X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Casius
    • Dec 2006

Mens Jewelry

Well, I figure we have footwear and bags, might as well add jewelry to the list. I'm always intrigued with jewelry (although I don't own too much) as I believe it adds a nice, subtle touch to an outfit.

I'll kick 'er off....

Betony Vernon
    This thing is crazy.

CCP
    I always love Carol's jewelry, very rustic and gnarly looking.

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"
  • kamsky
    • Jan 2007

Re: Mens Jewelry

/\ if you want to make one that looks fairly identical, those are the the type of nails that are used to attach horseshoes to hooves; i've no clue where one could find them, but i am guessing it would not be all that difficult. i think they have a proper name, as well, though what it may be is well beyond me. if you do make one, please post pics of the results.

Comment

• explicit
      • Jan 2007

[quote user="Casius"]

This weekends' DIY is to replicate the CCP nail ring. I might try and do that bracelet as well when I have some time, they would look really cool paired together.

[/quote]

I just ordered some horseshoe nails. They should arrive middle of next week; next weekend, then, will be when I attempt to make that bracelet. I'll post pics during/after.

Comment

• Seventh
        • Dec 2006

Wanted to revive this thread.

Two main questions:

-- Did anyone make either the Poell nail ring or the bracelet?

-- Also, I am looking for advice on jewelry. For a long time I have had a desire to have a large antique mens ring (perhaps in white gold) with a large stone (not particularly precious, but heavy and old). Any recommendation how and where I should look? FYI, I know next to nothing about jewelry. How do I determine quality? Not get ripped off? Are there traditional styles of rings that I should be aware of, etc??
        I don't want to break the bank on this, but would like something unusual and with a history (preferably not cursed...[:P])

thanks.

Comment

• Casius
          • Dec 2006

[quote user="Seventh"]

Wanted to revive this thread.

Two main questions:

-- Did anyone make either the Poell nail ring or the bracelet?

-- Also, I am looking for advice on jewelry. For a long time I have had a desire to have a large antique mens ring (perhaps in white gold) with a large stone (not particularly precious, but heavy and old). Any recommendation how and where I should look? FYI, I know next to nothing about jewelry. How do I determine quality? Not get ripped off? Are there traditional styles of rings that I should be aware of, etc??
          I don't want to break the bank on this, but would like something unusual and with a history (preferably not cursed...[:P])

thanks.

[/quote]

I'm waiting till I see my Aunt this next week to get some horse shoe nails, then I'll start making the ring.

As for antique rings,or antique-esque, I think David Yurman might be a good bet. You can sometimes find some cool old rings online or ebay and he has some rings in the collection now that might suit what you're looking for. This season he is using a lot of exotic woods, diniosaur bone, chevron, etc. set into sterling silver.
          www.davidyurman.com

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Seventh, antique jewelry is an esoteric market - who really knows what goes on there! It's like antique furniture. I would definitely suggest picking up a book on it before you go hunting.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Seventh
              • Dec 2006

[quote user="Faust"]Seventh, antique jewelry is an esoteric market - who really knows what goes on there! It's like antique furniture. I would definitely suggest picking up a book on it before you go hunting.
              [/quote]

yes, i imagined as much...

But does anybody know which book to pick up before the hunting? (typing "men's, antique, jewelry" in amazon does not lead to particularly promising results...)

Comment

• Seventh
                • Dec 2006

bump...

anyone out there know how to buy an antique ring?

ps. thank for recommending David Yurman, Casius. unfortunately it is not quite right for me (little too clean, not romantic enough)...

Comment

• explicit
                  • Jan 2007

Seventh, I'm in the middle of making the horseshoe nail bracelet (made a few S-shapes to get the hang of it, and I'll probably finish it off next weekend). I'm planning to make the long nail ring afterward (seems itself pretty straightforward).

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

Exciting!!!!!

I am on the edge of my seat waiting to see photos... then I'm gonna order me some nails :)

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Servo2000
                      • Oct 2006

I have to admit I'm quite a fan of the Chronicles of Never line.

Their "Myspce. Disgusting. Has some hard to view pictures on it. People need to stop using Myspace for anything other than socializing.
                      WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Casius
                        • Dec 2006

That's pretty cool stuff Servo. I actually just saw two of thier rings last night at American Rag (didn't know what the brand was when I saw them) but they looked cool, very industrial looking.

Comment

• Casius
                          • Dec 2006

Anyone know if Laura B has a website for her jewelry? (The only stockist I know of is A and I'm looking to see what other pieces she makes)

Comment

• ddohnggo
                            • Oct 2006

you should ask satoru at A. i believe he's good friends with her and can probably help you out. i might get a wedding band made from her soon.
                            Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Casius
                              • Dec 2006

That would be dope Joey! And thanks for the tip, I'll definiely give him a call about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎