PDA

View Full Version : SS08 Arrivals/Reviews/News

Pages : [1] 2 3

Casius
12-01-2007, 10:21 PM
I know, it's early...but might as well start it off. [75]<DIV><BR class="khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV> Just talked with Ryan over at South Willard today and found out they will be carrying Dries Van Noten on top of thier other brands like Raf, Ervell, etc. Can't wait to see what the buy is going to be like compared to Barneys and Fred Segal.</DIV><DIV><BR class="khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV> Also, Raf Simons X Eastpack looks like a great collaboration but are these going to be carried at regular Raf Simons stockists?</DIV>

Hellequin
12-01-2007, 10:45 PM
Also, Raf Simons X Eastpack looks like a great collaboration but are these going to be carried at regular Raf Simons stockists?</p>

The Raf Simons x Eastpak stockists are listed here;</p>

http://87.106.137.70/rafsimons/</p>

<p mce_keep="true"></p>

dontbecruel
12-02-2007, 07:04 AM
The collection looks fantastic there. The dark lit runway show really didn't do those fabrics any favours.

Faust
12-02-2007, 11:59 AM
Haha, Casius - jumping the gun there! Are you impatiently waiting for something?</p>

Hellequin, thanks for posting the link. Still wonder who will buy these huge expensive backpacks...</p>

</p>

Casius
12-02-2007, 03:07 PM
Haha Faust, maybe a little...<DIV><BR class="khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>I'm definitely anticipating checking out those navy suede/patent leather lace ups from Lanvin...they look awesome! Also really looking forward to seeing what Raf's collection looks like pieced out. I have high hopes for it.</DIV><DIV><BR class="khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>Those bags are definitely pricey.</DIV>

lowrey
12-02-2007, 03:30 PM
<P mce_keep="true"></P>

this was already posted in the ann demeulemeester thread, but why-lip alreadyhas a dozen or so s/sitems: http://www.why-lip.com/anndemeulemeester_mens/</P>

also a few Rick Owens S/Sitems: http://www.why-lip.com/rickowens_mens/</P>

and maktub has some drkshdw stuff as well: http://maktub.jp/drkshdw/</P>

Casius
12-02-2007, 03:36 PM
Ah, good stuff Mike! I didn't see the Rick Owens and DRKSHDW stuff. But what in the world is that RO jacket with the shapes on it? Yikes! I am glad to see him change up his tees though, the striped one looks okay on the model.<DIV><BR class="khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>Mattotti's blog said they are in Paris viewing Lanvin, MA+, and CCP so there should be some showroom pics there in probably a week or two.</DIV>

Piffen
12-02-2007, 03:44 PM
Haha, Casius - jumping the gun there! Are you impatiently waiting for something?</P>

Hellequin, thanks for posting the link. Still wonder who will buy these huge expensive backpacks...</P>
<P mce_keep="true"></P>

</P>

Well, I'd really like the black one.. But the prices are hilarious,?299 to ?2.999, is this true?[74] I mean, come on.. Eastpak, haha..[79]</P>

Although I have no problemmaking the connection between this urban adventurer guy and Eastpak.. I have a very big problem making the connection between Eastpak and a ?3k bag..</P>

mesh
12-02-2007, 04:40 PM
Not looking forward to raf's s/s runway stuff but instead his more classic pieces.</P>

Those eastpaks are preposterous, I'd really like to see somebody wearing one of those.</P>
<P mce_keep="true"></P>

dontbecruel
12-02-2007, 06:12 PM
The collection looks fantastic there. The dark lit runway show really didn't do those fabrics any favours.
</p>

(I mean the clothes by the way) The bags are so-so.
</p>

mabac011
12-02-2007, 06:18 PM
selectshopcore also have some ss08 rick stuff.</P>

http://www.geocities.jp/selectshopcore/rick.html</P>

MikeN
12-02-2007, 11:35 PM
Yoox has their S/S 08 preview up.

Hellequin
12-07-2007, 12:44 PM
Luisa Via Roma has been updated with the s/s '08 collections now available for perusal and purchase.

Faust
12-07-2007, 01:20 PM
Luisa Via Roma has been updated with the s/s '08 collections now available for perusal and purchase.
</p>

Thanks! Damn, their buy is awful. And the Yohji one is the worst! How do you fuck up a Yohji buy?</p>

Faust
12-07-2007, 01:25 PM
This is dope though.</p>

http://www.luisaviaroma.com/ecnew/Collections/Photos/Big47I/ACG/0017.JPG</p>

Johnny
12-07-2007, 02:00 PM
I like the lanvin stuff they got, shirts in particular. The Yohji is tererible, but at some point you got to start blaming Yohji! Some of that stuff is shockingly bad.

Faust
12-07-2007, 02:11 PM
I like the lanvin stuff they got, shirts in particular. The Yohji is tererible, but at some point you got to start blaming Yohji! Some of that stuff is shockingly bad.</p>

Haha, true, true. </p>

Johny, what do you find special about Lanvin shirts? I've seen a couple, seemed just like many other shirts out there.
</p>

lowrey
12-07-2007, 02:21 PM
Thanks! Damn, their buy is awful. And the Yohji one is the worst! How do you fuck up a Yohji buy?</P>

they havevery few Yohji items (for example, so might be thatits not all there yet..? not sure though, I cant remember whether or the not they've added stuff later in the past?</P>
<P mce_keep="true"></P>

macuser3of5
12-07-2007, 02:39 PM
Wow, LVR's Jil Sander women's buy is just intense.

laika
12-07-2007, 02:43 PM
Wow, LVR's Jil Sander women's buy is just intense.</p>

I am amazed that they actually bought the tulle overlay pieces....[:|] [64]
</p>

Who?
12-08-2007, 01:47 AM
New MA+ on Core</p>

http://www.geocities.jp/selectshopcore/item_ma/ma_036.jpg (http://www.geocities.jp/selectshopcore/ma.html)</p>

Chinorlz
12-08-2007, 01:56 AM
holy shit.</P>

Ok. 4 items from the coming MA+ to be purchased:</P>

aviator. 5 pocket pants (love the silhouette!), button up, and maybe the shoulder pack (ouch on the price though :( ).</P>

Beautiful find my friend! MA+ is really coming through this spring!</P>

Who?
12-08-2007, 02:01 AM
Yeah, the aviator and those pants have just taken top priority on my list.

ddohnggo
12-08-2007, 02:16 AM
aviator is on the top of my list. pants and shirts are excellent, but i don't want to drop that much money on either. seems like the aviator price went down in price a little bit? albert, do you have a change of heart regarding the aviator?

Chinorlz
12-08-2007, 02:19 AM
Hehe, I was always all about the aviator... just not in blue [73]</P>

The black I can easily see becoming my favorite outerwear and the price did indeed seem to drop some!</P>

The pants are beautiful and from the other detailed photos they look even better... I love the stacking.</P>

I would love to see more photos of the deep front hooded sweatshirt from photos we've seen before. All in all, this looks absolutely outstanding. Now we just have to wait to see the spring CCP offerings soon (my god.. I'm counting down the days).</P>
<P mce_keep="true"></P>

ddohnggo
12-08-2007, 02:35 AM
nice. are you not going to get the fencing jacket so you can save up for s/s?

Chinorlz
12-08-2007, 02:44 AM
Yeah... I think that is what I'm going to do.... it's either drop $6k on one item (matteo never got back to me on the special order) or at least be able to pick up 3-4 items from MA+ that I will get more use out of since they're multiple items(and closer to dailywear basics)you know?</P>

We'll see. Bottom line is I"m focusing on the C2 relaunch at the moment. Personal buys have taken a somewhat backseat plus... xmas presents for the family are looming!</P>
<P mce_keep="true"></P>

Faust
12-10-2007, 02:43 PM
SS08 Is slowly starting to roll in. Saw the preview at Margiela - some nice usual stuff. I think he has stepped it up in terms of quality. The cool pattern this season is the textured checkerboard - there was a sweater and a cardigan in teal color with that pattern.</p>

It looked like Jeffrey also had some SS08 in, but I didn't bother checking, was in a rush.</p>

Johnny
12-10-2007, 02:54 PM
I like the lanvin stuff they got, shirts in particular. The Yohji is tererible, but at some point you got to start blaming Yohji! Some of that stuff is shockingly bad.</P>

Haha, true, true. </P>

Johny, what do you find special about Lanvin shirts? I've seen a couple, seemed just like many other shirts out there.
</P>

</P>

I like the little gross grain collar (never seen that before on a mans shirt), how the fabrics are a little worn in, the quality of the fabric, and the cut which is slightly fitted to follow the bodybut not tight. [75]Some are a little plain though, and for the cost not worth buying. </P>

</P>

Casius
12-11-2007, 12:00 AM
I like the lanvin stuff they got, shirts in particular. The Yohji is tererible, but at some point you got to start blaming Yohji! Some of that stuff is shockingly bad.</P>

Haha, true, true. </P>

</P>

</P>

I like the little gross grain collar (never seen that before on a mans shirt), how the fabrics are a little worn in, the quality of the fabric, and the cut which is slightly fitted to follow the body but not tight. [75]Some are a little plain though, and for the cost not worth buying.</P><DIV><BR class="khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV> Johnny- The Lanvin shirts are some of my favorites as well. The grosgrain collar is a great little detail that I think just adds a nice touch to a rather plain button down; Plus, the fit is amazing! They actually fit my long torso and I can tuck them in no problem. I'm definitely looking at picking some up in Spring. :)</DIV>

mesh
12-11-2007, 01:52 AM
Thankfully they started making the grosgrain collars for the normal shirts and not the cropped ones, don't like the mismatched hems either.</P>

Faust, margiela for spring is indeed nice. I saw some replica LONG BEACH! (sorry had to)pants that were incredible but I'm not so sure about the $700 price tag. Seems like margiela and jil spring stuff will be on racks after christmas and my wallet is still smoking from all the jil purchases.</P>

uparmoured
12-11-2007, 08:15 AM
New MA+ on Core</P>

http://www.geocities.jp/selectshopcore/item_ma/ma_036.jpg (http://www.geocities.jp/selectshopcore/ma.html)</P>

</P>

Wow!The narrow pants and hoodie for sure...</P>

Anyone have an ID on those boots?</P>

Chinorlz
12-12-2007, 02:18 AM
I'm pretty sure it's all MA+, head to toe. I kinda like the ruching but not for wearing with everything... I'm kinda sad i didn't go for the semi-high boots from MA+ in his debut season with the strap across the ankle break. They look nicer and nicer every day haha</P>
<P mce_keep="true"></P>

philip nod
12-12-2007, 10:56 AM
MA+ collection loooks phenom. pretty sure A didn't order the high scrunchie boots w tongue hold. can't wait to find out how the pants are sized although i think i know-- true 46=44. those five pocket pants look really nice, otherwise you're sure to get no pockets. and i'll let you guys fight for the aviator this round.

Faust
12-12-2007, 11:24 AM
A will be carrying Lument et Umbra this spring.

DHC
12-14-2007, 07:29 AM
Looks like Barney's BH may be carrying Augusta for the SS08 season. They got the first shipment a week or so ago. Tried on a pair of black cap toed horse leather boots real quick before heading over to a dinner party. Stopped in because it was a block away and though I was running late, they caught my eye and I had to try the floor model on real quick. Not a big fan of the squarish toe as many here on the board, but omg these were absolutely stunning!! </p>

Curious. Does anyone know if any other of the locations will be carrying the line this season? The BH store' buy was very small. I don't think they even purchased a full size run. Perhaps they are testing the waters?
</p>

Faust
12-14-2007, 11:28 AM
I am sure Madison will get a good share. Barneys will try anything - I like them for that. They'll also drop you real quick, too. Often, they are ahead of the game for their average customer. They carried Label Under Construction at the outset, and they couldn't sell it. They tried really hard with CDiem and failed. They dropped Ann and Raf Simons back when they were niche names, and picked them back up only after they became much more commercial. C'est la vie. I give Augusta two seasons.

Casius
12-16-2007, 12:09 AM
Barneys had a few new items from Margiela today...nothing special though. Just a beaded shawl collar blazer, light navy suit, navy button down shirts, a few trousers, and I think a black button down shirt. Pretty basic stuff, that's for sure.<DIV><BR class="khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>I'll probably check out the boutique next weekend and see what they have coming in.</DIV><DIV><BR class="khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>P.S. Matchesfashion.com has a lot of the Womens' SS08 collections up to view. Some of the Lanvin for women is just gorgeous and the Margiela is just plaid....weird. Camel toe not included..</DIV>

Casius
12-16-2007, 03:07 AM
Also, Margiela's site is now updated with the SS08 looks, accessories, and shoes.

laika
12-16-2007, 02:14 PM
I LOVE the Margiela looks on the website! [64] When I go to Matches, I only see F/W look book though. [76]

Casius
12-16-2007, 02:25 PM
I really like the MM6 line, it seems less serious and a whole lot more fun. (Those all mesh shoes are fantastic!)<DIV><BR class="khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>As for the menswear, I'm not too fond of most of the looks but I know once the clothing hits stores, I'll like it a whole lot more. This usually seems to be what happens for me with his collections.</DIV><DIV><BR class="khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV><BR class="khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV>

LanceP
12-16-2007, 04:49 PM
Really love this look from the Maison...</p>

http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/2905/poppe81009ep5.jpg</p>

... Just wish the trousers didn't have that white piping, and I'd change the shoes with something else.</p>

mesh
12-16-2007, 05:33 PM
Checked out margiela spring yesterday, not bad and there are already a few thingsI would like. It seems like the euro is having quite a further effect as the two button ups I wanted were 495 and 375 respectively. Ouch. They had a pretty cool blue (not navy) 4 button pea coat with silver buttons which looked quite nice too and I hate peacoats. Lot of spring color thin cashmere knits which are around 900, don't understand the point of it for spring really.</P>

My wallet is still smoking and needs a break before all the spring stuff hits because it's going to be freezing in SoCal for the next few months. Even raf simons is ready to ship most of their orders.</P>

Bakla, I saw the suede pouch/bag in person and it is phenomenal. There is also a picture of it on the mm site.</P>

Faust
12-17-2007, 12:21 PM
I really like the MM6 line, it seems less serious and a whole lot more fun. (Those all mesh shoes are fantastic!)<div><br class="khtml-block-placeholder"></div><div>As for the menswear, I'm not too fond of most of the looks but I know once the clothing hits stores, I'll like it a whole lot more. This usually seems to be what happens for me with his collections.</div><div><br class="khtml-block-placeholder"></div><div><br class="khtml-block-placeholder"></div>

</p>

Quality is suspect though...</p>

bakla
12-17-2007, 12:47 PM
Bakla, I saw the suede pouch/bag in person and it is phenomenal. There is also a picture of it on the mm site.</p>

</p>

Yeah? The damn distressed leather bag still isn't on sale...still stalking it.[79]</p>

mesh
12-17-2007, 05:51 PM
I know, still keeping an eye on it for you. I really liked this pouch, would have been perfect for when I was in ny.

bakla
12-17-2007, 06:10 PM
/\ Thanks man! Hopefully it will get reduced to less than half price....! I'll check out the pouch bag too when I pass by the Margiela store.

Chinorlz
12-22-2007, 09:17 PM
As we see more and more of CCP for the spring, I personally find it a tad disappointing in terms of innovative wearability. This fall has been a great one for wearable yet stunning CCP while the spring brings some odd pieces (perforated pants, fisherman's vests etc.) that I can't see myself really wearing.</P>

I'm sure the classics will still be there in button up shirts and impeccably constructed pants but nothing "special."</P>

MA+ and hopefully Avantindietro look like the brands to look out for this season amongst the SZ approved ones. Even Rick looks a bit odd from lookbook and preview photos!</P>

ddohnggo
12-22-2007, 09:28 PM
i don't think i'll be purchasing any s/s carol. the only thing would be the boots, but i already have too many boots! </p>

definitely going to be getting the m.a+ aviator though.</p>

Chinorlz
12-22-2007, 09:34 PM
The boots do look cool, but I question the lasting nature of the rubber band strap. Without it, you'd have to install a snap button. It also seems like the uppers aren't stitched that well to the soles but that could just be from the pictures we've seen...</P>

Absolutely the MA+ aviator and low cut hoodie. Without a question :)</P>

philip nod
12-22-2007, 10:52 PM
i don't see myself purchasing any ccp other than the one seam shirts and perforated gloves. the perforated jeans might be too much for me.</P>

i like the white leather jacket but the joint makes me think i need to see it in person, those joints are tricky sob's...i like the in/out shell pants/vest etc. but those are things i need to see in person...all in all i think ma+ will be getting a lot of play, i really need to cut down the spending next year....</P>
<P mce_keep="true"></P>

ddohnggo
12-22-2007, 10:55 PM
<p mce_keep="true"> i really need to cut down the spending next year....
</p>

</p>

i always like to tell myself this and then fail miserably. </p>

Casius
12-22-2007, 11:03 PM
Just had the chance to check out some SS08 collections a bit more; </p>

</p>

Margiela- Went to the store in LA and they had quite a bit of SS08 items already in stock. I'm loving this collection so far; The color palette was khaki, black, white, navy, and pale turquoise. All of the colors go perfectly together and the materials used this season are great.</p>

Standouts for me was a double breasted navy coat with silver 'wrinkled' buttons, navy washed cotton pants, pale turquoise v-neck sheer sweater (heavenly), and a great navy/white printed button down shirt. There were a bunch more button down shirts in white and khaki, white jeans, khaki sheer sweaters in crew and v-neck, and a really interesting shawl collar beaded lapel blazer with matching tuxedo pants.</p>

Prices are a little more than last season but not anything astronomical. </p>

</p>

Jil Sander- Barneys has put out a small selection of SS08 collections and Jil was pretty much the only one worth looking at (except Margiela, but the flagship had more). Spring color palette was black, navy, white, light grey, and light turquoise. </p>

Standouts for me were the light grey washed trousers, washed grey blazer, s/s t-shirts in navy, knit shirt in light blue, and the coolest leather blazer in turquoise. The leather blazer was really light weight and probably the coolest piece there but it had a price tag to match at $3000+. But all in all, the prices are cheaper than the F/W collection. The washed trousers were $405, washed blazer $1050, t-shirts for $175-225, and button downs were around the same price as last season. </p>

philip nod
12-22-2007, 11:03 PM
seriously i can't keep this up, its getting out of hand....what can you say when you know you'll fail....i'll try better next year, a new years resolutions surely down the drain...

ddohnggo
12-22-2007, 11:10 PM
if you already know that you're going to fail, might as well link your bank account to A's. ;)

Casius
12-22-2007, 11:13 PM
Wait, how have you all seen the new CCP collection? A?</p>

CCP's F/W collection was one of his best yet; The jointed pieces, albeit unpractical for some, was maybe one of the coolest concepts I have seen on clothing. </p>

philip nod
12-23-2007, 12:14 AM
yeah A bought a good chunk of the collection bc they're moving soon....the joints in my experience are very difficult to wear, i mean my waist is too tight bc i have to lower it, and the knee is always slipping out of place. like anything carol, its cool in concept, difficult in wear until magically one day you discover the promiseland. carol's clothes are the only one in which you literally discover a promised land. i'm not kidding. fuck.</P>

so the solution is to put some money on a atelier black credit card, which is just a plain sick concept, and then don't allow yourself to spend over that amount, or if you do you better be in a much better place than you are now...</P>

Chinorlz
12-23-2007, 02:10 AM
^ looks like that cat is out of the bag.</P>

Karlo and Constantin were talking to the folks at L'Eclaireur over the summer in regards to a move... any idea of their new location? It'll be a shame to see them leaving that lovely out-of-the-way nook on Crosby.</P>

There's no A credit card yet right? Just the gift cards... I'm more than certain their revenue would double if they managed to somehow develop a credit card concept!</P>

philip nod
12-23-2007, 02:23 AM
shit, i hate to be that asshole...well, the lease is still up in the air, so anything can happen, i won't be speculating on location because i dont want to jinx anything. for some reason i thought it was common knowledge, oh well, and yeah its not a credit card but a gift card. i'm 2 for 2 today.</P>
<P mce_keep="true"></P>

Real Real
12-23-2007, 02:57 AM
Barneys had some S/S Lanvin today. Some new dress shirts with grosgrain plackets (not collar) - didn't like them.

There were a couple of pieces of outerwear that I noticed. The first was a sort of translucent tan overshirt, popper fastening, 2/3rds bemberg, 1/3rd silk, at an insane price, $2k.

The second was a gray suede jacket/shirt - the various pieces of suede (front, sleeves, etc) were attached to each other by cotton/elastic fabric that ran along where all of the seams would usually be. That fabric seemed like it would both provide ventilation and help the jacket move with you. Terrific stuff, great example of why I like the brand. I almost bought it on the spot, but it was $4k...going to have a hard time waiting to see whether it will go on sale.

Faust
12-24-2007, 12:00 AM
shit, i hate to be that asshole...well, the lease is still up in the air, so anything can happen, i won't be speculating on location because i dont want to jinx anything. for some reason i thought it was common knowledge, oh well, and yeah its not a credit card but a gift card. i'm 2 for 2 today.</p>
<p mce_keep="true"></p>

</p>

It's no big deal. They tell their clients. But, yea, I guess it's better not jinxing it. Personally, I love the new potential location; it absolutely falls in line with the store's aesthetic, and I am very happy that there is one less a reason to go to that graveyard mall called SoHo. The only two places will be left is IF and Yohji, and they are right across the street from each other :-)
</p>

matthewhk
12-24-2007, 01:33 AM
Could any SZ members in Tokyo please let me know what the stock situation is like over there right now...(or preferably, a forecast of what's to come in the next week or two). I'll be there from 3-6 January and I'm looking to get in on some Yohji Yamamoto S/S 08 action, I figure since YY aoyama never goes on sale anyway they might move in the new stuff earlier than, say, Isetan.

ddohnggo
12-24-2007, 03:15 AM
the location is down and to the left.

philip nod
12-24-2007, 04:14 AM
shit, i hate to be that asshole...well, the lease is still up in the air, so anything can happen, i won't be speculating on location because i dont want to jinx anything. for some reason i thought it was common knowledge, oh well, and yeah its not a credit card but a gift card. i'm 2 for 2 today.</P>
<P mce_keep="true"></P>

</P>

It's no big deal. They tell their clients. But, yea, I guess it's better not jinxing it. Personally, I love the new potential location; it absolutely falls in line with the store's aesthetic, and I am very happy that there is one less a reason to go to that graveyard mall called SoHo. The only two places will be left is IF and Yohji, and they are right across the street from each other :-)
</P>

</P>

[Y][B]</P>

my friend goo
12-24-2007, 11:48 AM
Could any SZ members in Tokyo please let me know what the stock situation is like over there right now...(or preferably, a forecast of what's to come in the next week or two). I'll be there from 3-6 January and I'm looking to get in on some Yohji Yamamoto S/S 08 action, I figure since YY aoyama never goes on sale anyway they might move in the new stuff earlier than, say, Isetan.
</p>

</p>

"Pre"Sales start on the 26th/27th so i'd assume its going to be pretty picked over by the the time you get here as stuff everywhere is quite picked over already. Barney's and Midwest have hardly anything left, although i was in the new Margiela store yesterday to check the stock situation and they seemed to have pretty much everything left in most sizes. I went to the YY store also, didn't see any arrival of s/s stuff as of yesterday.</p>

</p>

edit: i am drunk and didn't see what thread this was in.. as for s/s stuff the only store i've seen that has s/s stock in already is the margiela store as well, which has only 1 small rack of it.
</p>

matthewhk
12-25-2007, 01:02 AM
thanks for the quick response...hmm that doesn't sound encouraging. Wasn't really betting on the sales anyway, i'm surprised they're happening so late. Only places I really check out in Tokyo are Isetan, L'eclaireur and YY and the reason I booked this trip was to get a head start on SS stuff since I know shoppers clean the boutiques up quick. Damn.

my friend goo
12-25-2007, 01:37 AM
yeah stuff here seems to happen really late in general.. i was surpised to actually see new stuff at the margiela store. lift, etc. are showing stock photos and letting you put in pre-orders, but from conversations i've had with SAs it seems that everywhere the earliest things will actually start coming in is the end of jan.

Casius
12-31-2007, 08:52 PM
<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Tahoma; font-size: 12px; ">Checked out a little bit of the Rick Owens from SS08 over at A and this season looks great in person. The shorts with zippers in the front are excellent (the pants look dope too) and the striped shirt is outstanding (and fucking long!). I'm excited to see the hooded, asymmetrical zip leather jacket.</span>

mesh
12-31-2007, 09:00 PM
When entering barneys designer section wear your shades gentlemen. You will be greeted by an unsightly set of flourescentclothing courtesy of your friend marc jacobs.</P>

Margiela not looking too good and neither is much else for spring so far.</P>
<P mce_keep="true"></P>

Casius
12-31-2007, 09:58 PM
When entering barneys designer section wear your shades gentlemen. You will be greeted by an unsightly set of flourescent clothing courtesy of your friend marc jacobs.</p>

Margiela not looking too good and neither is much else for spring so far. </p><p mce_keep="true"> </p>

</p>

I can agree on Marc but I think Margiela is excellent this season! The button-less cardigan-esque sweater is great and so is the matching polo shirt. Also a great navy coat. </p>

bakla
12-31-2007, 10:29 PM
<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Tahoma; font-size: 12px;">Checked out a little bit of the Rick Owens from SS08 over at A and this season looks great in person. The shorts with zippers in the front are excellent (the pants look dope too) and the striped shirt is outstanding (and fucking long!). I'm excited to see the hooded, asymmetrical zip leather jacket.</span></p>

Cas, you don't know if they're getting any of the draped jackets, are they?</p>

Casius
12-31-2007, 10:35 PM
<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Tahoma; font-size: 12px;">Checked out a little bit of the Rick Owens from SS08 over at A and this season looks great in person. The shorts with zippers in the front are excellent (the pants look dope too) and the striped shirt is outstanding (and fucking long!). I'm excited to see the hooded, asymmetrical zip leather jacket.</span></p>

Cas, you don't know if they're getting any of the draped jackets, are they? </p>

</p>

</p>

Hmmm, which ones in particular? I look through the book again and they are getting quite a bit. Some of the drapey cardigans were already in but for the most part it looked like they were getting the longer drape cardigans, the wrap, a bunch of leather jackets and maybe a jacket or two I can't quite recall. </p>

bakla
12-31-2007, 10:44 PM

Cas, you don't know if they're getting any of the draped jackets, are they? </p>

</p>

</p>

Hmmm, which ones in particular? I look through the book again and they are getting quite a bit. Some of the drapey cardigans were already in but for the most part it looked like they were getting the longer drape cardigans, the wrap, a bunch of leather jackets and maybe a jacket or two I can't quite recall. </p>

</p>

These styles, which I think came in a darker color also:</p>

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v347/CassShock/Rick%20Owens%20SS08/SS08look2.jpg</p>

Also, this, which I assume is a leather jacket, and about three times my rent:</p>

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v347/CassShock/Rick%20Owens%20SS08/SS08look19.jpg</p>

Casius
01-01-2008, 12:17 AM
Hmm, you know, I don't think they ordered either of those. I think all the jackets they got are leather, at least that's what I got from looking at the photos.

Faust
01-03-2008, 10:57 PM
Stopped by Barneys today. They had a decent rack of Ann Dem. The clothes are awful and the prices are ridiculous. It's downright insulting. Naturally, I blame Ann Chapelle! Good bye Ann, it was a nice love affair while it lasted. More consignment store shopping in the future for me.</p>

The buys in general are getting safer and safer for Barneys - which is a bit upsetting, because they are pretty much the only department store game in town. Absolutely standard fair was on display from Raf Simons (you wouldn't relate the standard blazers and pants to the runway show) and from Alexander McQueen (thankfully we have the boutique for the cool/outlandish stuff).</p>

CHRIS
01-03-2008, 11:17 PM
the archive also got some ann in. i hardly recognized the stuff on the racks. plain short sleeve tees were $300! and boxy! and her normally beautiful waiscoats were covered in shiteous patterns. don't even get me started on those fucking toe sandals... but im really excited for n(n) though!

Casius
01-03-2008, 11:25 PM
Dark and I looked through the NN SS08 book and saw little swatches of the fabrics; It all looks fantastic. Pretty much all the fabrics are a very light, jersey fabric just with different patterns and colors. So even though the looks are very layered for Spring, I could definitely see it working as the fabrics seem nice and light.</p>

My favs were definitely the shorts, patterned tank tops, and dual layer boots. Those huge crosses are dope too. All black. </p>

my friend goo
01-04-2008, 01:13 AM
<SPAN class=Apple-style-span style="FONT-SIZE: 12px; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma">Checked out a little bit of the Rick Owens from SS08 over at A and this season looks great in person. The shorts with zippers in the front are excellent (the pants look dope too) and the striped shirt is outstanding (and fucking long!). I'm excited to see the hooded, asymmetrical zip leather jacket.</SPAN></P>

Do you know if they're getting that jacket in the non leather version? </P>

philip nod
01-04-2008, 01:15 AM
the anne stuff i saw at atelier was utter shit. and they even bought the best stuff from the collection. no dumb dada shirts. just think, i was so disappointed i didn't pick up a jacket from f/w bc i couldn't find my size. now, i'm sort of happy about it

ddohnggo
01-04-2008, 01:16 AM
yeah, ann sux0rz. A did get some new LUC shit in. dopedopedope trench, silk cardigan $975(!)!!!!!, insanely weaved sweater, etc... rick was decent, but standard fair. they had the buttonless cardigan again.

Avantster
01-04-2008, 01:16 AM
Stopped by Barneys today. They had a decent rack of Ann Dem. The clothes are awful and the prices are ridiculous. It's downright insulting. Naturally, I blame Ann Chapelle! Good bye Ann, it was a nice love affair while it lasted. More consignment store shopping in the future for me.</p>

</p>

This is so saddening. Must all good things in menswear end? DH, Cloak, Helmut Lang, and now, Ann? ('Least we still have Raf!)
I hope it's just an off season for her, but I can't help but notice more and more comments on sliding construction and fabric quality while the prices simply continue to rise.
</p>

In fact I was thinking the other day about why the best collections of the above labels were circa 2003-4... But that's probably another thread.</p>

Casius
01-04-2008, 01:23 AM
I checked out some of the Ann pieces at A and while I'm not impressed per se, I wouldn't say the pricing or quality is too far off from her Fall/Winter collection; Now, whether that is a good or bad thing is completely up for debate. [75]</p>

I do however like the iridescent stripe black trouser that A has in stock at the moment.</p>

ddohnggo
01-04-2008, 01:27 AM
has any s/s lanvin come in? i don't think i'll be buying much s/s except for the m.a+ aviator since i don't think that is anything that is really spectacular. the luc silk cardigan is very cool, but too pricey.

philip nod
01-04-2008, 01:28 AM
i'll prob pick up the buttonless cardigan. saw some people wearing it today, looks great.

ddohnggo
01-04-2008, 01:30 AM
yeah, it definitely looks great on the tall skinny dudes. i don't think i can pull it off though.

Casius
01-04-2008, 01:33 AM
Barneys had some Lanvin in; Some grosgrain collar shirts, some standard button down shirts, leather jacket in a taupe color, a bunch of trousers; Khaki with grosgrain waist, navy w/ purple grosgrain waist, khaki zip ankle pant, and a lurex side stripe trouser. That's all I can remember right now.</p>

</p>

That LUC trench coat for Spring is amazing; The detailing on the back is just awesome! Of course, the pull over light sweaters are great too. </p>

ddohnggo
01-04-2008, 01:36 AM
anyone remember the price of the luc trench? </p>

on a side note, i received my grosgrain lanvin shirt and it's dope. it's cut much shorter in length than i anticipated; a good thing.
</p>

Casius
01-04-2008, 01:40 AM
I didn't catch the price...probably slipped my mind as it's most likely really pricey. I'm gonna guess 2G's+. If it's under that, I would actually consider that a good deal.

mesh
01-04-2008, 02:11 AM
Hope I don't like any of the luc, praying actually.

philip nod
01-04-2008, 02:19 AM
anyone remember the price of the luc trench? </p>

on a side note, i received my grosgrain lanvin shirt and it's dope. it's cut much shorter in length than i anticipated; a good thing.
</p>

</p>

which lanvin shirt did you get, ie colors...</p>

ddohnggo
01-04-2008, 02:21 AM
white body, gold collar. BALLIN!

philip nod
01-04-2008, 02:23 AM
kind of an off white? i think i got the same one! where'd you get it? on sale? did you get a tie? amazing ties!

ddohnggo
01-04-2008, 02:25 AM
barneys $189. i think it's a bit off white. shirt is dope. i have one from the previous season and it's just as nice. </p>

we should coordinate outfits. fencing jacket-&gt;lanvin shirt-&gt;ccp rain trousers-&gt;cdiem buutz
</p>

philip nod
01-04-2008, 02:55 AM
barneys $189. i think it's a bit off white. shirt is dope. i have one from the previous season and it's just as nice. </p>

we should coordinate outfits. fencing jacket-&gt;lanvin shirt-&gt;ccp rain trousers-&gt;cdiem buutz
</p>

</p>

yes its seems like its coming to that--
</p>

</p>

Faust
01-04-2008, 11:34 AM

</p>

This is so saddening. Must all good things in menswear end? DH, Cloak, Helmut Lang, and now, Ann? ('Least we still have Raf!)
I hope it's just an off season for her, but I can't help but notice more and more comments on sliding construction and fabric quality while the prices simply continue to rise.
</p>

In fact I was thinking the other day about why the best collections of the above labels were circa 2003-4... But that's probably another thread.</p>

</p>

Good for you - I haven't liked anything Raf has done for several seasons now. I think, except Cloak, the pattern is absolute the same - a businessman takes over, and sayanara. Ann's aesthetic has changed since the first stand alone menswear show. It's not a coincidence, because Ann Chapelle expressly stated that a big part of buying Ann's business was to grow the menswear part. I guess what she meant by growth is watering down of both the aesthetic and the quality while jacking up prices. </p>

ddohnggo
01-04-2008, 07:18 PM
i saw the augusta shoes that barneys is carrying. they're pretty nice and lightweight for the s/s. quality seems there (i'm not a big fan of the wooden soles) and the price isn't as bad as other stores. i wouldn't mind picking up a pair heavily discounted though. ;) the laceups are $1250 and the boot is $1295 or so.</p>

btw, is neon going to be the trend for this s/s? i know that marc jacobs and robert geller are incorporating neon hues in their collections.</p>

Casius
01-04-2008, 07:28 PM
Yea, it looks like neon and bright colors are definitely the trend for this Spring. Raf's line has a ton of bright red, yellow, orange, and green in it as well. I quite like a lot of the new collections though and the color is nice for Spring.</p>

I was also talking with one of the guys at Odin and I guess only Blackbird ordered the highlighter jeans from Geller but they will have the blue pair (my fav). </p>

ddohnggo
01-04-2008, 07:30 PM
some of these dudes need to do hypercolor type next level stuff soon.

Casius
01-04-2008, 07:36 PM
My plan for summer; Prep Avant Garde Astronaut.

lowrey
01-06-2008, 05:53 AM
<P mce_keep="true"></P>

I'd addsomeNinja and ahint ofHobo to that [Y]</P>

Chinorlz
01-06-2008, 03:47 PM
i saw the augusta shoes that barneys is carrying. they're pretty nice and lightweight for the s/s. quality seems there (i'm not a big fan of the wooden soles) and the price isn't as bad as other stores. i wouldn't mind picking up a pair heavily discounted though. ;) the laceups are $1250 and the boot is $1295 or so.</P>

btw, is neon going to be the trend for this s/s? i know that marc jacobs and robert geller are incorporating neon hues in their collections.</P>

</P>
<P mce_keep="true"></P>

In news along those lines, Simone himself talked to A and Atelier has worked out very specific designs for the Augusta they will be ordering for the spring. Everything from the toe shape to the overall style was discussed and designed so what A will be offering can be considered a special order.</P>

I got to handle the much ballyhooed "wraparound" Augusta boots with the plastic lining inside a la CCP and they're pretty nice. I like the single toe break deep wrinkle as it is very elegant. The silhouette is damn near precisely Carol though, but the construction is solid of course. The upper closes in the back not with a button snap but with a metal peg and leather hole method. </P>

If the price points will be in the low(er) $1000 then they're reasonable. I'm very surprised that Barneys picked them up. I guess they need another brand to fill the gap left by CDiem footwear.</P>

ddohnggo
01-06-2008, 03:53 PM
i would buy those augusta wraparounds, but not for $2k+ i wish they were $1k or less.

Faust
01-07-2008, 12:04 PM
Albert, Barneys has always taken a chance on these brands. Through my tenure as a Barneys customer I've seen CDiem, LUC, Poell come and go :-) Barneys is experimental enough, not so sure about their customers though.

gusgusterson
01-07-2008, 12:54 PM
I'm a huge fan of their shoe section. They seem to take some chances, but it's amazing how much winds up marked down 60-75%. </p>

Has Barneys received much in the way of suiting for spring yet? I think I have to buy a Band of Outsiders suit. I've regretted not doing so for like three seasons. There was a nice linen Dries suit at Jeffrey, but I've finally decided that I can't deal with that place.
</p>

Faust
01-07-2008, 12:56 PM
I'm a huge fan of their shoe section. They seem to take some chances, but it's amazing how much winds up marked down 60-75%. </p>

Has Barneys received much in the way of suiting for spring yet? I think I have to buy a Band of Outsiders suit. I've regretted not doing so for like three seasons. There was a nice linen Dries suit at Jeffrey, but I've finally decided that I can't deal with that place.
</p>

</p>

Hahaha!</p>

I love Band of Outsiders suits. They are really top notch.</p>

Faust
01-08-2008, 05:09 PM
So, I stopped by A. LUC is indeed wonderful this season (and every season).

lowrey
01-08-2008, 05:15 PM
<P mce_keep="true"></P>

what do they have? or did someone do a rundown already? I only recall the trench and some shirt beign mentioned</P>

philip nod
01-08-2008, 05:16 PM
check out the luc section

lowrey
01-08-2008, 05:19 PM
<P mce_keep="true"></P>

ooh yea there it was, cheerio</P>

Faust
01-08-2008, 05:19 PM
<p mce_keep="true"></p>

what do they have? or did someone do a rundown already? I only recall the trench and some shirt beign mentioned</p>

</p>

The trench is fine (it's cotton though, not silk - hence the $1400 price more explainable). The shirt is absolutely brilliant, reversible, dressy on the outside, raw on the inside - a total work/play item where you can wear one side to work and reverse it when you step out of the office. the double buttons are awesome. They also had some amazing knits - one that has an outline of a spine (achieved by slight gathering), the curved arm knit, and the best one was a reversible knit of indescribable softness, dark grey with white spec on one side, and dark grey with vertical white lines on another side. The whole collection is pretty damn nice, makes me want to be rich (or fiscally irresponsible).</p>

Faust
01-09-2008, 11:31 AM
Browns updated with a lot of spring stuff, check it out (http://www.brownsfashion.com/designers/index/men/anndemeulemeester.htm).

the breaks
01-09-2008, 11:42 AM
Browns updated with a lot of spring stuff, check it out (http://www.brownsfashion.com/designers/index/men/anndemeulemeester.htm).
</p>

That "<span class="productName">Jacquard coat" oh man.</span>
</p>

Faust
01-09-2008, 11:43 AM
</p>

That "<span class="productName">Jacquard coat" oh man.</span>
</p>

</p>

Indeed :-)</p>

lowrey
01-09-2008, 01:45 PM
<P mce_keep="true"></P>

anybody know this brand, Kolor (http://www.brownsfashion.com/designers/index/men/kolor.htm)?</P>

I like the cardigan browns has..</P>

Buckwheat
01-09-2008, 05:02 PM
<P mce_keep="true"></P>

anybody know this brand, Kolor (http://www.brownsfashion.com/designers/index/men/kolor.htm)?</P>

I like the cardigan browns has..</P>

</P>

Kolor is a Japanese brand started in 2004. Designer ???? was previously in another brand PPCM. I think they are pretty nice for those I have seen so far.</P>

Casius
01-10-2008, 02:32 AM
If anyone is interested, Jil Sander has finally updated their website and it now has both Mens and Womens collections with Accessories and all. Very nice.

skot4mc
01-10-2008, 03:21 AM
/\ thanks for the information Casius.

about time. [Y]

lowrey
01-13-2008, 07:40 AM
Kolor is a Japanese brand started in 2004. Designer ???? was previously in another brand PPCM. I think they are pretty nice for those I have seen so far.</P>

thanks - managed to find some info on a few japanese sites.. pretty nice looking stuff, apparently they have same slightly odd method of making fabrics, didn't understand everything.. will probably give the cardigan a shot.</P>

ddohnggo
01-13-2008, 01:48 PM
i hear that A got some new m.a+ gear in. blue leather shirt (i think) and some bags.

kompressorkev
01-13-2008, 11:56 PM
i hear that A got some new m.a+ gear in. blue leather shirt (i think) and some bags.

cool, thx for the report.i'm wondering how much those linen button-down shirts are really going to be, esp the ones in the s/s 08 preview

matthewhk
01-14-2008, 12:29 AM
^^</P>

yeah. That black/grey striped shirt is absolutely perfect.</P>

ddohnggo
01-15-2008, 11:24 PM
saw some new pieces at A today. </p>

the m.a+ buy is pretty nice so far:
- ankle boot overdyed w/green
- leather shirt - cut more like a shirt than the cdiem leather shirt. leather is buttery soft and seems to be cut smaller as per what pnod stated. also sold 4 of them so far!
- black canvas duffle bag with leather trim
- black leather messenger
</p>

i believe they'll be expecting the 1.3k shirt, pants, 2 versions of the aviator (all of the regular aviators are spoken for btw. the other may be the sleeveless?), deep v hoodie</p>

virdi-anne (i think) was just a few tank tops and a few pants. </p>

space is kind of becoming an issue there.
</p>

</p>

philip nod
01-15-2008, 11:31 PM
i'm pretty sure they originally ordered the aviator sleeveless and then cancelled that and got the normal aviator. i hadn't heard of another version. i didn't really like the canvas duffle w leather trim at all, but thought the messenger was cool. but all the black leather has this shade of green to it that i'm not that keen on.

ddohnggo
01-15-2008, 11:44 PM
i may have misheard. </p>

there's a stack of new RO sneakers in front of the register though! and all the sales stuff is on another rack. they've already put up s/s on the racks, which was surprising.
</p>

Casius
01-16-2008, 01:05 AM
Yea, just called today and they have their second shipment of RO that came in which is basically basics. Tanks, longsleeves, etc. as well as the all white sneaker.<DIV><BR class="khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>I'm waiting for those white w/ black stripe sneakers though...</DIV><DIV><BR class="khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>I can only imagine that place right now with a huge Spring buy coming in and Fall items left over...shit.</DIV>

BECOMING-INTENSE
01-16-2008, 05:04 PM
Aaahhh Browns! Why did you have to go and ruin your Dries Van Noten buy!</p>

I did think, there was some to be excited about on the runway</p>

But is it me or is this just bland?! [79]</p>

http://www.brownsfashion.com/designers/index/men/dries_van_noten.htm</p>

</p>

</p>

CHRIS
01-16-2008, 11:01 PM
very bland, yes. although i quite like that diamond print cardigan... </P>

barneys had a small rack of the shiny pieces, but i dont wear orange ever, so i didnt bother trying anything on. butim definitely hoping to find all of those sheer knits and plaid shirts!</P>

Faust
01-16-2008, 11:19 PM
I dropped by IF and Yamamoto. Yamamoto spring is looking good - I like the cargo pants and blazers. Expensive as hell - I'm sorry but a choice between $690 Poell pants and $690 Yohji pants, with all due respect to Yohji, is no choice at all. </p>

IF has a sizable Ann buy, all crap IMHO, except the double collar/double cuff shirt. The shirt is $378 + tax = pushing $400, while being $300 - VAT at Browns (or, I forgot, we hate them). US markups do suck. Some new Margiela and Dries stuff is in also, nothing memorable at all. I am beginning to get excited about a possibility of not buying anything this season. Could this be it? The Guinness Book of records is waiting.</p>

P.S. For all you CDiem freaks, IF has the footwear (mostly in large sizes, I think) at about 30-40% off, mostly in $850 range. Black cordovan shoe, distressed brown shoe, distressed brown 5 hole boot.</p>

CHRIS
01-16-2008, 11:38 PM
did they have any of the sheer shirts (fully plaid, paneled plaid, or plain) at IF?

Faust
01-17-2008, 12:50 AM
did they have any of the sheer shirts (fully plaid, paneled plaid, or plain) at IF?</p>

they had the one with the panel.</p>

Casius
01-17-2008, 12:55 AM
When is Junya hitting the shelves? </p>

Also got an email saying the Number Nine SS08 collection will be in on Jan. 27th. Can't wait to see some of the clothing in person; after viewing individual pictures, it looked great! The fabrics are nice and light too, despite looking kind of fall-ish. </p>

mesh
01-17-2008, 01:33 AM
There's one junya knit I've been waiting for about 7 months to come out.

lowrey
01-17-2008, 06:15 AM
Also got an email saying the Number Nine SS08 collection will be in on Jan. 27th. Can't wait to see some of the clothing in person; after viewing individual pictures, it looked great! The fabrics are nice and light too, despite looking kind of fall-ish.</P>

are there pics somewhere of individual n(n) pieces?</P>
<P mce_keep="true"></P>

mindrice
01-17-2008, 07:05 AM
Also got an email saying the Number Nine SS08 collection will be in on Jan. 27th. Can't wait to see some of the clothing in person; after viewing individual pictures, it looked great! The fabrics are nice and light too, despite looking kind of fall-ish.</p>

are there pics somewhere of individual n(n) pieces?</p>
<p mce_keep="true"></p>

</p>

</p>

some pieces here: http://www.cliffedge.co.jp/numbernine.aspx</p>

i got the black waist wrap (to go with my wool black check), and the cap. i know the markup is really high, but i hope the color stretch didn't go up in price this season. everything else is cheaper (jpn retail) in comparison to aw07. though i've heard from a friend that the quality might be questionable this season. suppose i'll have to wait and see
</p>

Johnny
01-17-2008, 07:22 AM
When is Junya hitting the shelves?</P>
<P mce_keep="true"></P>

</P>

New collections are going into DSM next Saturday so I expect that it will be the same for all CDG stores, and no other stockists will have it before then. </P>

cbdas
01-17-2008, 07:36 AM
Are Atelier going to put up the ss08 collections on their website ? Im not on the mailing list but if i remember its usually up about this time .

matthewhk
01-17-2008, 07:39 AM
Also got an email saying the Number Nine SS08 collection will be in on Jan. 27th. Can't wait to see some of the clothing in person; after viewing individual pictures, it looked great! The fabrics are nice and light too, despite looking kind of fall-ish.</p>

are there pics somewhere of individual n(n) pieces?</p>
<p mce_keep="true"></p>

</p>

</p>

some pieces here: http://www.cliffedge.co.jp/numbernine.aspx</p>

i got the black waist wrap (to go with my wool black check), and the cap. i know the markup is really high, but i hope the color stretch didn't go up in price this season. everything else is cheaper (jpn retail) in comparison to aw07. though i've heard from a friend that the quality might be questionable this season. suppose i'll have to wait and see
</p>

</p>

jeez those are rape prices...the zip up hoodie and western shirt cost 3 times more than what i paid for them...is that how much NN usually goes for in the US?</p>

</p>

matthewhk
01-17-2008, 10:23 AM
I'm sorry but a choice between $690 Poell pants and $690 Yohji pants, with all due respect to Yohji, is no choice at all. </p>

</p>

I can see your point, but one must also consider that they're two different products to the point of being incomparable. Being the same price I'd take the Yohji pants myself; not that I don't admire the CCP, but it pretty much comes down to stylistic preference at that point. Can't really go wrong with either (although I would never pay that much for a pair of casual pants!)
</p>

Faust
01-17-2008, 11:54 AM
I'm sorry but a choice between $690 Poell pants and $690 Yohji pants, with all due respect to Yohji, is no choice at all. </p>

</p>

I can see your point, but one must also consider that they're two different products to the point of being incomparable. Being the same price I'd take the Yohji pants myself; not that I don't admire the CCP, but it pretty much comes down to stylistic preference at that point. Can't really go wrong with either (although I would never pay that much for a pair of casual pants!)
</p>

</p>

No, my point is exactly the opposite. It doesn't come down to stylistic point, but to choice of fabric, level of details, and degree of craftsmanship. Why are they incomparable?
</p>

Casius
01-17-2008, 12:05 PM
Also got an email saying the Number Nine SS08 collection will be in on Jan. 27th. Can't wait to see some of the clothing in person; after viewing individual pictures, it looked great! The fabrics are nice and light too, despite looking kind of fall-ish. </p>

are there pics somewhere of individual n(n) pieces?</p><p mce_keep="true"> </p>

</p>

They had a whole lookbook full of pictures of each piece in every color at the Number Nine NY store. Quite cool if you ask me; Plus they had all of the fabric swatches so you could feel the weight and see the patterns in person. I'm actually very impressed with their collection this time around, so hopefully the quality will be up to par for what they ask here in the US.</p>

Also, cliffedge is notorious for up charging all of their items. </p>

lowrey
01-17-2008, 12:21 PM
<P mce_keep="true"></P>

oh that sounds really cool!</P>

cliddedge has only a couple of hats and shirts that are actually new items. in addition to the markups andlimited selectionthey also sell out instantly in everything [|-)]</P>

Casius
01-17-2008, 12:41 PM
Are Atelier going to put up the ss08 collections on their website ? Im not on the mailing list but if i remember its usually up about this time .
</p>

From what Pnod was saying, Atelier isn't going to be doing the whole pictures-of-every-item thing anymore. They'll post up a few looks for the season and have the be it. (Which, are already on the website) </p>

ddohnggo
01-17-2008, 01:57 PM
yeah, it's still up in the air. it's still a possibility, but i'd say very slim.</p>

also, julius will probably be the next line they pick up. obviously that's still up in the air though.</p>

sam_tem
01-17-2008, 02:55 PM
</P>

From what Pnod was saying, Atelier isn't going to be doing the whole pictures-of-every-item thing anymore. They'll post up a few looks for the season and have the be it. (Which, are already on the website)</P>

</P>

oh wow, that would really suck. I find it frustrating that more stores don't put pictures up to help accomodate online and long distance shoppers. I suppose it doesn't addany additionaltraffic in their stores, but I would think that a place like A gets enoughphone orders to make it worth it.If it's a matter of bandwidth (which I can't possibly imagine) they could just link to a store photobucket account or something.</P>

philip nod
01-17-2008, 03:00 PM
^ i think its more about enigma than anything. i really think they got put off answering so many questions on the phone all day that didn't eventually lead to sales. i think they thought they were being taken advantage of. i could be wrong, but that was the vibe i got. it does seems counterproductive to simul. expand and contract the store.

ddohnggo
01-17-2008, 03:46 PM
no, you're right with what you said pniddy. that's what i was basically told. didn't get much ROI out of it. it's for sure a bummer for those who aren't able to go to the store. yet, the majority of their clientele are people within the city. i just wonder if they'll be getting a lot more calls now regarding "what stock do you have of x designer" rather than more pointed questions.

Casius
01-17-2008, 04:07 PM
Yea, they will for sure! But that's a part of bein a business that carries the brands they do.<DIV><BR class="khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>I kind of like to think of Atelier as an underground lair built deep within the earth, only accessible through secret subway metro where you need a black metrocard to go through a CCP guard rail. Highly exclusive indeed.</DIV>

gusgusterson
01-17-2008, 04:19 PM
Yea, they will for sure! But that's a part of bein a business that carries the brands they do.<div><br class="khtml-block-placeholder"></div><div>I kind of like to think of Atelier as an underground lair built deep within the earth, only accessible through secret subway metro where you need a black metrocard to go through a CCP guard rail. Highly exclusive indeed.</div>

</p>

I didn't see this elsewhere, apologies if its old news!</p>

from style.com (http://men.style.com/news/blog/2008/01/maxiumum-space.html):
</p>

"</p><h3 class="entry-header">Maximum space for minimalist clothes</h3>

<div class="entry-content">
<div class="entry-body">

Manhattan
menswear shop Atelier is leaving its five-year-old Crosby Street
location for a spot on Hudson Street just north of Canal. Founder Karlo
Steel told us that, at 9,000 square feet, the new store will be three
times the size of the old?which means plenty of space for offerings
from the likes of Ann Demeulemeester and Raf Simons. It will be
designed by Fernando Santangelo, who also worked on the Maritime and
Chateau Marmont hotels. The exact address is still under wraps because
the lease hasn't been signed, but expect the new place to open in April.</p>

<div class="byline">AARON MACK SCHLOFF</div>
</div>

</div>

1:12 PM, January 15, 2008

"</p>

Faust
01-17-2008, 04:45 PM
It's pretty pathetic of Oki-ni to try and sell Margiela AIDS tshirts for 55GBP (http://www.oki-ni.com/invt/mm0039grey), when their price should be 30GBP (http://www.brownsfashion.com/product/designers/index/men/martin_margiela/90488.htm) or $70 in the US.

sleazie ninja
01-17-2008, 05:27 PM
<h3 class="entry-header">Maximum space for minimalist clothes</h3>

<div class="entry-content">
<div class="entry-body">

Manhattan
menswear shop Atelier is leaving its five-year-old Crosby Street
location for a spot on Hudson Street just north of Canal. Founder Karlo
Steel told us that, at 9,000 square feet, the new store will be three
times the size of the old?which means plenty of space for offerings
from the likes of Ann Demeulemeester and Raf Simons. It will be
designed by Fernando Santangelo, who also worked on the Maritime and
Chateau Marmont hotels. The exact address is still under wraps because
the lease hasn't been signed, but expect the new place to open in April.</p>

<div class="byline">AARON MACK SCHLOFF</div>
</div>

</div>

1:12 PM, January 15, 2008

"</p>

</p>

</p>

wow, that's good info. I wonder how number nine will feel about its close proximity to A.</p>

Faust
01-17-2008, 05:28 PM
well, they are south of canal, it's all good :-)

cbdas
01-17-2008, 07:45 PM
It's pretty pathetic of Oki-ni to try and sell Margiela AIDS tshirts for 55GBP (http://www.oki-ni.com/invt/mm0039grey), when their price should be 30GBP (http://www.brownsfashion.com/product/designers/index/men/martin_margiela/90488.htm) or $70 in the US.

Is everything marked up on that site ? I was liking the mesh Jil Sander jacket up until i realised it was sterling .

Kodak
01-17-2008, 08:44 PM
Martin Margiela is now available at http://www.eluxury.com/estore/index.jsp

ddohnggo
01-18-2008, 06:59 PM
apparently there are production problems with lumen et umbra and might not make it stateside.
</p>

casem
01-19-2008, 07:02 PM
Well someone's already been to Comme Des Garcon, maybe a bit literal but this looks amazing.</p>

http://stylemens.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/01/18/cdgjkts.jpg</p>

(from the sartorialist pics from fashion week on men.style.com)</p>

Casius
01-19-2008, 07:10 PM
I saw that too the other night....I think it is way too much and does not fit him at all. Not to mention, those collars be fucked up!

Avantster
01-20-2008, 05:07 AM
I do believe that is Wyman Wong, HK lyricist and fashion columnist. </p>

Good writer but well known for being a fashion victim extraordinaire. He's done MUCH worse than this...
</p>

the breaks
01-20-2008, 06:02 AM
The jacket looks great but I don't like the guy it's wearing.

Servo2000
01-21-2008, 12:06 AM
http://stylemens.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/01/20/lan3_4.jpg</p>

Same guy?
</p>

Komakino
01-21-2008, 12:35 AM
He has a variety of looks if it is him... maybe he dresses appropriate to each show he attends.</p>

Graham </p>

bakla
01-21-2008, 02:21 AM
I like his looks (not his personal appearance, but his 'fashion looks'). I also like his chutzpah.

cbdas
01-21-2008, 06:50 AM
did jil sander do any longsleeve knits this season ? the sky blue knit shirt on ok-ni is pretty cool but i prefer knits in longsleeve form .. .. the only stockist here dropped the menswear line so someone here should know.

Avantster
01-21-2008, 09:05 AM
Same guy, Servo.</p>

He does love his fashion. Decent writer too. Doesn't have pretences of being intellectual either.
</p>

OK, I couldn't help myself.</p>

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/Avantster/Fashion/wymancdgopening.jpg</p>

</p>

Continue on, nothing else here..
</p>

desultory
01-21-2008, 09:45 AM
Re the Di t-shirt, hoping Dodi's on the back.

Faust
01-21-2008, 01:09 PM
Avantster, stop it!!!! [86]

Casius
01-22-2008, 01:55 AM
Aloharag has put up some of the new Ann D and Margiela for Men.

deleuze
01-22-2008, 02:06 AM
Aloharag has put up some of the new Ann D and Margiela for Men.</P>

Theprices on the Ann D. stuff are insane.</P>

Faust
01-22-2008, 11:51 AM
Aloharag has put up some of the new Ann D and Margiela for Men.</p>

Theprices on the Ann D. stuff are insane.</p>

</p>

Don't say I didn't warn you. And the quality for the price is not good. If you are finally going into Yohji's pricing realm, you better provide Yohji quality. $495 basic cotton shirt, made in Czech Republic. I have to say though - Aloha marks Ann way up more than other stores. I think they can do that because they are orienting themselves at the Japanese, where the prices are still more expensive.
</p>

Casius
01-22-2008, 12:03 PM
Aloharag has put up some of the new Ann D and Margiela for Men.</p>

The prices on the Ann D. stuff are insane.</p>

</p>

Don't say I didn't warn you. And the quality for the price is not good. If you are finally going into Yohji's pricing realm, you better provide Yohji quality. $495 basic cotton shirt, made in Czech Republic. I have to say though - Aloha marks Ann way up more than other stores. I think they can do that because they are orienting themselves at the Japanese, where the prices are still more expensive.
</p>

</p>

Yea, I wonder how they're going to get used to structuring their price for NY, especially with a much higher rent. Much more competition. </p>

BECOMING-INTENSE
01-23-2008, 07:32 PM
Aloha Rags prices are ridicules, even London prices are better, and I must admit </p>

that there Demeulemeester and Margiela buy is not very exciting! [|-)] ...</p>

matthewhk
01-25-2008, 02:11 PM
Y's by Yohji in the Causeway Bay Lee Gardens store has received some shipments for S/S 08, it's beginning to look a lot better than the past 2 seasons, Yohji stripped away a lot of novelty gimmicks that took away from the clothes and replaced them with smart, subtle detailing...definitely a more toned down collection. Although I do feel Y's quality is going somewhat downhill...black blazers in linen, cotton, wool, notable pieces had some subtle embroidery going on along the sides or the sleeves, likewise with the shirting. The requisite asymmetrical stitching shirt was done, this time in a white number that makes it seem like the shirt is being spliced in half, pretty interesting. Prices are par for the course, $150-200 for t-shirts (embroidered ones were about 400 but kind of uninteresting, there were some basic long sleeved ones in more relaxed fabrics that could be nice and wearable), $400 for button downs and $1000-ish for outerwear. Also there was a pair of really sharp, slim fit black cotton chino type pants that i liked a lot and may purchase down the line, it was a little over $400. I also liked the belts he did this season quite a bit as well. In terms of shoes, i was a little disappointed...all converse style sneakers but there's a metal clasp on the front lace with a "Y's" stamped on it, a bit too loud for my tastes.

BECOMING-INTENSE
01-25-2008, 03:25 PM
In relation to Damir Doma's ss2008 collection for you guys in London,
who are interested to see his collection in person(It will also be available online though!)
This is what B-Store London, wrote to me:</p>

"He is not mentioned on our website as yet as we havent updated it for s/s...
We will be receiving his collection within the next 2 weeks and it will be available online and in the store.
Keep checking the site it is going through a refurbishment at the monment and will be launched first week of Feb." </p>

B-Store (http://www.bstorelondon.com/)
</p>

lowrey
01-25-2008, 03:43 PM
<P mce_keep="true"></P>

cool, thanks for the info</P>

ddohnggo
01-30-2008, 12:30 PM
i'm going to stop by saturday, but does A have anything new for s/s?

Faust
01-30-2008, 12:31 PM
Don't think so, Joey. I was there yesterday.

philip nod
01-30-2008, 01:34 PM
i must have just missed you :(

Faust
01-30-2008, 01:41 PM
i must have just missed you :(
</p>

Funny, I was actually wondering if I'd run into you. I had a wonderful conversation with Karlo. He is a pleasure to talk to about fashion. I am now debating whether I liked more the washed cotton Virid-Anne trench or the asymmetric jacket with the big chest pocket by Yohji.
</p>

ddohnggo
01-30-2008, 01:45 PM
</p>

if there are pictures of f/w 08, it'll still be a worthwhile trip.</p>

Faust
01-30-2008, 01:48 PM
</p>

if there are pictures of f/w 08, it'll still be a worthwhile trip.</p>

</p>

True that. I did not ask.</p>

philip nod
01-30-2008, 01:57 PM
the pocket holds me back on the yohji jacket but everything about it is sweet. i think one would prob get used to it. i didn't get a good look at the VA. i did try on that white RO leather super soft at the beg. of the rack of the store. i had those white linea pants you saw and another white cdiem t and the white look felt pretty good. watch out you could fall victim!

ddohnggo
01-30-2008, 02:45 PM
is it a white RO leather jacket that you tried on? sounds pretty cool. definitely go for that sterile look. you need to buy a ccp white leather sars mask with overlock stitching too and matching white leather hospital bracelet too.

badseeds
01-30-2008, 02:50 PM
im wondering if one can still find the thom browne super long beanie from fw06...</p>

</p>

btw its much fun to see a lot of wyman's pics here....</p>

Faust
01-30-2008, 03:03 PM
the pocket holds me back on the yohji jacket but everything about it is sweet. i think one would prob get used to it. i didn't get a good look at the VA. i did try on that white RO leather super soft at the beg. of the rack of the store. i had those white linea pants you saw and another white cdiem t and the white look felt pretty good. watch out you could fall victim!
</p>

I could see that - I love the pocket though. A exaggeration like that is totally a Yohji thing, too.</p>

Casius
01-30-2008, 06:54 PM
<DIV><BR class="khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>Damn, all white is that gangster business. CCP all white linen suit with CCP gator side zip boots.</DIV><DIV><BR class="khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>Seriously though, I might try those white CCP boots. Those look dope with grey and black pants and a light top. The RO leather in white would be next level too.</DIV>

Raw Edge
01-30-2008, 07:00 PM

ddohnggo
01-30-2008, 07:02 PM
i think the latter would be "What Would You Wear While LARPING"

Chinorlz
01-30-2008, 07:04 PM
I haven't talked to the guys at A in a little while... any news on MA+ for the spring?

theetruscan
01-30-2008, 07:09 PM
I haven't talked to the guys at A in a little while... any news on MA+ for the spring?</p>

Alan Bilzerian has a few pieces in. Leather jacket and a knit jacket.</p>

EDIT: Misread your post as "haven't talked to you guys in a little while" sorry for useless info.
</p>

ddohnggo
01-30-2008, 07:15 PM
i think the knit jacket is a special piece for AB. basically a hoodless aviator.

Raw Edge
01-30-2008, 07:16 PM
wow ma+ knit hoodless aviator sounds insane. </p>

still would rather have the hood aviator from last season tho, but i think AB sold out of it (or never had it?)
</p>

ddohnggo
01-30-2008, 07:20 PM
oops sorry. the knit jacket might be something different. i heard that they have a zip cotton jacket w/o hood. basically the aviator sans hood. i don't think AB ever ordered the hoodie.

theetruscan
01-30-2008, 07:25 PM
oops sorry. the knit jacket might be something different. i heard that they have a zip cotton jacket w/o hood. basically the aviator sans hood. i don't think AB ever ordered the hoodie.
</p>

This isn't on me. The zip+collar combo while a fairly normal one is somehow stuck in my head as a Spiewak jacket think, which I'm afraid I don't like, but the folded knit for the pockets is very cool.</p>

</p>

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2217/2230914127_46ed588e05.jpg</p>

justine
01-30-2008, 07:29 PM
I haven't talked to the guys at A in a little while... any news on MA+ for the spring?They received new shoes (design wise really similar to the previous season ones, the leather is greenish) ; there's also a grey leather shirt (I think pnod bought that). No hoodie in sight yet I think.

ddohnggo
01-30-2008, 07:38 PM
did someone at AB take the picture?

theetruscan
01-30-2008, 07:39 PM
Yes. Is it inappropriate to put it up here? I was hunting for something, and they sent me a pic.

ddohnggo
01-30-2008, 08:10 PM
nothing inappropriate about it. i was under the impression that they didn't really like taking pictures of their items.

Faust
01-30-2008, 10:11 PM
those sleeves need serious work

philip nod
01-31-2008, 12:47 AM
[74]

Faust
01-31-2008, 12:51 AM
[74]</p>

Honestly. Do they not want to sell the thing?</p>

Casius
01-31-2008, 12:55 AM
I agree Faust. If they were tapered more or had a cuff it might be better but that would get annoying just hanging off your hand.</p>

P.S. That's maybe the most boring MA+ items I've seen. </p>

theetruscan
01-31-2008, 12:56 AM
</p>

I couldn't figure out what was happening. It looks like the jacket is a few sizes (at least) too large on the guy wearing it.
</p>

philip nod
01-31-2008, 02:06 AM
that's why A hires models.

Casius
01-31-2008, 02:13 AM
</p>

Satoru, he's so hot right now.....Satoru. </p>

xcoldricex
01-31-2008, 02:19 AM
out of curiosity how much was the m.a.+ aviator at A?

ddohnggo
01-31-2008, 02:20 AM
$1400-$1500

ddohnggo
01-31-2008, 02:23 AM
new s/s geller stuff from blackbird.
</p>

http://bp3.blogger.com/_2b87qT5uNF4/R5kpJ88RIXI/AAAAAAAACfI/G42LZSRZwu0/s400/grosgrain-blazer.jpg
http://bp0.blogger.com/_2b87qT5uNF4/R5kpKM8RIYI/AAAAAAAACfQ/I1QfEjRzq84/s1600-h/grosgrain-trouser.jpg
</p>

http://bp1.blogger.com/_2b87qT5uNF4/R5kpKc8RIbI/AAAAAAAACfo/7X4KU6OsFww/s1600-h/shawlvest.jpg</p>

http://bp0.blogger.com/_2b87qT5uNF4/R5kpCM8RITI/AAAAAAAACeo/E0z-ps_kuIk/s1600-h/double-breasted-coat.jpg</p>

http://bp0.blogger.com/_2b87qT5uNF4/R5kpCM8RISI/AAAAAAAACeg/kPmcbo4CMBE/s1600-h/belted-leather-jkt.jpg</p>

</p>

http://bp0.blogger.com/_2b87qT5uNF4/R5kpKM8RIZI/AAAAAAAACfY/VkDgwhhGA7Q/s1600-h/mackingtosh.jpg</p>

http://bp2.blogger.com/_2b87qT5uNF4/R6FF8s8RIyI/AAAAAAAACig/DsSsWBLQLWc/s1600-h/motor-vest.jpg</p>

http://bp2.blogger.com/_2b87qT5uNF4/R5kpNs8RIcI/AAAAAAAACfw/KnyhkAjL--A/s1600-h/sweatshirt.jpg</p>

http://bp1.blogger.com/_2b87qT5uNF4/R5kpCc8RIUI/AAAAAAAACew/HcQu73Zzf7A/s1600-h/double-faced-vest.jpg</p>

http://bp2.blogger.com/_2b87qT5uNF4/R5kpCs8RIVI/AAAAAAAACe4/qfVsI7dOhag/s1600-h/dress-shirt.jpg</p>

http://bp3.blogger.com/_2b87qT5uNF4/R5kpC88RIWI/AAAAAAAACfA/RKGqOwXOSQA/s1600-h/leather-beuy%27s-pant.jpg</p>

http://bp1.blogger.com/_2b87qT5uNF4/R5kpKc8RIaI/AAAAAAAACfg/a984hlH0CwE/s1600-h/pearl-necklace.jpg

</p>

</p>

philip nod
01-31-2008, 03:24 AM
</p>

Satoru, he's so hot right now.....Satoru. </p>

</p>

correction: they hire models that double as SA's</p>

Servo2000
01-31-2008, 03:26 AM
Goddamn. Geller looks great. That three-piece grosgrain is fantastic, along with the cotton mac.

</p>

Servo2000
01-31-2008, 11:27 PM
Goddamn. Geller looks great. That three-piece grosgrain is fantastic, along with the cotton mac. </p>

Anyone know what the suit will probably end up costing, by the way? I'm guessing around $1000 for the three pieces?
</p>

Casius
02-01-2008, 12:32 PM
Goddamn. Geller looks great. That three-piece grosgrain is fantastic, along with the cotton mac. </p>

Anyone know what the suit will probably end up costing, by the way? I'm guessing around $1000 for the three pieces?
</p>

</p>

http://men.style.com/slideshows/mens/standalone/upgrader/style/buyers-guide-spring-2008/0029h.jpg</p>

Ask and you shall receive. [75]</p>

<span class="Apple-style-span" style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-style: italic; ">Shawl collar vest, $315, pleated-armhole shirt, $195, and grosgrain trouser, $349</span></p>

cbdas
02-02-2008, 04:25 AM
http://www.brownsfashion.com/public/pictures/products/standard/90761_1.jpg

pattern cardigan casius and chris are into on browns now - big sizes only .

Chinorlz
02-02-2008, 04:32 AM
^ really?</P>

My god it's hideous. People save your money!</P>

cbdas
02-02-2008, 04:38 AM
haha i know , but ppl where into it in the dries thread so thought id let em know

the breaks
02-02-2008, 07:31 AM

</p>

</p>

http://men.style.com/slideshows/mens/standalone/upgrader/style/buyers-guide-spring-2008/0029h.jpg</p>

Ask and you shall receive. [75]</p>

<span class="Apple-style-span" style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-style: italic;">Shawl collar vest, $315, pleated-armhole shirt, $195, and grosgrain trouser, $349</span></p>

</p>

</p>

That's not bad at all... which places in NY carry Geller?</p>

lowrey
02-02-2008, 08:14 AM
<P mce_keep="true"></P>

Odin and Camouflage, atleast</P>

that 3 piece get up is sharp indeed!</P>

xadam
02-02-2008, 07:09 PM
Barney's Madison has a selection of SS Versace. This is the first time I've seen the Plokhov Versace pieces in person. It was pretty shocking to see the Cloak cuts in those ridiculous fabrics. Everything was so... shiny.</p>

Faust
02-03-2008, 12:24 PM
this does not sound good :-)

nycd
02-04-2008, 09:16 PM
Looks like Lazzari has a few new LUC shirts:</p>

http://www.lazzariweb.it/shop/index.php?manufacturers_id=40</p>

</p>

Faust
02-04-2008, 10:51 PM
Looks like Lazzari has a few new LUC shirts:</p>

http://www.lazzariweb.it/shop/index.php?manufacturers_id=40</p>

</p>

</p>

Thanks. Can someone run me through their ordering process again - they do either VAT or free shipping, is that it?</p>

badseeds
02-04-2008, 11:05 PM
faust, based on my experience, you could directly contact the SA (sorry i forget his name, starting with M?). And he will quote you the price which might be slightly discounted.

nycd
02-04-2008, 11:06 PM
I usually email and ask them for a price that excludes VAT - and includes shipping and customs fees. </p>

It's nice because there are no surprise customs fees on receipt.</p>

I always deal with Matteo - he's very helpful. They will also photograph items that are not listed on their site. Email is shop@lazzariweb.it</p>

</p>

Thanks. Can someone run me through their ordering process again - they do either VAT or free shipping, is that it? </p>

Casius
02-04-2008, 11:17 PM
I usually email and ask them for a price that excludes VAT - and includes shipping and customs fees. </P>

It's nice because there are no surprise customs fees on receipt.</P>

I always deal with Matteo - he's very helpful. They will also photograph items that are not listed on their site. Email is shop@lazzariweb.it</P>

</P>

Thanks. Can someone run me through their ordering process again - they do either VAT or free shipping, is that it? </P><DIV><BR class="khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV> Log into the site and it will give you the prices with VAT taken off then add roughly 14% for the customs/shipping charges.But yea, NYCD is right, Matteo will add it up for you and you just go through paypal.</DIV>

nycd
02-06-2008, 05:48 PM
Shelter has their SS08 collections up on their site:

http://www.mattotti.co.jp/shelter/shopping/index5.htm

not much that hasn't been seen before - except some of the wacky m.a+ leather colors.

oh, and the orange cashmere briefs...

Chinorlz
02-06-2008, 05:52 PM
dammit mattotti. get your large photos working!</P>

We need to see details!</P>

bellapietra1501
02-06-2008, 07:19 PM
wow! the ccp prices have really gotten up again.

lowrey
02-06-2008, 07:20 PM
<P mce_keep="true"></P>

grey poell blazer - 300,000Y </P>

why god, why.</P>

ddohnggo
02-06-2008, 07:43 PM
holy shit, that leather jacket is nearly $7k

Raw Edge
02-06-2008, 07:56 PM
yeah i hope these prices aren't indicative of the overall prices of each line.</p>

Those avantidietro boots are outrageously expensive and don't even look very nice. </p>

my friend goo
02-06-2008, 08:46 PM
</p>

oh, and the orange cashmere briefs...</p>

</p>

actually they are cotton, for 30k yens.
</p>

lawl</p>

delroylindo
02-06-2008, 09:17 PM
The large photos aren't working, but judging from what I can see...I really want those CCP trousers. [8-|]

philip nod
02-07-2008, 01:48 AM
the grey leather shirt is something like 2550 but at A its 2200. these prices are pretty dramatic and inflated.

mesh
02-07-2008, 03:43 AM
^Another 3 hundy is just pnuts in that league.</P>

In other news, barneys actually has quite a decent spring buy. Lots of tasty designer goodness I want to buy up as compared to season's past. Well done.</P>
<P mce_keep="true"></P>

Honey~Blade
02-07-2008, 07:24 AM
http://img305.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/users/8/5/0/1/makkunn2005-img288x352-120229723620080206202716.jpghttp://img305.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/users/8/5/0/1/makkunn2005-img288x352-120229729820080206202818.jpg</p>

http://img167.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/users/9/0/8/5/anthem066jp-img270x360-1200336940dsc03484.jpghttp://img167.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/users/9/0/8/5/anthem066jp-img270x360-1200337003dsc03483.jpg</p>

http://img259.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/users/4/7/8/4/elephant_green-img491x600-1201445259elephant_green-img491x600-1200956114img_1862.jpg</p>

http://img303.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/users/0/6/7/4/the_united_bells-img600x450-1200921246myshopa115_001.jpg</p>

http://img163.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/users/4/7/1/8/home_sweet_home_from_1984-img450x600-12017785991.jpghttp://img163.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/users/4/7/1/8/home_sweet_home_from_1984-img450x600-12017786042.jpg</p>

</p>

Some S/S 08 from Number (N)ine. </p>

the breaks
02-07-2008, 10:05 AM
Speaking of Mattotti, this looks awesome:</p>

http://www.mattotti.co.jp/shelter/shopping/umbra3/img/03-1.jpg (http://www.mattotti.co.jp/shelter/shopping/umbra3/03.htm%20)</p>

</p>

</p>

matthewhk
02-07-2008, 10:44 AM
i'm a fan of NN but none of those pics really catch my fancy, except for the shoes which look kinda c diem-ish. too bad don't need any more laceups since i bought Aldens last week.

matthewhk
02-07-2008, 10:49 AM
Shelter has their SS08 collections up on their site:

</p>
http://www.mattotti.co.jp/shelter/shopping/index5.htm

</p>
not much that hasn't been seen before - except some of the wacky m.a+ leather colors.

</p>

oh, and the orange cashmere briefs...</p>

that CCP is ridiculously expensive...like the avantindietro leather shirt, don't like the shoes (what's up with ruining an OK cordovan boot by stamping that horween badge?!). Also wonder about the durability of those shoes with the tiny heel...</p>

i'm diggin the MA+ stuff the most...the clothes look refined but slightly rugged, almost has a street sensibility to it. beautiful stuff...
</p>

philip nod
02-07-2008, 11:06 AM
^Another 3 hundy is just pnuts in that league.</p>

In other news, barneys actually has quite a decent spring buy. Lots of tasty designer goodness I want to buy up as compared to season's past. Well done.</p>
<p mce_keep="true"></p>

</p>

twoo.</p>

Faust
02-07-2008, 11:28 AM
I like the long N(N) coat, but I wonder if one would get tired too easily of those buttons. Not sure.

matthewhk
02-07-2008, 11:31 AM
which one, faust? the toggle or the drapey cutaway 2-button? I think the former is kinda pointless, esp if worn all out toggle w/ the waistcoat like on the runway a bit too over the top fashion victim. The second one i think would work on the right person, it reminds me of ann dem a bit...

Faust
02-07-2008, 11:34 AM
which one, faust? the toggle or the drapey cutaway 2-button? I think the former is kinda pointless, esp if worn all out toggle w/ the waistcoat like on the runway a bit too over the top fashion victim. The second one i think would work on the right person, it reminds me of ann dem a bit...
</p>

The toggle, reminds of Yohji. The cutaway is a copy of Ann's design. Nothing new there, of course :-)</p>

matthewhk
02-07-2008, 11:44 AM
yeah, the toggle is quite yohji-esque, i can see it. But if that's the case, Yohji had Taka beat by a season...there was a beautiful shetland wool toggle overcoat YY did last season that has a bit of an 'A' shape when worn. elegant homeless steez right there.

Faust
02-07-2008, 11:55 AM
yeah, the toggle is quite yohji-esque, i can see it. But if that's the case, Yohji had Taka beat by a season...there was a beautiful shetland wool toggle overcoat YY did last season that has a bit of an 'A' shape when worn. elegant homeless steez right there.
</p>

Yea, and the toggles looked EXACTLY like these. And Ann's coat is from one season before this. You get the idea....</p>

Casius
02-09-2008, 07:54 PM
Can any NY'ers tell me what Rick Owens items are in stock at Barneys?

ddohnggo
02-09-2008, 08:07 PM
from what i saw it wasn't very good. washed leather moto vests, tanks, a few leather jackets, that asymmetrical shirt

Casius
02-09-2008, 08:21 PM
Any pants or sweaters Joey?

random
02-09-2008, 09:09 PM
^co-ask. and are there any dual layer tshirts? TIA

Casius
02-10-2008, 02:02 PM
</p>

I think the dual layer shirts are more of a winter thing. You'll see more again for A/W08/09. </p>

xadam
02-10-2008, 02:37 PM
Any pants or sweaters Joey?</p>

There's a pair of shiny black horizontal corduroy pants, and there's a green+white horizontal striped sweater. </p>

Casius
02-10-2008, 02:58 PM
Any pants or sweaters Joey?</p>

There's a pair of shiny black horizontal corduroy pants, and there's a green+white horizontal striped sweater. </p>

</p>

Ah, thanks xadam! Sorry to ask yet another question, but was the whole sweater striped or just the sleeves? </p>

random
02-10-2008, 03:02 PM
</P>

I think the dual layer shirts are more of a winter thing. You'll see more again for A/W08/09.</P>

</P>

thanks cas. only bought some l/s shirts, but now really want some s/s ones :(</P>