to make sure they have better ones in place, and even huge emerchants still have to constantly make sure their sites are secure in every single new browser that emerges.

So NO, it's not that easy.[8-|]

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

/\ [8-|] lol

Still, they've been doing it for over a year probably, pushing the deadlines back several times. It's CDG, a huge company, they could hire someone proficient enough.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dontbecruel
                              • Sep 2006

Listed as coming on the 4th now (Monday).

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎