• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

GOOD stores in Milan - yes they exist!

NOTE - VERY OLD POST

DAAD Dantone has locations, one is quite close to the more central shopping areas on Corso Matteotti inside a small shopping arcade. this one is also the first or main store. They stock Raf Simons, Poell, Attachment, Y's, Margiela, Undercoverism, CDG, Rick Owens,LUC, Viridi-Anne and some others I cant recall right now. The second store on Via Santo Spirito had most of the same brands except no Poell.

Antonioli is a really nice store. it took me a while to find an adress for this, my friend told me earlier about a store located somewhere in the Navigli district inside an old movie theatre (Via Paoli). the interior is very nice and apparently its one of the first movie theatres in Milan. they stock Margiela, Dries Van Noten, Ann D, Rick Owens, Label Under Construction etc.

everyone probably knows Corso Como 10. the location is very cool. the store itself is like a better version of Colette, they store a shitload of brands and actually carry something from many of them. however the biggest selections were from more mainstram brands, but they also had Ann D, CDG etc. worth a visit definitely. their outlet is not far away but I was unfortunately short on time so couldn't make it there.

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: GOOD stores in Milan - yes they exist!

Thanks for the report, Mike. It's especially valuable as these stores look pretty obscure. I've been to 10 Corso Como, and you are absolutely right - it's so much better than Colette. Did you go to the 2nd floor to the gallery? I wish you'd tell me you were going to Milan - there is a pizzeria around the corner from 10 Corso Como that would blow your mind.

Did you see the V+R store? It's trippy!

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

Re: GOOD stores in Milan - yes they exist!

didn't check the gallery cause we were in a bit of a hurry when we were thereĀ“

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• jumpoff
        • Jan 2008

A little bump.

Anyone know of any good stores in Milan apart from those mentioned by lowrey? Going there the last weekend of february to visit a friend.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Henry Cuir, if you need fantastic leather (not SZ style)
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• stadsvandringar
            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            Henry Cuir, if you need fantastic leather (not SZ style)
            I don't know if I would go so far as to say it's not SZ style. Henry cuir makes awesome stuff. Definitely worth checking out. Along the same lines, Henry Beguelin would be worth a look if you're into that sort of thing, although Henry Cuir has much fewer shops around and I generally prefer what they do.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Henry Beguelin was Henry's firm, until he got ousted and made a new one, Henry Cuir. Just thought peeps should know in case they care.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                • Nov 2007

there is also d-magazin. this is a designer discount outlet that may or may not have some good pieces at any given time. they have several stores interspersed throughout milan but their "flagship" at 26 via montenapoleone has a digital display that lists all the designers they carry at each of their locations and how many items they have from each designer. if you're lucky you may see the words "carol christian poell" appear on the screen. :)

for lunch don't miss ristorante oscar at 4 via lazzaro palazzi and check out the owner's shrine to il duce
                LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Johnny
                  • Sep 2006

pradaz roks

sorry. actually there is an ok store accross from premiata on one of the main shopping streets, its pretty flash, but does sell lanvin, yohji and also rick I think. sells a load of shoite too though.

the corso como bookstore, restaurant and gallery are great. i wasn't so keen on the store itself. i found the staff very snooty.

ps those sale shops that AKA mentioned are worth a rummidge through. there were quite a number of ccp pieces there at crazy low prices, coats, jackets, and good sizes, 46s included.

Comment

• jumpoff
                    • Jan 2008

Thanks guys!

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                      pradaz roks

sorry. actually there is an ok store accross from premiata on one of the main shopping streets, its pretty flash, but does sell lanvin, yohji and also rick I think. sells a load of shoite too though.

the corso como bookstore, restaurant and gallery are great. i wasn't so keen on the store itself. i found the staff very snooty.

ps those sale shops that AKA mentioned are worth a rummidge through. there were quite a number of ccp pieces there at crazy low prices, coats, jackets, and good sizes, 46s included.
                      Oh Johnny, stop it! LOL.

I had the exact same reaction to Corso Como, by the way. The only problem with these stores these days is that Amazon has most of that stuff and much cheaper. I am not an impulse shopper most of the times.

Ok, forgive me for not remembering, but if you want amazing pizza, here is what you do. As you walk out of 10 Corso Como, walk towards Viale Pasubio, make a right onto it without crossing the street, and look for a pizzeria on your side (it has a garden). Best pizza I've had in my life.

And I do think you need to check out V&R just for the trippy experience.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• asis
                        • Dec 2008

there are definitely some good finds to be had at d-magizine, though you need to look thoroughly, I picked up a heavy LUC sweater for 20 euros but could'nt find the other 5 that were listed on the screen...

Dantone still has a good selection at 50 off aswel as a good new season buy on Saberi , serfaty etc etc also stocks Avantindietro

Corso como, for me is a bit like a museum shop but less fun.... only if you have time in my opinion

Antonioli is well worth a visit, but its odd to see d&g on the same rail as Serfaty.. the store its self is on the canal in Porta genova a nice place to walk around...

Comment

• TarHeart
                          • Jun 2009

Really nice thread. I was just wondering, do anyone know about a store called Gio Moretti? According to their website they carry Yohji Yamamoto and Ann Demeulemeester. Thought it might be interesting with more information. Has anyone been there?

Please share any experience.

Comment

• random
                            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            Henry Beguelin was Henry's firm, until he got ousted and made a new one, Henry Cuir. Just thought peeps should know in case they care.
                            I have a couple Henry Cuir pieces but never owned any Henry Beguelin. Whats the quality on the Beguelin brand, if compared to Henry Cuir? The prices from this old brand seem to be much better. Thanks in advance.
                            I don't exist.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

The quality looked good last time I checked - which was a few years ago.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎