• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Worldwide Shopping Maps

Hey all,

I wanted to invite you all to participate in creating SZ oriented shopping maps. This would be cool for traveling. I started doing a New York one. We have people around the world here, and it would be great if could chip in and create something cool.

Here are instructions from Google on how to customize maps.

The only thing I am not sure about is how to add destinations by more than one author. The way we could get around it is by placing suggestions in this thread and then incorporating them by the original author.

North America

NEW YORK CITY

CITY OF ANGELS

SAN FRANCISCO

Europe

AMSTERDAM

ANTWERP

BERLIN

BRUSSELS

COPENHAGEN

LONDON

MOSCOW

OSLO

PARIS 1

VIENNA

Asia

HONG KONG

KYOTO

JAPAN (OUTER)
    Last edited by Faust; 06-12-2009, 10:39 AM.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • Casius
    • Dec 2006

Re: Worldwide Shopping Maps

Whoa, that is cool Faust! I'll try and do one for L.A.
    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Divo
      • Mar 2007

Hey Faust,

As I proposedto you yesterdayI would like toprovide you with thelinkto the hotspots map which I created for the city of Antwerp.

Hotspots Antwerp:

http://maps.google.nl/maps/ms?ie=UTF...f713&z=14&om=1

Hopefully it will help you out during your stay in Antwerp!

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

/\ Thank you, Divo. I much appreciate the effort, and I am sure others will, too! Looking forward to the Amsterdam map, too.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• baizilla
          • Sep 2006

Here's one of Copenhagen :)

Comment

• Casius
            • Dec 2006

Los Angeles...

Comment

• Divo
              • Mar 2007

Amsterdam Hotspots

After finishing the Antwerp hotspot map yesterday, I thought it would be best to finish the Amsterdam hotspot map as well at the same time. Mostly I focused on fashion shops, but included as well a few clubs and a place to eat delicious Italian sandwiches.

AMSTERDAM HOTSPOTS

Hopefully it will come in handy during your stay in Amsterdam!

Comment

• murmurme
                • May 2007

I'd like to see more maps like these.

I added the maps to Ongopongo.com so they can be shared.

Comment

• jj.still
                  • Dec 2006

Moscow

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...36c7eb70ca1a36

Comment

• Divo
                    • Mar 2007

Created myself a Paris Shopping Map, so I can anticpate on the 1-day Shopping Trip I will make the day after tomorrow. Please feel free to amend the map with your personal suggestions:

http://maps.google.fr/maps/ms?ie=UTF...9911&z=15&om=1

- Divo -

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

Faust!

Oh man... I can't make a map but here's a rundown that I've categorized for you:

Shopping:

Alan Bilzerian- Newbury st. close to Boston Commons (on the same side and just a couple doors down fromBang & Olufsen)

Stel- Newbury st. about 1/2 a block down from the Newbury St/Massachusetts Ave intersection. Next to Condom Kingdom and down the steps.

Barneys NY- Inside Copley mall. Easy to enter through the Prudential center (look for the tall Prudential tower and find the base and go in there. Main entrance is on Boylston street which is 1 street away and parallel to Newbury st.)

The Closet- a surprisingly nice consignment store also on Newbury st. (175 newbury st.). You gotta dig a little bit but there are TONS of great pieces for your wife and you'll find some cool mens pieces there too. I've seen first season Cloak in there along with lots of Issey and Yohji.

Dining:

There are the big hitters (L'Espalier, Aujourd'hui, Radius, Clio, Unietc. etc.) but here are my faves:

- The Daily Catch on Hanover St. in the north end (across the street from Mike's pastry). Small little spot with something like 6 tables. Everything including the open kitchen is in one room. Best Italian seafood ever. Specialty is calamari (their fried calamari is KILLER and so are the supersupresuper fresh steamed mussels). Cash Only.

- Taiwan Cafe in Chinatown (first street on the left, blue awning off of Beach st. when you're facing the signature Chinatown red gates). Cheap, very authentic, english menu, delicious. Cash Only.

- The Butcher Shop in the South End. A little bit of a walk north of the Prudential center etc. (it could be part of a lovely night weather permitting... the neighborhood is wonderful) takes you to the South End where a lot of new small restaurants have sprung up. This is one of the neatest ones (functions as an actual butcher shop during the day) and they have a great wine bar and their daily wine special isn't bullshit. It's gotten more known as of late but it's still got a quaint feel to it.

- Oishii in the South End. Top notch sushi, beautiful presentation, fresh and varied delicious gems of the sea. They've got your poison here no matter what sushi related thing you want. Toro, uni, kobe, and a bunch of other things (some kind of giant mussel i had the time before... killed and served to order!). Can get VERY expensive if you're not careful.

Going out:

Theater district for club stuff. Honestly the only place I ended up going to for the last almost two years is/was:

Middlesex Lounge- 315 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge. Just between MIT and Central Square. It doesn't belong where it is. Great great crowd, good DJs and good drinks at good prices. The furniture is modular and you can rearrange it however you like. Low/no cover depending on the night and people just talk and there were nights were literally NO ONE was in their seat because everyone was dancing.

There are a couple other joints (32 Degrees in the South end and other places) but... not sure what you'd like.

Let me know if you need anything Faust! Call or e-mail and I'll be happy to help :)

617-943-7558

Have fun!!!!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

couple of versions of mine:

Paris- includes street adresses + a couple of nice restaurants and bars

Berlin- includes some website links and a few restaurants, not very big at the moment

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Casius
                          • Dec 2006

I wasn't sure where to put this so I guess I'll add it here. :)

http://www.lesoussol.com/

137 Rivington St.
                          New York NY 10002

Carries Ann D., Dries, Margiela, and a bunch of other Belgian designers. Womenswear only.

Comment

• aahhbes
                            • Nov 2007

my first post

to add recommendations

interesting space

06+

http://www.refinery29.com/travel_and_guides/LAstores_17.php?levelID=3#sd

25 West 4th Street, #106
                            Los Angeles, CA 90013
                            213-626-6606

secret service

http://www.joshspear.com/?s=secret+service&x=0&y=0

1855 Industrial #107

Comment

• katie
                              • Nov 2007

These are great! Women, we need to do some female-oriented maps too. Also, I think it might be a nice idea for those of us from places like New York which have a lot of stores already to make some maps of hard-to-find or unique stores - for example, we have no Dries store here, and I'd love to go to one. And the downtown Prada and Comme des Garcons New York stores should not be missed by visitors.

Can some fabulous Milanese person make a Milano map for this New York girl? Milan is my fantasy shopping destination.

I'm going to do New York - perfume and New York - womens wear.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎