• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Japan proxy?

I know you guys are much more versed in this than I am. I used this site once before, but I can't see it now, http://japanauctioncenter.com/

Who else is reliable, "cheap," and fast? I need something from Yahoo Japan.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • CHRIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2006

Re: Japan proxy?

i use japanhookup on SF. friendly, cheap, and fast (almost robotic).

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

I've used parachutes andSOZE, both very reliable and good. parachutes charges probably a bit less. Jake Unkutt is also reliable. all can be found on the online shopping thread on sf :)

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Casius
        • Dec 2006

[quote user="CHRIS"]i use japanhookup on SF. friendly, cheap, and fast (almost robotic).[/quote]

I fully agree with Chris.
        "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• analog
          • Dec 2006

I've used the following services :

parachutes : ~3 times
          japanhookups : 2 times
          soze : pre-sale communication only
          juno : ~5 times
          celga : pre-sale communication only

They've all been very helpful. Parachutes was probably cheapest by a small margin. Juno has been the fastest, especially in terms of availability (communication); however he's also been the most expensive. Soze was extremely helpful during the pre-sales stage, including a willingness to contact stores via phone to ask about product details and inventory. Unfortunately we were unable to find any stores that carried what I was looking for.

One thing I've found is that, with few exceptions, most are doing this part time, sometimes from the offices of their day jobs. This can limit their availability somewhat...

Only 1 or 2 are willing to do store pickups AFAIK (Soze and Jake I believe...)

Lastly, deuxmille and xcoldricex would be good people to consult ;)

HTH

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Thanks. Sounds like I should give one of these guys a shot. Lastly - the seller ships overseas, will that save me any money, or will he still have to go ship within Japan to the proxy first and then to me?
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• klangspiel
              • Apr 2007

You could always ask your proxy to instruct the seller to ship the item directly to you (bypassing domestic delivery
              and directly overseas).

As for which proxy services... Parachutes looks like the cheapest option. International shipping charges are not calculated
              towards his service fee percentage unlike say, japanhookups. Although in your case, in which the seller does ship overseas,
              I gather international shipping would certainly count towards the fee percentage.

The other thing I like about Parachutes is he only charges a service fee percentage of 11% if you transact via
              moneybookers. So far as I'm aware, everyone else is 15% or thereabouts.

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

out of all the ones I've used, bid-service (juno) has been the most effective, but probably the most expensive. the guy I've used is his associate, replies are always super fast and he operates as fast as possible.

SOZE is also very effective, quick communication, takes pictures of items before shipping them which is a nice addition. alo on the more expensive side I think.

japanauctioncenter is good for yahoo since you can add bids on the last minute. I think their fees just lowered so should be quite cheap too

parachutes is probably the cheapest, sometimes slightly slow in replying to mails but no real problems, I've used him several times and would use again.

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• mass
                  • Sep 2006

does japanhookups usually email you back when you send him an auction link?

auction ends in a day and he hasn't emailed me back or anything so i'm wondering if i should get another proxy, but i don't want to get into a bid war with myself. 0:

Comment

• ddohnggo
                    • Oct 2006

just starting using a new proxy and they're awesome! the guy went of his way to find web stores that carry viridi-anne and julius for me.

here's the link http://www.sharpservice.jp/

fees are cheap and the service is great. here's some info

Our locations: Tokyo + Fukuoka in Japan

Service: Online orders, phone orders, Yahoo Auctions / Store pick-ups

Stores: all online stores / rakuten / zozo / yahoo.

Fees: Cost (incl. domestic/international shipping) + 10% commission Fee

i know that irrilicht and badseeds have used him before.

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• badseeds
                      • Mar 2007

^ Hide is super helpful! Emails replied within a few minutes and always kept me posted how the auction went.

Comment

• analog
                        • Dec 2006

When I click "Julius" on this page, it takes me to Juno's website. Are they affiliated?

Comment

• irrlicht
                          • Jan 2007

dont think so...

but i have to recommend hide-san as well. not only he's the best proxy out there.. the guy even wear ccp himself!

Comment

• Chim
                            • Dec 2006

I've used SpeJapan exclusively. The guy actually has MSN Messenger on his cell phone, so I pretty much message him and get a response at any time of the day. His fees are around the same as Soze, but I've never had better communication.

Comment

• bakla
                              • Oct 2006

I don't see SpeJapan's contact info anywhere. Care to share? :)

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎