• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

Paris and London shops

I'm hitting paris and londonagain in a month, and had a few questions in mind..

I've been to L'Eclaireur on Rue Herold and the one on Champs, and also the Boissy one which appeared to be womens only. what about the Les Marais locations, what do they have in those?

regarding London, I'll be there on sunday, I know DSM should be open along withdepartment stores, what about others?
    also some tips for Londonstores are welcome cause its been a couple of years since I've been there.

cheers

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG
  • sbw4224
    • Sep 2006

Re: Paris and London shops

I actually believe DSM, Browns and a lot of other boutiques are closed on Sunday. I'll double check for you in a bit, but you might strike out on a lot of smaller stores.

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

The only two L'Eclaireur's worth going to are Rue Herold and Rue Malher. Seems like you haven't been to the latter... they carry past collection CCP, some CDiem and a mish mash of other stuff including Dior Homme. It's worth the trip. Be sure to ask at both places about what they have in the back if you're interested in specific brands. They just don't have enough rack space to put everything out!

Definitely go to the Rick Owens flagship at the Palais Royale Jardin!

For London, the Library is open on sunday for sure...they just open a bit later. No big deal... something like 1 pm.

Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Monty76
        • Sep 2006

Browns doesn't open Sunday, i believe all the department stores are open though.

In Paris i think L'Eclaireur on Rue Des Rosiers carries N(N), Dior Homme and some other interesting brands. If you like Lanvinor Comme des Garcons both the shops are quite near to each other. Comme des Garcons takes some searching for, but its quite close to the Lanvin menswear shop.

Comment

• dontbecruel
          • Sep 2006

DSM is definitely closed on Sundays. Sorry.

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"] The only two L'Eclaireur's worth going to are Rue Herold and Rue Malher. Seems like you haven't been to the latter... they carry past collection CCP, some CDiem and a mish mash of other stuff including Dior Homme. It's worth the trip. Be sure to ask at both places about what they have in the back if you're interested in specific brands. They just don't have enough rack space to put everything out!

Definitely go to the Rick Owens flagship at the Palais Royale Jardin!

For London, the Library is open on sunday for sure...they just open a bit later. No big deal... something like 1 pm.

Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

I actually liked the Champs Elysees one cause they had a decent amount of Ann Demeulemeester and RO when I was there last time. will have to check rue Malher then, and probably Rue des Rosiers as well, atleast then I've seen them all ;)

RO is of course on the list ;)

good to hear Library is open, for some reason I was under the impression that DSM would be as well butseems likenot :P
            I'll still have to see if I can go on some other day because I wouldn't mind going to dsm and some others as well.

thanks for the info guys!

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Don't forget the little store next to Browns that stocks Label Under Construction and such. I wouldn't be surprised if they are closed on Sunday too, though. I'm surprised to hear that The Library is open on Sunday, because everything else in South Kensington is closed...
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• sbw4224
                • Sep 2006

^ Ah good call, I always forget about that store. While it would be a good stop, I know for a fact it's also closed on Sunday's as well.

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

which store is that? wouldn't mind checking it out if they have luc there

I think I might try to get there on another day cause I really wanna stop by DSM as well

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="mike b"]

which store is that? wouldn't mind checking it out if they have luc there

I think I might try to get there on another day cause I really wanna stop by DSM as well

[/quote]

I don't remember the name, but you won't miss it, it's a few doors down from Browns. Trust your trained eye to catch a familiar garment on a mannequin.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dontbecruel
                      • Sep 2006

Vertice

Comment

• sbw4224
                        • Sep 2006

I checked out their shipment of LUC - very disappointing actually. I think they had a white hoodie and a black knit and that was it. The salesman said they would get more in, but Vertice is the kind of place that you're never sure whether to believe what the SA has to say or not (less than Brown's, though).

Edit - I forgot to mention that Vertice actually made a strong buy of Virdi Anne - they had some really great substantial coats that I was definitely impressed with. There were some Attachment pieces but they were really overpriced for what they were (100 pounds for a thin cotton beanie).

Comment

• interman
                          • Dec 2006

I agree. The SA was kind of strange, and I didn't really find anything that screamed BUY ME NOW, but I was impressed with the Attachment and Virdi Anne selection in particular.

Too bad the 59 Broadwick Street was still being "reinstalled" when I was there. I really wanted to check out the Julius f/w stuff, but I guess it'll wait until the next time I visit.

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

any idea when 59 will be open, or were they just temporarily working on something?

Comment

• sbw4224
                              • Sep 2006

Should be open soon - they closed for about a week to set up their new layout and to put out all their FW items in one shot. They have some nice things in the store - my biggest disappointment with the store is the complete lack of size 4's in their Julius buys.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎